• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines A couple quick DMT questions

Hey Gaian, thanks for the links in PM. I tried the Lazyman's over the weekend and am not sure I'm doing it quite right....

Each pull produces enough goo for like 2-3 hits, no more. There seems to be less DMT in subsequent pulls.

I've resaturated the bark with the NaOH water twice, mashing occasionally. This third time, I'm gonna let it soak for a day or two, at least.

I filled two mason jars about half full or partially extracted basified bark solution, and have let them sit, shaking each once a day. Will this help? This first batch was 250 mg MHRB.

Second batch I started last night, ~400mg powdered bark in NaOH water. Sit an hour, mashing occasionally, then adding the naphtha directly to this and letting sit another hour, mashing occasionally. I have not attempted a pull from this batch, yet.

Any thoughts? the Little (Maybe 100 mg of goo I have manages to extract so far has been of incredible quality and potency. I just want more of it! :)

250mg MHRB? Is that a typo? You should be doing extractions with a LOT more than that. 100 GRAMS a least I'd say.

Are you basifying the sludge bark enough? You got to really dump that NaOH in there for it to strip the DMT out of the bark. Like a couple full spoonfuls usually does it.

How shredded is your bark? Ideally you get the bark into a fine powder. This will allow more DMT to be stripped (although iirc lazyman's you don't powder the bark but just let the super-base water do its work and break down the bark - not sure how much I trust that for high yields).

250mg MHRB? Is that a typo? You should be doing extractions with a LOT more than that. 100 GRAMS a least I'd say.

The less bark you work with the "whiter" the spice that you pull will be... you also want to be sure to use as little naptha as possible too, this way it only will pull DMT and not pull excess fats and nasties up with it. Ive found that matching the NaOH weight to the weight of the bark that you are using is a good way to make sure you have basified enough. And yesss, make sure to grind up the bark into a powder or at least very small pieces. I would let the NaOH and bark mixture sit overnight to settle and then add in the naptha in the morning to be safe. When the water and NaOH meet they create a reaction that produces heat and one should always let that cool down before adding naptha. <3 Good luck!

Yes. Typo/ should have been "250 grams." Been dealing w/ RCs an milligrams too much, lol. :)

Are you basifying the sludge bark enough? You got to really dump that NaOH in there for it to strip the DMT out of the bark. Like a couple full spoonfuls usually does it.

I found an old thread of yours yesterday emphasizing this, and I'm basifying the FUCK out of that soup! Someone recommended 1g/NaOH per gram of MHRB, and that's about what I've been doing. The pH of that shit is through the roof, I'm sure!

How shredded is your bark? Ideally you get the bark into a fine powder. This will allow more DMT to be stripped (although iirc lazyman's you don't powder the bark but just let the super-base water do its work and break down the bark - not sure how much I trust that for high yields).

First batch - cut into small pieces. Second and third batches - powderized.

New question: I stupidly put the remaining from the soup from the first batch after a couple pulls into a Teflon-coated pot. Needless to say, this was not good for the Teflon, but none seems to have dissolved of escaped into the soup. I s this safe to use?

Deleted <3Thanks, guys! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
hey maybe want to be less specific with mentioning times you're doing this...just a thought...

excited for you man! its a glorious world :D

I'm not sure about your teflon batch...perhaps you could just set it aside for oral use though?

Maybe i under-basified it. Dunno tho - I must've put about 200 grams of hydroxide in for 200-300g of bark.

One tip for when you take the DMT - don't just throw the freebase dmt down. Mix it in in coca-cola (about a pint for 100g) it forms the DMT phosphate which is a lot less nauseating than straight freebase. You might still throw your guts up tho.

A pint with 100 grams???
Or a pint for 100 miligrams?

Do you have any sources for this info?

A pint with 100 grams???
Or a pint for 100 miligrams?

Do you have any sources for this info?

No - you definately need 100 GRAMS =D

Marsofold told me it once and I've found it through personal experimentation.

LOL, now I really don't know whats going on in this thread. Are we all good? Are our "extractions" going well? Any problems?

Ismene is talking about something completely different from extraction (afaik). He's talking about converting DMT freebase into phosphate for oral consumption so there are less body loads.

Spot on Gaian - did someone think I was talking about extracting from bark with a pint of coca-cola?

That's for advanced extractors only :D

lol.

Thanks, everyone. Ya'll have been a big help. Removed

Gonna try the recrystallization cleanup, cuz I heard that I can get a slight black reside in my pipe.

GP: I was referring to your suggestion about using the possibly-Teflon-tainted soup for oral, in my response in Post #28.

Last edited by a moderator:
So if you added 100 grams of dmt to a pint of coke then how much would each dose be? Would it be less than a shot.

^ no. You're misunderstanding. You wouldn't put all that DMT at once. You would ruin your shit as DMT is not very stable in solution.

You put whatever amount you need to trip on (Ismene apparently trips on a shitload of DMT at once if he's citing 100mg). Most people would probably want to start with like 45-50mg of DMT for an oral trip.

What kind of trip would 50 milligrams of oral produce? Similar effects to smoked except lasting longer or less intense and lasting longer?

less intense and longer lasting...

Though the dose for oral dmt varies a lot from person to person, it might take a couple tries to find your good dose

So if you added 100 grams of dmt to a pint of coke then how much would each dose be? Would it be less than a shot.

No, it wasn't 100 grams ABDF, that was a joke - i meant 100mg.

You take the dose of DMT freebase that you want to take and instead of just swallowing it as the freebase, you dump it into coca-cola and stir it. The phosphoric acid converts the DMT freebase to DMT phosphate which is less nauseating.

Marsofold once calculated you need about a pint of coca-cola to convert 100mg of freebase to the phosphate.

Ismene apparently trips on a shitload of DMT at once if he's citing 100mg

Do you think so Gaian? I'd put that as a fairly low to average dose for oral DMT. I know it's more than the DMT content of traditional ayahuasca brews but for anyone used to tripping it wouldn't be that overwhelming.

If you can successfully smoke all 50mgs there is no reason that that would not produce a break through experience. In my experience you dont USUALLY end up smoking everything that you put into the pipe... given that fact, I usually suggest people pack a 100mg bowl and smoke until you cant smoke any more ;) It usually takes me 2-3 big milky hits to break through (but I am very skilled at smoking the deems these days, practice makes perfect <3).

Ive never tried Oral or Insuflated DMT as of yet so I can not personally comment on dosages but Erowid is an excellent resource for dosages, and Im sure that some fellow swirly will let you know how strong an oral 50mg dose would be.

oh erin you should try oral DMT. I think everybody who loves tripping should have at least one oral DMT trip. Its no coincidence that the most profound trips of people's lives are usually oral DMT trip.

well ismene, thats interesting. I got blown away with around 2/3 that dose orally. Fully incapacitated, out of this world. But, then again, I've been known to break through fully smoking it with only 40-45mg so my brain might just be weird with DMT! :D

Well I am used to tripping but I just want to start at a fairly low dose just to be on the safe side. Psychedelics tend to hit me a lot harder than my friends for some reason.