• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

A few lsd related questions ( regarding Redosing, splitting tabs and meditation)

curiosity

Bluelighter
So i'm officially on vacation for 2 weeks and I have acquired some LSD that I plan to try for the first and second times over my vacation, I have no idea of what the potency of said LSD is so I was wondering if you can redose, i've heard that it only prolongs the trip instead of intensifying it due to its nature to take a while to kick in sometimes, is this true? or can I succesfuly redose and attain stronger effects? Since there seem to be mixed opinions on how much to start with ( i've decided 1 tab will be my starting point), I was also wondering if guided meditation might be a good idea to attain a good mind set for the trip, as in begin the meditation while the tab is on my tongue and continue right into the peak even, if I can keep focused on it that long ( not that experienced yet ). Also if I were to split a tab in half and store the other half would it lose potency quicker?

Re-dosing LSD will have very diminished returns. Also LSD lasts 8-12 hours isn't that a long enough trip?

It is, but I mean to increase the intensity of the trip if i'm not satisfied with the initial dose

It will generally pro-long the trip as opposed to causing the intensity to become higher. Most psychedelics are like this re-dosing just pro-longs the trip.

The received view is to re-dose within one hour of the initial dose for best results. I've talked to other people who seem to be able to re-dose during or even after the peak and still get effects, but that is not the standard case. With LSD, in my experience, I know how hard I'm going to be tripping within an hour, an hour and fifteen minutes tops. If supply is a concern, I would not re-dose at all, chock it up to experience, and up the dose for next time. If supply isn't much of a concern, and if you have real LSD, see how you feel after an hour and then do what feels right at the time.

If you choose to re-dose, please be sure to take whatever steps necessary to ensure that you have LSD and not another psychedelic drug that is active in the microgram range. If anything other than LSD is what you're ingesting, then re-dosing could be very, very unsafe. Furthermore, some LSD-like drugs that fit on blotter paper take much longer than LSD to come on. Only re-dose after an hour if your level of certainty that you have LSD is enough for you to feel comfortable about. If your tabs taste strongly metallic with a kind of numbing effect on your mouth, then you likely do not have LSD. Do not, in that case, re dose at all.

Supply isn't an issue, but a convenient time to indulge is, I may play it safe the first time around and stick to one tab enless everything adds up to it being real LSD and i'm absolutely sure I could use a higher dose within the first hour, if I only realize later that I could have used a higher dose I geuss i'll just wait until the second time I indulge to up the dose

Also if your blotters are bitter you likely have 25I, if you do don't re-dose and I'd even consider spitting out the initial dose itself.

I will only be redosing if EVERYTHING adds up to it being LSD, no taste, correct time of onset etc

Supply isn't an issue, but a convenient time to indulge is, I may play it safe the first time around and stick to one tab enless everything adds up to it being real LSD and i'm absolutely sure I could use a higher dose within the first hour, if I only realize later that I could have used a higher dose I geuss i'll just wait until the second time I indulge to up the dose

Sounds like a good plan.

In terms of the trip do you think someone who has not used either LSD nor NBOME's would be able to tell the difference from simply having read enough about the 2?

I would not bet anything on being able to tell the difference for someone who hasn't taken either before. Best bet, especially since you already have two sessions planned, would be to plan on not redosing at all the first time and adjust appropriately the second trial depending on results of the first.

As for meditation, that is always a good idea.

I would not bet anything on being able to tell the difference for someone who hasn't taken either before. Best bet, especially since you already have two sessions planned, would be to plan on not redosing at all the first time and adjust appropriately the second trial depending on results of the first.

As for meditation, that is always a good idea.

I think that's what i'm going to end up doing :)

Are you new to psychedelics, or just new to lsd?

As a first trip one tab, even if fairly weak, will be plenty. It's a beautiful experience and I'm sure you'll love it.

I would say don't even leave the option of taking two open. That way you're just setting yourself up with the mindset of going into a "lesser" or "potentially lesser" experience. If you're unfamiliar with the psychedelic experience, even a light effect will likely be subjectively wondrous and magical.

Lower doses of lsd are fulfilling in and of themselves, anyways. They're not just a stepping stone to higher dosage journeys.

Trip safe, and have fun. :)

Check out my DXM guide to Superconsciousness where I share techniques on how to achieve Superconscious states from the third plateau that are much higher and more subtle than average plateaus of experience. A long overdue guide indeed

Are you new to psychedelics, or just new to lsd?

As a first trip one tab, even if fairly weak, will be plenty. It's a beautiful experience and I'm sure you'll love it.

I would say don't even leave the option of taking two open. That way you're just setting yourself up with the mindset of going into a "lesser" or "potentially lesser" experience. If you're unfamiliar with the psychedelic experience, even a light effect will likely be subjectively wondrous and magical.

Lower doses of lsd are fulfilling in and of themselves, anyways. They're not just a stepping stone to higher dosage journeys.

Trip safe, and have fun. :)

I have used psychs before but only 3 times or so, quite a while ago, with low doses and i've only experienced one "good" trip, than you :) i'll probably try and forget I have the other tabs

Check out my DXM guide to Superconsciousness where I share techniques on how to achieve Superconscious states from the third plateau that are much higher and more subtle than average plateaus of experience. A long overdue guide indeed

Will do

Could you simply swallow the tabs straightaway? Isn't nbome only active subluingal?

I could but I get anxious to the point of almost wanting to vomit when I indulge in just about anything so i'd really prefer not to have to wait for a longer onset, it is also not suggested that you rely on that alone to determine that its safe to swallow as many tabs as you desire

Redosing is a complete waste of time - you don't get any psychedelic effects it simply keeps you awake for another 4 or 5 hours.

I will only be redosing if EVERYTHING adds up to it being LSD, no taste, correct time of onset etc

Personally I wouldn't redose unless you've tested some blotter with an Ehrlich's reagent, if at all.

Could you simply swallow the tabs straightaway? Isn't nbome only active subluingal?

There seems to be conflicting evidence on this, I wouldn't put my faith in it.