• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous 9-Carboxymethoxymethylguanine - A completely new psychedelic that make you feel like a ghost

MephedroneCandy

Bluelighter
It makes you feel you are a ghost (Cotard's syndrome) and at higher doses it gives psychedelia too.
I don't think it is a delirant because delirium is not reported and hallucinations are very similar to common psychedelics. I think it has some specific mechanism to induce cotard's syndrome.
The trip can be dysphoric or euphoric like the ones from people who though they were in paradise.
It is important to note that those were accidental trips, more like a side effect.
So I think the drug does not make you think you are dead if you know you took it, more like just the feeling of disconnection from the body.

Last edited:
This reminds me of people abusing the HIV medication efavirenz (Sustiva). Now I believe one brave or foolish 'researcher' in the US actually tried smoking efavirenz but even they pointed out that heating might result in the formation of other compounds.. but he did confirm that it produced significant effects although I'm not clear on how much he consumed.

I wracked my brain trying to think if efavirenz was chemically similar to any known psychoactive compounds and the best I could come up with was the French anxiolytic etifoxine but even THAT is a BIG stretch.

Recent evidence suggests that interactions between odorant molecules and nasal smell receptor proteins involve not only lock-and-key chemical binding, but also quantum correlations between odorant and receptor molecular electron resonance orbitals (Brookes, Hartoutsiou, Horsfield, & Stoneham, 2006). Potency of hallucinogenic drug molecules correlate with their quantum electron resonance effects on receptors (Kang & Green, 1970; Nichols, 1986; Snyder & Merrill, 1965). Thus, significant quantum correlations may be expected between electron resonance orbitals of psychoactive neurotransmitter molecules (e.g., the indole ring of serotonin, the benzene ring of dopamine, etc.) and their brain receptors.
Cit. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1080/03640210701704004

I think this is essential to understand how it is possible that molecules with little or opposite efficacy at the receptors are psychedelics.

I think you should ask Skorpio about that. I am well aware that their is a pattern emerging in which 4 totally different chemicals can produce the same odour... BUT smell is a sense and we don't know if they are binding to some larger cleft (which is quite possible - methadone and tilidine are BOTH opioids but they simply bind to different parts of the same receptor) or if their are in fact 4 different sites that all trigger the same response.

I keep saying 4 because their is now an increasingly long list of unrelated chemicals with the same odour and it's almost always (>95%) 4 different chemicals.