View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

A/B DMT extraction using bark; how to de-fat

pisspotnrock

Bluelighter
old mates doin an extraction next week using acacia accuminata bark which just so happens to contains a fuck tone of fats n oils

the tek in questions is from ye ol dmt handbook which was published many a year back.. from memory, it was a 100ml of something like xylenne repeated a couple of times while the ph was low.. is that correct?

Soak root bark in caustic soda water(roughly 1:1 root bark to caustic soda).

Leave it. Shake it. Leave it. Shake it.

Add Naptha (not xylene...xylene will work BUT it will eat through some plastic and IMO smells stronger).

Shake it. Leave it. Shake it. Leave it.

Then syphon off the top layer with something like a spore syringe.

Add the top Naptha layer to some acidified water.

Freeze it. Your goodies will be left in the ice.

Not as easy as baking a cake, about as difficult as making a homemade pie from scratch.

^ with a lot of the newer plants you need to defat etc and that simply will not work. You will end up with a lot of oils and plant fats. The days of the STB working every time are long over (about 3 years now) I mean sure it may work but I didnt have luck with it recently.

thanks for the reply guys..

first of all, why not use xylene? because itll eat though the containers?

second, old mate aint doin a STB; its a A/B or nothing especially considering the bark in question..

and yes, a freebase product is what he's aiming for.. a acid conversion will happen post extraction if needed..

cheers

All of these extraction methods pull out DMT freebase none of them will result in a salt. After you make the solution into a strong base it removes the salt and "frees the base." This is the only reason why the non-polar solvent pulls out the dmt, if it were not a free base it would not dissolve in the solvent.

You dont want to use xylene because it is much different from naphtha. Xylene will end up pulling out a large variety of compounds and create what is known as "jungle dmt" Also xylene reeks like something you dont want people smelling where as the other is basically lighter fluid and something lots of people are "use" to smelling in a sense. Just so you know the new plants seem to be more tricky even for experienced STBers so be prepared to not do as well as you thought or completely fail so save everything.

Good luck and remember proper safety equipment is a must.

szuko000,

The instructions below wouldn't produce freebase DMT if they even work. I agree the majority of useful Teks produce freebase.

DON'T ATTEMPT USING THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW UNLESS YOU COMPREHEND THE CHEMISTRY INVOLVED AND CAN CONFIRM THIS IS POSSIBLE. IF THESE INSTRUCTIONS WORK THEY DON'T PRODUCE THE FREEBASE.
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Soak root bark in caustic soda water(roughly 1:1 root bark to caustic soda).

Leave it. Shake it. Leave it. Shake it.

Add Naptha (not xylene...xylene will work BUT it will eat through some plastic and IMO smells stronger).

Then syphon off the top layer with something like a spore syringe.

Add the top Naptha layer to some acidified water.

Freeze it. Your goodies will be left in the ice.

Not as easy as baking a cake, about as difficult as making a homemade pie from scratch.

You dont want to use xylene because it is much different from naphtha. Xylene will end up pulling out a large variety of compounds and create what is known as "jungle dmt" Also xylene reeks like something you dont want people smelling where as the other is basically lighter fluid and something lots of people are "use" to smelling in a sense. Just so you know the new plants seem to be more tricky even for experienced STBers so be prepared to not do as well as you thought or completely fail so save everything.

Good luck and remember proper safety equipment is a must.

yes, that is why he uses xylene ONLY in the defat, and then shellite during the pulls.. he was told to use xylene because it removes more fats, oils and other unwanted goodies more easily whilst an acid then uses shellite for the pulls once its basified.. he has done this twice before with great success.. for the defat, I think he did 2x 200ml pulls then one 400ml before basification but I cant quite remember, hence why Im asking these questions

safety equipment hasnt been used before but a carbon filtered mask will be used this time

Ah I see sorry confirmation bias lol I never added a non polar while the desired compound was too polar to be caught in it, that is a good idea.