• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

a bluelight decade: global meetup, june 2009 (We're SERIOUS!.. but how about a date?)

Where should the Bluelight 10-Year Meetup be held?

• Hamsterdamnation

Votes: 208 52.1%
  • London

Votes: 55 13.8%
  • Ibiza

Votes: 41 10.3%
  • Prague

Votes: 14 3.5%
  • Budapest

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • India

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • Thailand

Votes: 25 6.3%
  • Mexico

Votes: 38 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
glowbug said:
I know we'd see it anyway, but why not make it SF LP (assuming they're still sponsoring it) and kill two birds with one stone? Then we'd get to see GL in all his glorious element.

He will never be attending another BL-sponsored event again. I will be attending SS solo should I have the money, which looks likely unless they sack me at my 90-day review. ;)

The board really is dead to him. There are a few BLers who he is friends with and a few more he may want to meet, but he wants nothing to do with the board... doesn't even lurk. And we are all probably better off for that. :\

If anyone wants his e-mail address to keep in touch with him, though, I will give it out thru PM with his permission.

And 'Dam FTW.

Any decision for how long this event may be? Need to know how much to save...

L2R, where do you think it should be? :)

is this site reliable?

i wish i hadn't quit bloolight right when all the drama happened ... so many ex-bluelighters (like GL) that i don't know the story behind ... i've gone through some old *bitch/whine* threads and seen the skydancer debacle and also gotten a rough idea by checking the last few posts of some other ex-bler's that i was interested in ... but would love if there was some sort of database with all the required reading needed to fill me in on the gossip! i'm so outta date!

i'd say 7 days would be enough ... although people who start new jobs that year may only come for a weekend ...

I'll be there, for sure. I voted for London, but I think Amsterdam would be great too.

DarthMom said:
i love your last thought, while we may seem (and be) a bunch of hedonistic fools, another common element i have noticed here is an extreme predilection for interesting thoughts and minds. i think that is a great idea....not sure what you are thinking, but sounds good so far anyway.
well, while drug use bonds most of us, discussion bonds us all. i had in mind some 'live' discussions of a semi-formal nature. they could be panel-based, q&a, or even just somewhat structured brainstorming sessions on any number of topics.

if we don't manage that, at least some time scheduled where (almost) everybody could get together in a location where we can all hear ourselves think and get a chance to mingle :)

i'd hate to travel 6000 miles and miss some quality time to chat with somebody i want to meet.

nametag.jpg

:)

alasdair

Diego Blunt said:
fair go man, not trying to have a whinge as i appreciate the effort, but this poll is not crash hot ... was there some sort of space constraint i wasn't aware of ???
there is no african destination, no real south american destination, nothing in the middle-east, nothing in Oceania or North America ... you have 8 options, yet manage to encompass about 0.00001% of the world ...
how can australia be ruled out because of expenses, yet london gets a spot ???
no 'other' selection ?
i guess we can let these errors slide because you are a rookie mod ;) and also because amsterdam is clearly the go! :)

---------

edit: OMG!!! no antarctica either!
actually, ignore this post, the poll is fine ...
as long as everyone votes for Amsterdam!
Because Australia is in the middle of no where.

London is less the two hours from continetal europe even by train.

Middle east, yeah fucking nice one. Lets all get strung up by our knecks.

Africa again if you can sugest a "safe" happening part of africa which is accesible easy to get to then name it.

North america is too fucked up to hold a deccent bl meetup.

Only real choice is a'dam.

i'm a woman!

L2R said:
i'll spiffy over your pole, let me tell ya!

while pekkie makes some solids arguments for london, i'm immediately suspect of his motives since he lives there, ya cheap bastard ya!

vote the dam
I'm a woman!!!!! :D

I'm also moving back to Australia for a little while in March. I thought London would be a good option, as there are loads of direct flights going there, but yeah Amsterdam would be another good choice too.

Aus and USA are bad ideas because both of those countries are hard to get into for those of you who have a slight dent in your records, and also Australia is just too far away. I'd love for it to be in Aus, but it's not going to be feasible so that's the way it is.

I'm voting for London, but would be very happy with Amsterdam as well. Prague comes 3rd. :)

Amsterdam would be pretty sick. Actually anywhere really in Europe except for the fucking nation of France gets my vote.

StagnantReaction said:
Any decision for how long this event may be? Need to know how much to save...

L2R, where do you think it should be? :)

DAM DAM DAM

I reckon 5 - 7 daze should be good. This allows time for euro tours for those of us making the most of the time. In that time we can party, dine, tour, and i suggest getting some sort of board room or large venue quiet enough for chatting/intros/etc.

pekkie said:
I'm a woman!!!!! :D

not in my fantasies ;)

Amsterdam would be pretty sick. Actually anywhere really in Europe except for the fucking nation of France gets my vote.

No Franch Fries for you!

this sounds like such a great idea....but at the same time i couldnt see something like this ever working.

i voted for dam and i would totally go there if i knew enough people were showing up (probably go anyway)

saxen said:
For you americans, how much does it cost to fly to amsterdam?
around a grand, if you go in the summer, right now, around 750....another reason i vote against summer. i am bringing 3 adults and 2 children when i go. (sister and kids, need a nanny!) will cost much more in high season

i am not going on such a brilliant vacation and not bringing the kids. the days i am with you, their auntie can take care of them, but before that, we are going to enjoy a fabulous family vacation.

we don't get to europe often, this would be a big deal, if it happens.

[i am not going on such a brilliant vacation and not bringing the kids. the days i am with you, their auntie can take care of them, but before that, we are going to enjoy a fabulous family vacation.

we don't get to europe often, this would be a big deal, if it happens.
If you bring your kids then I'm bringing my dog! :D

THE WOOD said:
natl lampoons bluelight vacation
Finder can play Clark Griswold (Chevy Chase) and L2R can play Cousin Eddie

eddclpo2.jpg

and here's a future scene with L2R corrupting some greenlighters:

eddiehw1.jpg

;)