• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids A break from suboxone.

DonStatus

Bluelighter
Hello everyone,

So this weekend a friend of mine gave me some hydromorph-contins 12mg.
My last suboxone dose was yesterday at 5am of 2mg.
I haven`t taken any sub today and have been taking some hydromorph and feeling it pretty decently
My question is

1) Can I continue taking my suboxone as normal tomorrow morning without having any PW?

Thank you guys I really need help with this one.

You should be fine due to hydromorphones short half life.

24 hours tends to be the recommended minimum between your last opiate use and bupe doseage.

Alot of people find 12 hours is ejough

Typically the rule of thumb is 24 hours, some people can manage less some people need more. This is why I don't take breaks, couple years ago I did, and I went straight into PWs even after 24 hours. It was so God awful I immediately started shooting dope until I broke through to the other side, I played that game for about a week until I said fuck it and nose-dived right back into the worst of my addiction. It took my family randomly dropping by my apt to surprise me for my birthday (I lived 5 hours away, never thought they would do that). And when they walked in I was on the couch strung out with needles and empty bags on the coffee table. So... ya... I don't do that anymore. And apparently for me it takes over 48 hours to not get PWs. So it really depends on the person.

Thanks guys I feel better about it now. I really wish I didn't take this break but I guess curiosity killed the cat on this one.

I will return to my subs tomorrow morning and keep on rightous path

I broke down and took a 2mg when I started to feel a bit of withdrawal but it went away and I'm feeling 100% now I guess when your on maintenance it's ok to wait only 2-3 hours