• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants a few questions about bathsalts? i think

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupMane

Bluelighter
okay slightly connfused here i did UTFSE maybe not well enough thou.... first of all doews 'bath salts' connotate most methamphetaminesque stimulants? such as mephedrone? what else would be considered\ a 'bath ssalt' ? isita coverallterm for RCs of this nature?

also what is the status with these chemicals and drug tests? im guessing we're talking like five to ten panel tests, not lab tests or anything. Do they show up as amp;methamp ? or would one on regular drug testing be in the clear>?

thankx

Bath salts doesn't refer to any specific substance or class of substances. It was just a way for vendors to sell psychoactive substances by claiming they were not "intended for human consumption", kind of like how people are selling alkyl nitrites as "liquid incense" or GBL as "cleaning fluid". I don't think any vendors use the term "bath salts" at this point anyway, because it has become so firmly associated with psychoactive substances.

Most of the time, "bath salts" used to refer to cathinones though, which are indeed related to amphetamines, and yes, many of these would cause you to test positive for methamphetamine, MDMA or even PCP.

Technically, drug testing questions are not allowed here, but I am telling you this in the interest of harm reduction: Ingesting unknown compounds isn't just extremely risky in general, but it would also give you a false sense of security: Even if you found a "legal high" kind of product that didn't make you test positive the first time around, there is no guarantee that it wouldn't trigger a false positive the next time, as the vendors selling these types of products tend to be shady as hell, and any RC (especially "branded" ones / "blends") is liable to being cut or misrepresented. For example, a vendor was recently found to sell 3-MeO-PCE (a PCP/ketamine analogue) that was actually just O-DSMT (an active opioid metabolite of tramadol).

Sorry soupmane but I do have to close this with the 5 / 10 panel UA reference. Although I'm glad you did get one of the best replies possible first.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.