• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

A DMT Question (on Seroquel XL only started 3 days ago. Little effect from DMT?

SmokingAces

Bluelighter
So I started the Seroquel 3 days ago, as in this will be the 3rd night I take my 50mg dose to stabilize my moods. Anyway this batch of DMT we blasted yesterday morning 2 of us and I broke through on about 50mg smoked on top of weed, tonight I did the same dose if not more, and all I saw was like layers of green beams and triangles when I shut my eyes, kind of like half a kaleidoscope of colours and that was as far as it went. However when I opened the bag of DMT it was in a ripped off carrier bag, seemed like it had gone from a fine orange colour powder to a very orange goo. So has the DMT gone off in some way? Or is it the Seroquel. I will be researching myself but just wanted peoples input.

DMT can be very different from experience to experience. Two breakthroughs can have almost nothing in common, that includes intensity. I've gotten varying intensities and visuals from the same dose of DMT. Sorry I can't be of more help.

I don't really have much experience with the XL version of seroquel but I would be surprised if it had much to do with it. Usually it takes a dose of 200 mg or more to block psychedelics. Even on that high of a dose, I would really doubt that DMT wouldn't do anything. DMT has been kind of the exception in my experience with APs, it seems to overcome the blocking effect moreso than other psychs. I don't know if that's because it is vaped or what though. As cryptic said, there are a lot variations with the DMT experience independent of dose. Sometimes it just hits you a lot harder than others and it kind of depends on your willingness to let go and things like that. I really doubt on that dose of seroquel that it would dull it out esp later in the day.

Thanks for the above response. It's good to know as DMT is one drug I would like to take again. The fact you can make it yourself so easily from videos on YouTube I extracted a gram or so before I think it's pretty damn cool.

50mg is a tiny dose, not useful for much other than insomnia. Your psychiatrist almost certainly intends to increase the dose if it is being used as a mood stabilizer. That said, where you are at, Seroquel is mostly an antihistamine (accounting for most of the sedation at this dosage level) and α1-adrenergic blocker, with little effect on serotonin; the effect goes up as the dose increases (so too dopamine, this is where use as an antipsychotic comes in, use as monotherapy for bipolar disorder is popular enough but has poorer evidence ...) Now, as far as DMT goes, unless you are reaching quite high doses, my guess is that you might have to increase the DMT dose, and possibly might feel some sort of subjective "blunting" of the effects, but you'd still get something. What you got on your most recent attempt may be just variance between drug experiences/doses or set/setting/placebo effect.