• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

A cool way to reduce weed consumption

pokerboy

Greenlighter
Or any other substance in fact.

I had been looking for a kind of safe that locks with a timer so I could limit my weed smoking to evenings, since I can't control my urges to smoke if I have weed at home. Finally I found one in development, pre-ordered it and recerived it a few months ago.

Well it was quite a success. The way it works is:

- put drugs in safe
- set timer to X hours/days/weeks
- close safe. Timer starts and safe will only open after time has expired.

That's obviously not what the product is intended for but it works :) Very efficient to control urges and I was much more able to control my weed intake. I consider it a pretty good investment (it costs around $50).

(I don't want to advertise a particular product as I don't know if it's allowed. I'll give the name of the product if that's ok. I am not affiliated with it)

Very nice! But if I would use it, it wouldn't work for me; when the time was up and the safe unlocked I'd take all my weed out.

But in theory I do like the idea of limited dosing if that is one's inclination.

Tom

Lots of people have tried this. For some it works, and others it doesn't. Really depends on the drug as well. I think with weed it would be easier to pull off than other more addictive drugs (not to say weed isn't addictive). I've heard of people breaking their safe, stealing back the key, taking out more than they should for one day, etc. just to get around it though. Could work out though, you never know. It's worth a shot if you don't mind wasting some cash on it.

lol ya depending on the drug it may or may not work for me.

there is always more than one way to open a safe.

Salutations PokerBoy,

...can't control my urges... Well it was quite a success.

M'well, if that works. Though i think it's in your mind there actually needs to be a lock as i doubt added frustration can really help with it over the long run... Anyway lets hope this will allow you to acquire proper skills.

;)

How about less roller-coaster rides, tiny bowls, 1 shots, etc., whatever?

And maybe also more ritual and taste...

=D

Yeah I Think I would Go Crazy Waiting for it to open Instead Of it Magically Fixing My Overconsumption Of Cannabis Buds.

Yeah, I no longer smoke but if I put my bupe in there... The explosives would be coming out after about a day.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Just to give a bit of context, it worked for me because when I have weed around, I feel like smoking whenever I'm bored, which is a disaster for my productivity (I work from home). Having my stash safely locked away means I am able to resist the initial impulse driven by boredom.

I'm not saying this would work for even a moderate addict, as the product I'm using could be easily opened with any sort of tool or smashed with a hammer (it's a plastic safe,, not metallic). However, it worked from my perspective of a daily user who needs to control his use to the evenings.

Of course the challenge is to put the weed back in the safe on that same night, which is very easy to forget when stoned :)

exactly mabzie, if i was still on opies i would be breaking out my tools as soon as the door locked. like "fuck this silly bs i want my drugs"

ime being broke as fuck because of a drug problem is the best way to reduce consumption. granted you are still clinging on to enough self-control to buy food and pay rent/utilities before you buy drugs. lol.

pokerboy, I could see this being a good idea if I had my use down to a very low use. being a musician and a stoner it's easy to let myself smoke more than I intend or than what would be beneficial if I have a lot around. I kind of do a similar set up but just without the safe- I keep most of it stashed away in an inconvenient location and only what I intend to smoke for the day with me. Problem is when I got to get the next days I always take more out to smoke right then.

Last edited:
Could anyone please PM me with the name of these devices? I have tried Google, but cant find the right words to search for in order to find these products.
I sometime find myself redosing benzos, only to fall a sleep before that particular dose starts to kick in and I think this could be an easy solution to that problem.