• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

A complex case? Cocaine user starting Ritalin, how much should I take for ADD?

cacachanel

Greenlighter
I've been "self-medicating" with cocaine to help with my ADD (that's what I was telling myself, at least) for the past two months. The average was two days/week, and that was pretty irregular. I used 1g of probably bad quality yesterday and 2g of what I guess very shitty quality the day before. It was not mixed with speed, about that I'm 100% sure, nor with any other stimulants. About half of this amount yesterday was taken orally.
I'm starting Ritalin today and I guess I have a pronounced tolerance to its effects considering my past cocaine use. So, what's the minimum dosage you would recommend me to take (IR) to feel effects for ADD (not getting high)? I'm planning to taper this dosage over the days as my tolerance will probably decrease as I stop using coke.
I also take Wellbutrin SR bid (started for about a week, I'm tapering my Pristiq 100 mg too (which I used for 1 year), I'm at 25 mg rn and will stop in two days.
I (think) am not addicted to coke because I never felt cravings, although I would always buy when I had the opportunity, when I couldn't I didn't feel any cravings, even though my dosage was pretty high especially last month (there was a week I used it 5 days in a row).

Last edited:
Took 30 mg, feeling agitated. Maybe it's too much (and I didn't take Wellbutrin yet).

Now I took my Wellbutrin. Ritalin hit me harder than I thought, and I'm also a benzo user (but this wasn't my normal time to take my Klonopin yet). Anyway, took 1 mg Klonopin earlier because I'm afraid to have a seizure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah definitly be careful of those seizures, i?m sure you know about benzo withdrawal seizures and wellbutrin also lowers the seizure threshold. Adding stimulants on top of those two seizure factors definitely doesn?t help either, just be sure to take your klonopin on time so you can mitigate the seizure risk.

If you went almost straight to 1-2 grams a day of coke then i have to assume your stuff is of pretty poor quality which means your tolerance might not be as high as you think. You said 30mg hit you pretty hard, next time just take 10mg if your motive is to manage adhd.

If you can afford it or your insurance will cover it id suggest you try concerta, it?s an extended release formula of methylphenidate (ritalin) and will be smoother on the come up and come down.

Wait, OP, why are you afraid you are going to have a seizure? That's very important for us to know. If you're epileptic or in Benzodiazepine withdrawal, that is a major factor in determining the best way to proceed with your ADD medication. Cocaine is absolutely not an ADD medication. It might work for about a week or two, but there is rarely a person who can just use Cocaine 5 days at a time without developing a severe addiction (or already having one). Get back to us about the seizures please!