• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Welcome A Compendium of Alternatives to Amazon

Most generic things sold on Amazon for ~$20-30 or less are just dropshipped products being resold for 4x as much as they cost on Aliexpress.

I once tried to order a fake Christmas tree for this orphange I had when I was back in projects, stil am but a different city and I've gave up after I got some infos on what is nowadays, their app that my card payment couldn't be verified, so i called their center to find out here you cannot call but email similar system to what is, PC GARAGE.

and therefore I was through, like feet down - then went to random market in my area bought one and what's more beautiful than you delivering the gift where you wanted in first place. We, means I and the teacher were happy the guard too, isn't exactly as hollywood depicts orphanges to be, just people without parents after all no one has parents only yourself and i've went outside bought KFC/pizza for everyone, no mc donald that's not healthy and is bad image too. You come to a certain place, nosene. I've came in shorts and it was winter but hey, close to my home and car.

Most generic things sold on Amazon for ~$20-30 or less are just dropshipped products being resold for 4x as much as they cost on Aliexpress.

Dude, thank you so much for posting that I'm gonna start shopping here on the regular. Everything is so much cheaper, yes you have to wait longer because it comes from China but so what. I saw a bunch of Tshirts I want for still less then half what they are on Amazon/eBay with the shipping added on. Fuck dude I might become a clothing vendor myself dude's are making a killing!!!

Dude, thank you so much for posting that I'm gonna start shopping here on the regular. Everything is so much cheaper, yes you have to wait longer because it comes from China but so what. I saw a bunch of Tshirts I want for still less then half what they are on Amazon/eBay with the shipping added on. Fuck dude I might become a clothing vendor myself dude's are making a killing!!!
I’ve gotten fucked over with pricey items from there recently. I wouldn’t spend more than $30 on anything from them, but for cheap stuff they are a godsend. Clothing especially, since it’s hard to fuck up a t-shirt.

Also a lot of people do make excellent livings by dropshipping (selling stuff from Aliexpress on Amazon or Ebay, then having the Aliexpress shop ship the item to the Amazon/Ebay customer).

AliExpress can be good if you know what you are buying and can wait for it, and can suss out the scam sellers.

Definitely do your homework before puling the trigger there.

That being said I've sourced a lot of electronic components and scientific project components there with varying levels of success. Think the real early days of eBay in terms of risk and possible savings.

I got scammed a lot in the earlier days (2000-07) by direct buying from Chinese sellers, so probably wouldn't tread that territory again. Good to know it's presumably becoming less scammy these days tho.