View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

A crazy idea I want to make real

Bobdylan64

Greenlighter
Sorry if this doesn't belong here or sounds crazy but please hear me out.
I have been tripping since freshman year of high school and now am in my softmore year of colledge and have not been impressed with anything i have drug wise. Since I was a kid I Allways saw psychedelics as something crazy, amazing and scary, like how in the movies people see dragons unicorns or a white rabbit and every time I tried a new drug I would hope all the hype would be true then it all ends up being a let down. I know I can never recreate the scene from tenacious d where jack black does shrooms and rides big foot but I wish I could and that what I'm setting out to do. Any way before I ramble on to much let me get started I have something I want to try but I don't know if it will work or if it's dangerous but I would like some feed back on this please.
(And if it's not in the right format or not allowed to post it here sorry this is my first time posting here)

Here's what I have in mind
2.5g weed
1 pinch Salvia
3.5g shrooms
2g iboga
12" p torch cactus skin
40g Banisteriopsis caapi root whole
12 grams of Mimosa hostilis root bark
10g Damiana leaves
10g kava kava root ground
10g blue lotus flowers
Half stick unsalted butter
1 cup honey
2 cup ground fresh ginger
2 stick cinnamon
1 cup mint
10 dry bay leaf

PROCESS
1) Grind the caapi and Mimosa into a powder
3) add to a large pot fill with 1.5 gal water
4) cut the cactus into small chunks and blend to a paste (you may have to add water and do this in portions)
5) cook on low heat for half an hour to an hour in this time the cactus pulp and juice will separate then turn to a green goo and will come back together
6) after the mixture turns to a goo bring to a boil. Keep it at a low boil till the water is down to a quart
7) strain the mixture through a cheese cloth or a tee shirt into a container
8) let the goo sit above the water container and drip till cool then squeeze any left over liquid out of it then throw away the pulp
9)put the remaining juice into a new pot and bring to an almost simmer
10)add the butter
11) while that's coming to temp grind the Salvia, shrooms, weed, kava, iboga, damiana, and lotus then add to the liquid
12) then add the cinnamon, mint, bay leafs and ginger
13)turn off the heat and steep this mixture for 20 min
14) strain the liquid agein through a cloth and ring it out to be sure you have all the liquid then discard the solids.
14) add the honey and mix it up now it's ready to drink.

Well there it is crazy I know but would it kill me would it put me over the edge?
I'm a 6ft heavyweight college wrestler that has done alot of psychedelics
But does this sound like to much at once are the proportions correct if I wanted to do something like this?
What do you guys think please let me know.

Sorry if this doesn't belong here or sounds crazy but please hear me out.
I have been tripping since freshman year of high school and now am in my softmore year of colledge and have not been impressed with anything i have drug wise. Since I was a kid I Allways saw psychedelics as something crazy, amazing and scary, like how in the movies people see dragons unicorns or a white rabbit and every time I tried a new drug I would hope all the hype would be true then it all ends up being a let down. I know I can never recreate the scene from tenacious d where jack black does shrooms and rides big foot but I wish I could and that what I'm setting out to do. Any way before I ramble on to much let me get started I have something I want to try but I don't know if it will work or if it's dangerous but I would like some feed back on this please.
(And if it's not in the right format or not allowed to post it here sorry this is my first time posting here)

Here's what I have in mind
2.5g weed
1 pinch Salvia
3.5g shrooms
2g iboga
12" p torch cactus skin

40g Banisteriopsis caapi root whole
12 grams of Mimosa hostilis root bark
10g Damiana leaves
10g kava kava root ground
10g blue lotus flowers
Half stick unsalted butter
1 cup honey
2 cup ground fresh ginger
2 stick cinnamon
1 cup mint
10 dry bay leaf

PROCESS
1) Grind the caapi and Mimosa into a powder
3) add to a large pot fill with 1.5 gal water
4) cut the cactus into small chunks and blend to a paste (you may have to add water and do this in portions)
5) cook on low heat for half an hour to an hour in this time the cactus pulp and juice will separate then turn to a green goo and will come back together
6) after the mixture turns to a goo bring to a boil. Keep it at a low boil till the water is down to a quart
7) strain the mixture through a cheese cloth or a tee shirt into a container
8) let the goo sit above the water container and drip till cool then squeeze any left over liquid out of it then throw away the pulp
9)put the remaining juice into a new pot and bring to an almost simmer
10)add the butter
11) while that's coming to temp grind the Salvia, shrooms, weed, kava, iboga, damiana, and lotus then add to the liquid
12) then add the cinnamon, mint, bay leafs and ginger
13)turn off the heat and steep this mixture for 20 min
14) strain the liquid agein through a cloth and ring it out to be sure you have all the liquid then discard the solids.
14) add the honey and mix it up now it's ready to drink.

Well there it is crazy I know but would it kill me would it put me over the edge?
I'm a 6ft heavyweight college wrestler that has done alot of psychedelics
But does this sound like to much at once are the proportions correct if I wanted to do something like this?

Even for an experienced psychedelic drug user, this combo does not really make sense in some aspects.

The compounds in green color could cause an unpredictable psychological note (2.5g weed is a very high dose when eaten, plus the iboga is a dissociative with STRONG trance inducing qualities, the cactus is just another 5ht2a-agonist, does not make much sense in addition to the shrooms, and then the mimosa with DMT. Why do you want to consume 4-Ho-DMT, DMT and Mescaline at the same time ? It is overkill for imho.). So the compounds in green will fuck u up mentally in combination.

The compounds in bold are MAOIs. They will accelarate/increase the effects of EVERY substance in that schmocktail by a multitude. Do you have experience with those compunds ? I reckon also your dosages are totally nuts. But I'm not sure. They are only used in addition to oral DMT. With that compound they make sense in combo, because it has a really low bioavailability when ingested. They do not make sense in combo with everything else (IMHO).

The compounds in red color can cause physical complications in arbitrary combinations (liver failure?).

What is the purpose of that drug cocktail ? Suicide ? Serious question. You may be a VERY experienced psychedelic head, that tried all sorts of combos. But even then, this ultra-combo does not make sense to me.

I would exclude every of the colored and bold substances and maybe choose one of the four green ones, but adjust the dosages (2.5g weed is too much).

Last edited:
No combo is going to bring you the experience you wish for. Accept that or endanger yourself. I would of course hope you'd choose the former. What you've listed is a death wish metaphorically and quite possible physically. If you're not satisfied by a higher dose of LSD, mushrooms, DMT, or salvia individually you're not going to find anything supremely different nor stimulating as you expect. At this point in my timeline with psychedelics I can take relatively small doses and have a full blown experience. The way forward is not to increase your dosage, but to learn how to use your mind to do so.

I know I can never recreate the scene from tenacious d where jack black does shrooms and rides big foot but I wish I could and that what I'm setting out to do.

1. You already said it all in the beginning. You wish you could, you know you can't, but you wanna try anyways. Movies are movies for a reason. They're fiction. Even the non-fiction movies have fiction in them. You would have better luck recreating that Jack Black scene with mushrooms alone (good stuff- pan cyans, p. azurescens, etc.) with the proper music, headphones, eyes closed, and setting.

2. You're getting waaaay too technical with even waaaaaaaay too much more bullshit ingredients.

3. I see DMT mentioned NOwhere in your post. Have you tried this? give that a go before you try cooking a bunch of psychedelics with a bunch of shit on your spice rack.

I've done all the classic psychedelics in various doses and the deepest i've ever gotten is with a low dose of high grade mushrooms. 1.5g pan cyans was crazier than any DMT trip because of the sheer duration AND intensity. It took me years to realize I experienced a rebirth at the time while curled up in a big comforter listening to pink floyd squirming around on the floor. Breakthrough DMT doses have topped this in overall INTENSITY but not overall in the experience as a whole. Riding a dragon through a tunnel of shiny stars looks fun in the movies but that's not what you should really be looking for in psychedelics.

Yeah, I'm sorry to have to agree with everyone here Bobdylan64, but I would say that this plan has basically no chance of working and could possibly be quite dangerous with some of the substances you've listed. Even ignoring those dangers which others have touched upon, the kinds of effects you speak of wanting are simply just not the kinds of effects these drugs usually have, and taking them all at once won't change that. Even when you do take enough to get to some kind of fantasy land, it tends to be far more abstract and personally-oriented than any of that stuff like dragons and unicorns that you see in the movies. Even when you do trip hard enough to see hallucinations fully integrated into your reality, they tend to be things more like spiders and lizards, things you would actually see in reality as opposed to some totally fantastical nonsense.

My honest advice is that you totally abandon this plan, learn to just accept the drugs for what they are, and instead start looking into lucid dreaming. I could actually totally see those kinds of experiences happening in a lucid dream, and I've had some like them before. Plus, if you get into that you can start training yourself to get more easily into dream-like states through meditation too, and that will definitely help you get more out of your psychedelics as well, like twang was saying with mushrooms and closed eyes in a proper setting. Those kind of trips I think would be the closest I've ever gotten to what you're describing, though it's still not at that immersive level of intensity like you see in movies, but it is what it is. I still love those kinds of trips, and I just use my lucid dreams for more fiction-oriented stuff instead.

Well, that's quite a grocery list, maybe it'll work, but probably not going to get you what you're looking for.

Why not just get some n,n.-DMT fumarate and IM 300-500 mg? That'll almost surely get you your Unicorns or some such beasts.
Some of my wildest trips, CEV's only, have been with an IM shot (100-200 mgs) "Ketanest S" injectable Ketamine.
For me it rivals IM DMT at about half the mg's and lasts about as long, 1-2 hours, but as I said the visuals are CEV only unless you're in a dark room.

Noribogaine (Ibogaine metabolite) is classified in wikipedia as a potent serotonin reuptake inhibitor. combining this with an MAO inhibitor can be fatal. if you want to experiment, be at least willing to gather the minimum of knowledge necessary to be safe.

Since I was a kid I Allways saw psychedelics as something crazy, amazing and scary, like how in the movies people see dragons unicorns or a white rabbit and every time I tried a new drug I would hope all the hype would be true then it all ends up being a let down.

You're, what, 20 years old? Be prepared for that 'childhood fantasy - disappointing adult reality' thing to happen for a whole lotta things besides drugs. The trouble with the things we imagine as children is that we have no frame of reference for them and lack the experience to differentiate fictional depictions from an oftentimes more prosaic reality (not that I'm calling psychedelics prosaic)

Your plan is nonsensical and potentially very dangerous. It's really not worth it for the dubious title of 'craziest trip ever man!'. Research some safer ways of expanding your consciousness.

It's a bad idea to jump into such a combo. There would be so much interaction that it becomes way too unpredictable and not in a good way.

It can be reasonable to combine say 2 or 3 psychedelics, especially if you want to combine different complementary drugs like a psychedelic with a dissociative it makes sense (although can quickly become so intense it's really not alright anymore.) But mixing several psychedelics doesn't necessarily give you any advantage so the unpredictability is extremely unworthwhile.

When combining psychedelics to begin with, you should have experience with the drugs on their own and then make reasonable steps like combining 2 together, not going from 1 to 3 or more... Otherwise you cannot learn and keep track of what does what, so it would be like taking random dosages which is an equally bad plan.

It's a classic beginner mistake, particularly with enthousiasm or inspired by movies / culture and having positive experiences with reasonable psychedelics use... it is not 'the more the better', and despite the 'crazy adventure' appeal there is actually a lot to lose here, not only everything to gain.

It would be enough of an endeavor if you want to try combinations of full strength trips of combinations of 2 of such drugs you list. Like mescaline + oral DMT one time. Shrooms + MAOI another time.

But it doesn't sound like you have even tried half those drugs to begin with... you are 'not impressed' with anything you have drug-wise? That really doesn't sound like you have experience with say iboga or salvia on their own, otherwise I'd say it is a lot less likely that you would wonder whether a combo like that is too much.

Yes it's way way way too much, and as is already said some of the things listed in the OP interact in particular. For example the MAOIs really put a limit on what you should take with it for general safety reasons.

Recommending IMing things sounds pretty dodgy ^ and not that HR... but yes I second the general sentiment that some of the powerful ones on their own like Salvia, DMT, dissociatives etc can produce visionary experiences on their own that should really shock your world for a while to come.

Just smoke a good dose of DMT. If that does not blow your mind nothing will.

aside from too much medicine, and not combining well, I totally agree that your intent is whacked:
well at least you know that you aspire to live out a scene from a movie you saw when much younger.
many people live their lives this way, and if not a movie hero sequence, then maybe memories of a character from a legend or a novel drives a person's story.

even if you got your heart's desire and you got that mythical ride for which you yearn. Then what?
you have still missed the greatest opportunity several times over.
Psychedelics best gift is to open you up to what is really happening all around and inside you in a very wonderful and intense way.

sure dreams are part of that, but let them be one of your assets, and let your spirit soar and your senses and thoughts shine.

In my opinion the best way to have a really intense, worthwhile trip is to just take a really high dose of one compound (make sure you're being safe tho)...some combos are cool sometimes (one I wanna do in a few months is 2C-B + 4-AcO-DMT) but once ya get past two psychedelics that shit gets way too confusing/"messy" to really be worth it...as well you shouldn't go into trips seeking the impossible/nonsensical, that's really not what psychedelics are about (although dissociatives can deliver plenty of that on their own too or combined with a psych)

Hmm yeah for example half the time (well not exactly half, idk precisely), something like 2C-B with a 4-x- tryptamine combines nicely but the other half of the time it can be unpleasant like 2 people trying to tell a story at the same time.

Not to mention that some kinds of combinations are just redundant, because they don't each contribute something different enough.

So often there is not a point. Which makes the downsides and risks even less worth it.

Since like several people said, you can achieve trips every bit as immersive and mindblowing as you may dream of with a good dose of just one of the really powerful drugs like DMT - we'll have to see if it turns out you actually want that kind of intensity.

Going on a 'fear & loathing' type psychedelic bender can be something people are looking for, but you must only involve drugs that you have both extensive experience with and understand how they work and how they work together at a decent level.. otherwise if you are 3 drugs in and can't think so clearly anymore and want to dose a 4th drug and it's not safe, it could potentially really screw you.

Not a good HR post but I think what he really wants is a deliriant experience. Be careful what you wish for, most trip reports Ive read are rather negative.

Agree with the above obviously. Get to know the substances first. On Friday night I combined 15mg of 2C-B plugged with a 10mg of metocin (4-ho-met). The reason I felt comfortable doing this was because I know both substances well: 2C-B inspires multi colour visuals and metocin plays with light. The result was a soothing ride in a psychedelic wonderland without a unicorn in sight.
To give a bit more edge I vape some weed just after the Peak and enjoyed further visual effects.
The icing on the cake was provided with 50mg of ketamine, followed by another 50mg once I had established the level reached after the first dose.
I was rewarded with stunning OEVS, but at no point did I feel uncomfortable or that I was pushing it too far. I know my limits on all the substances I took and was able to use my knowledge of the effects to produce a wonderful ride. After the second dose of ketamine I think I could easily have drifted off to some higher plain where unicorns may exist, but unfortunately I was exhausted by that point.
The upshot is, get to know the substances intimately, learn your dose range and then try some combinations. You will end up being pleasantly surprised if you go into a trip knowing that you are taking a safe combination and have a marvellous ride as I did on Friday. Chucking everything into one big pot is a recipe for disaster.

I hope OP was either a troll or didn't go along with it and didn't bother to reply anymore (allthough I really cannot stand when people do that).

My god, this sounds like major over kill. Taking 'drinking the kool-aid' to another level, aye?
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you're not a Chem major? (Not that I'm claiming to be one myself)
I just think in this case it's a matter of common sense, if you have to ask yourself, or the web in this case "is this going to kill me?" Maaaaaaaybe just don't do it?