• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

A bit confused about optimal MDMA redosing

Idznak

Greenlighter
A friend and I differ on what we've read about MDMA redosing. I was under the impression that after taking a dose you need to take your redose within the next 90 minutes for it to take any kind of effect.
For example I drop 100mg at 7pm so I must take my booster at or before 8:30pm.

My friend is under the impression that after taking the initial dose you wait until you feel it start to take effect (30-60 minutes) and then you need to redose within the next 90 minutes.
For example he drops 100mg at 7pm and it takes 45 minutes to take effect (7:45pm) and then he must take his booster at or before 9:15pm.

Are either of us right, or are we both wrong? In which case what is the cut off for taking a redose?

Thanks,
Idznak

It's the difference between taking it all at once at the beginning vs redosing half later. One you will be higher, the other will last a little longer but not as intense.

Which way is right? Who knows and I doubt it really matters. Sometimes it's too much too soon is overwhelming, sometimes you wish you had a little more to boost up again 3-4 hrs later.

No matter which way you redose, eventually you run out of serotonin and redosing is pointless.

To be honest, I don't see why either of your ideas would differ significantly.

I was under the impression that after taking a dose you need to take your redose within the next 90 minutes for it to take any kind of effect.

No. The MDMA isn't going to suddenly stop working after only one re-dose. It will still do it's thing after 90 minutes. I've taken re-doses 2 hours after the initial drop, 3 hours after the initial drop and even 4 hours and not noticed much difference. They have all brought me back up a little and extended the experience by 2-3 hours. I feel that the whole re-dose timing thing is overhyped. As long as you don't let the MDMA completely ware off (let's say 6-7 hours after the first drop, when barely any is still psychoactive), but re-dose while you're still noticably up, the re-dose will do it's thing. Of course we must consider that MDMA does work in diminishing returns because of limitted serotonin, but for one re-dose only, this should be the case.

Thanks for the replies guys, and sorry I'm late in posting!

Glad to hear this, I was concerned by what I'd read on the 'net.

ime the redose should hit you before you really enter the comedown phase if you want get up there again instead of prolonging the comedown. 10-15minutes after the warm envelope dissipates and you can see things clearly again work, but afterwards... not so much.
so if you for example take the initial dose at midnight, you could come up at around 1:00 (assuming pills) with the peak lasting until 3:00 (this will of course vary from person to person and depend of experience, tolerance, ...). so as the redose should hit you at 3:00 it should optimally be taken at 2:00 and if you include a 30min "safety margin" you get 1:30 after the initial dose as redosing timepoint.

of course the additive effect of dose and redose when you redose earlier (i.e. T+1:30 if your peak usually lasts longer off a single dose) can also be desirable :)