• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants A Couple Question On Military Drug Test/Ritalin Concerta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigfeely123

Bluelighter
Hello. I am making this thread for someone that I know who is in the military.

Background: On Sunday night at around 10PM they took one 54mg Ritalin Concerta pill. On Tuesday morning at around 10AM they were scheduled to take a pee test. Before the pee test they drank a lot of water, drank 2 monster energy drinks (the green/original one), and a few shots of vinegar. Right before the pee test they peed approximately 4 or 5 times. They were peeing clear before the pee test. When it was time for them to give a urine sample they peed in the toilet for a couple seconds and mid stream they began to pee in the cup. At this point their pee was still clear.

Questions:
-What would Ritalin Concerta show up as on a urine analysis test?
-Would the urine be diluted to the point were finding Ritalin in the system would be impossible?
-Did enough time pass for the Ritalin to be completely out of their system?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
Sorry man, we don't give out information that helps people break the law. Bluelight is more for reducing the immediate harm to the user by helping people who have decided to take drugs do so in the most safe manner possible, hence "harm reduction". Please read the rules before posting. Most people will also probably think the person you're describing is yourself. This thread is going to get closed. Just giving you a head's up.

Ritalin shouldn't show up as anything other than Ritalin (which they don't usually test for, atleast not with the common 5-panel-tests) as it's not an amphetamine. It also has a really short half-life, although taking a maximum-strength Concerta (i.e. an extended release version) 36 hours before your test wasn't exactly perfect timing, so whether the drug would be detectable depends on the sensitivity of the test.

Hello there. How am I asking anyone to help break laws? It is already said and done. I am asking a few simple questions as to wether it would show up, etc. I think you are reading into this way too much. I am not asking something like, "I know someone who is planning on taking (insert drug here). What are some over-the-counter medication that will give false positives on a drug test so they have an excuse if they test positive?" OR "Can they use fake urine to pass a drug test?" This thread has no reason to be closed. And I can assure your the person who I am talking about is not me. I made this thread for an old friend of mine. Take care.

I have a friend who is in the military as well and knows how their piss screening process works just a little bit. This friend has to randomly piss in a cup with a supervisor watching, it is randomly done, etc. etc...

Here is the thing about military drug testing: it is not a 5-panel drug test. The military, and the navy specifically have a more sophisticated and smartly put together drug testing system than many other employers, and the randomized nature if their drug testing is one main reason why my friend wants out.

However, they do not test for methylphenidate, which is the generic name for the substance sold under the brand names Ritalin and Concerta.

You will be fine.

Stay away from all other amphetamines though(adderall, Dexedrine, methamphetamine, MDMA) because all these other ones are tested for by the DoD.

Stick with Ritalin if you're going to use Stims in the military(and of course the classic caffeine in 'rip its' and 'monsters' and of course the nicotine, which, in my friends experience, is a ubiquitously used substance in the military lol.

^^the OP is not from the U.S. So though you provide interesting information it may not apply to him.

Regardless, most places don't check for every possible pharmaceutical substance, as evidenced by my negative parole urines for the year I was doing fentanyl patches

Still, I never understood, if it's not a drug where you have a physical dependency, why risk it by taking something when you *know* you have an upcoming test. I mean, really, wait a couple days. Drugs aren't going anywhere...

Hello there. How am I asking anyone to help break laws? It is already said and done. I am asking a few simple questions as to wether it would show up, etc. I think you are reading into this way too much. I am not asking something like, "I know someone who is planning on taking (insert drug here). What are some over-the-counter medication that will give false positives on a drug test so they have an excuse if they test positive?" OR "Can they use fake urine to pass a drug test?" This thread has no reason to be closed. And I can assure your the person who I am talking about is not me. I made this thread for an old friend of mine. Take care.

It doesn't matter what you have to say. There's zero drug testing questions allowed on BL, period. I'm sure it's an old friend of yours. Take care.

kangaroo: Thank you very much for the reply. I was aware that amphetamines such as Adderall would but was unsure if Ritalin would because if I remember reading correctly, Ritalin is not the exact same thing as amphetamines. Your reply is greatly appreciated. Take care.

crzydiamond: Thanks for the reply. I cannot answer that question but I do know that the tests that this person was required to take was not known in advance. They are totally random drug tests. It was a one time thing, this person has never taken Ritalin ever before in their lifetime.

Dutchbloke: That is good to know. Thanks.

pinpoint: Please link me the rules. I looked high and low and I still could not find them... Believe whatever you wish. I am not talking about myself. Have a good day.

pinpoint: Please link me the rules. I looked high and low and I still could not find them... Believe whatever you wish. I am not talking about myself. Have a good day.

Rule #1 from OD Guidelines:

1) NO DRUG TESTING QUESTIONS
We do not allow threads asking how to beat a drug test, how drug tests work, what they can detect, etc. We do not allow threads asking how long a given drug stays in your system, because that information can easily be found here and elsewhere with a simple google search. If you see a drug testing question posted, please use the report feature and do not answer it.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/558663-Other-Drugs-Forum-Guidelines

Personally I don't care, but the way you argued with a moderator in this thread made me want to speak up. Have a good day.

they test for damn near everything these days so you are likely fucked. No Drug testing questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.