• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

a bluelight decade: global meetup, june 2009 (We're SERIOUS!.. but how about a date?)

Where should the Bluelight 10-Year Meetup be held?

• Hamsterdamnation

Votes: 208 52.4%
  • London

Votes: 54 13.6%
  • Ibiza

Votes: 40 10.1%
  • Prague

Votes: 14 3.5%
  • Budapest

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • India

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • Thailand

Votes: 25 6.3%
  • Mexico

Votes: 38 9.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
amsterdam it is!

i say we close this poll and start a new thread deciding on whether or not it should be in June or the 'off-season' ...

amsterdam has an insurmountable lead and nobdoy has made a convincing case for any of the other places in this poll ...

It's June.

That's what the thread title says.

The "off-season" would suck.

Plus, as I understand it, there's a big dance music festival in Amsterdam in June.

ok great ... so lets get the dates sorted then ...

on another note - don't get me wrong, i'm not all about partying, but personally i wouldn't bother to go if it was just an assortment of small bluelighting groups in the same country/continent at the same time travelling around the place ... i think at least 2 large, well-organised parties are required to draw real interest from bluelighters and stop it from turning into a cliquey-fizzer ...
if people want to kill two birds with one stone, and do a european tour at the same time, then that sounds awesome, but for mine, the formal organising shoud strictly surround the week of dutch debauchery ...

sweet amsterdam is winning and i was going there anyways in 2009 cuz 18 then anyways

Nah, I would like more people to vote on this actually. Let this do the rounds one more time... even if to just generate more interest.

Can someone start the shuffling please. Either Aus social or EADD will do please. We're not going to please everyone with the dates.. that was agreed on early on for June. Still over 2 years until this happens, so there really isn't much of an excuse.

EDIT: I also agree that it shouldn't just be about the partying. Other meetup ideas are welcome, and I'd prefer to meet people in other surroundings as well. Really though it should be baby steps first... lets get some more interest from the other areas first and then get the other forum started and talk about set dates, accommodation and everything else. Too much too soon is just going to put everything in a mess. Plus, I really think it's best if we talk about meetup and accom ideas in another forum. My paranoid mind can't stress this enough. :\

i'm working on it. give me a bit. gotta archive the first 700 or so posts.

why not start 2 new threads that summarise the discussion so far and link people to vote in this one ???

if someone is too lazy to open the link and then vote, not only should they not get a say in the destination, but i highly doubt they have the motivation to fly across the globe for a meetup ...

L2R said:
i'm working on it. give me a bit. gotta archive the first 700 or so posts.
Cheers! :)

EDIT: Diego that idea is ok as well. I agree on the laziness part, but we're not in that much of an urgent hurry to shut the poll.

>aus social. voting time.

keep in mind.
IF YOU DON'T PLAN ON GOING, DO NOT BOTHER VOTING.

For the record, Thailand is currently sitting at 5 votes. ;)

Let's see if the koala munchers change that. :D

Sounds like a good excuse to go to Amsterdam. I didn't get my dual citizenship for nothing :D

^Fatz
it's apparant that anyone with any recorded problems with the law will have greater difficulty getting into aus and the u.s.

not to mention shithouse drug law enforcement

it's 2 years away mate. start saving now, and even if it's on the moon, you should be able to swing it.

Diego Blunt said:
i think at least 2 large, well-organised parties are required to draw real interest from bluelighters and stop it from turning into a cliquey-fizzer ...

if people want to kill two birds with one stone, and do a european tour at the same time, then that sounds awesome, but for mine, the formal organising shoud strictly surround the week of dutch debauchery ...

Agreed. This organization should definitely be a goal to keep in mind. Even if everyone wants to do their own thing and use the meetup as an excuse to hang out with everyone they know, everyone should at least know of one or more greater events that can be attended.

felixdahousekat said:
For the record, Thailand is currently sitting at 5 votes. ;)

Let's see if the koala munchers change that. :D

I voted Thailand: it's the only place I'd even vaguely be able to afford to go. Amsterdam? London? Yeah right ! =D Who has a spare $5-10,000?

Plus we always said our next holiday would be Thailand.

Well I've always wanted to go to Prague so I chose there. I men this is two years away so who knows what i'll be doing by then

Hey, I don't want to get all anal with you lot (that's a lie, I do) but it's only 17 months away. Dunno if you noticed, but the current year changed on the 1st of January. ;)