• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

8th Graders in Texas found with stronger liquid form of meth

Dr. J

Bluelight Crew
HOUSTON - Authorities are conducting a drug probe at a Texas City Middle School after a group of eighth-grade girls was caught with a powerful form of liquid methamphetamines. According to Galveston County Sheriff Henry Trochesset, the drugs were in liquid form and delivered on a type of stamp. Trouchesset said police have not seen the drug in this form and it is so potent that it can be absorbed through the skin simply by touching the stamp.

Authorities said that Tuesday afternoon six girls at Blocker Middle School began acting strangely and were acting zombie-like and somewhat delirious. District officials contacted their parents who took them all to the hospital. They have since been suspended from school.

One parent at the school said, “they’re not all bad girls. I mean one of them I've known for quite some time. I mean I would have never expected it. She didn't seem like a bad girl. She’s always been very sweet, very respectable, very involved in sports.”

Trochesset said the drugs came from "outside the country." Authorities' main objective is to determine who gave the drugs to the girls.

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/10/11/Texas-8th-Graders-Found-With-New-Form-of-Powerful-Meth

Clear evidence that the drug war on drugs has utterly failed ... sorry but laughing out loud that a drug war that always finds support when it evokes the children.. think of the children and end the war on drugs.

lmfao. is it liquid? Is it blotter? Or is it liquid on blotter?

I mean I would have never expected it. She didn't seem like a bad girl

This is the problem right here the belief that drugs and drug users are inherently bad and evil, this is the perception that needs to change, you'd think these beliefs wouldn't be so widespread in the states due to their willingness to vote in known drug users as their presidents.

Considering the high child obesity rates is Texas , maybe that meth wouldn't be such a bad idea

Last edited:
Trochesset said the drugs came from "outside the country." Authorities' main objective is to determine who gave the drugs to the girls.

That's Texas sidespeak for "blame the Mexicans" And really? They were lethargic? Meth?

I almost watched it a second time but then I thought about how these morons get paid every time I click on this bullshit

I can't see meth being ideal for transdermal absorption. At least, not as a salt, a polar ionic compound the skin evolved to be good at keeping out, I'd have thought osmotic balance between the exterior and the internal, salt-saturated environment would do a good job of keeping it out.

And whilst I have never personally tried exposing my skin to meth base, one attempt to inhale its vapor put me off a second, it was quite irritating, and I'd bet prolonged skin contact would prove likewise.

Wasn't there once a similar 'scare' involving acid-laced 'transfers' or temporary tattooes, something of that nature?

Never heard of meth on blotter, the whole thing sounds like complete bullshit to me! If anything, it's probably some goofy-ass RC.

The truth is, most drugs can be used in moderation with little risk of harm if done correctly. Stories like this just perpetuate the ignorance and hysteria surrounding drug use, which is necessary to justify the war on drugs...The media just does so much damage with these stories....The Krokodil thing and now this story... You never hear about the other 10 million people who got high last night, dropped their kids off for school and went to work this morning.

I know ox blood is a type of meth often sold in liquid form, from some users reports it can be very potent. We used to hear quite a bit about it back in the early to mid 90's here. It was apparently often brownish or reddish I believe and some of my old mates said it blew them away. Often sold in vials I think. Not sure how well it work on a 'stamp' then absorbed through the skin, but I'd imagine it's possible. Also the girls who began acting strangely and were acting zombie-like and somewhat delirious, could well have been up for days or mixing it with some other types of drugs, benzos or whatever.

I know ox blood is a type of meth often sold in liquid form, from some users reports it can be very potent. We used to hear quite a bit about it back in the early to mid 90's here. It was apparently often brownish or reddish I believe and some of my old mates said it blew them away. Often sold in vials I think. Not sure how well it work on a 'stamp' then absorbed through the skin, but I'd imagine it's possible. Also the girls who began acting strangely and were acting zombie-like and somewhat delirious, could well have been up for days or mixing it with some other types of drugs, benzos or whatever.

Somehow the bolded just screams BS! No offense though, really. I just feel like this statement is borne from sensationalist views like what we often make fun of here at BL. I honestly don't think the girls would have started all showing symptoms around the same time if what you say is true.

No offence taken, believe what you like.

^ Kind of like that hey.

Uhh no. No need to have that attitude either. I draw my nbome conclusion based on quite a few things:

-The drug supposedly originated out of country
-The drug is supposedly in blotter or liquid form
-The drug is so potent it can be absorbed through the skin (now nbomes can not as far as I'm aware but they have a potency where one may assume this)
-The girls were confused and delirious

So how is that sensationalist?

For one thing, unlike what your other post postulates meth can only get so potent. If it's meth that's so potent it can be dosed through your skin... then it's not meth.

For another thing, how could you assume that girls that all started acting strange at the same time had been up for days mixing drugs? Does not make sense.

But ah, whatever... not like this article even matters or my time wasted on this reply. What I want to know is who convinced these 8th graders to take drugs like this.

I don't have an attitude, I was simply replying, calm down.

For another thing, how could you assume that girls that all started acting strange at the same time had been up for days mixing drugs? Does not make sense.

I can assume anything I like, I'm pretty sure people have taken meth and other substances and been up for days and possibly used sleeping tabs and whatever drugs as well to try and get some sleep in and then acted pretty weirdly due to lack of sleep for being up for too long, even acting kind of delirious. Maybe it's strange or unlikely that they all were affected like that at the same time, but maybe they had all been up along time and were all acting weird. Maybe this, maybe that.

Maybe it was nbome, maybe it was meth, maybe humans can't be effected by meth through skin contact, I dont know. Yeah meth might be able to only get so potent, but it can get pretty damn potent sometimes hey. It's possible the article may be incorrect and they were consuming the meth (or whatever substance) as a liquid and not on a stamp, who knows, I'm not really too concerned.

Is there any scientific confirmation this drug that they took was absorbed through there skin? What I think happened is these girls ate some of those blotters then just claimed that they accidentally got dosed by holding them in their hand to avoid getting in trouble and the cops/teachers happened find the ones they didn't eat. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be something not even remotely close to meth. Remember when the media was claiming that bath salts were "a new potent form of lsd".

Yeah maybe it's not meth at all, my initial point was that it can happen, liquid meth. Potent liquid meth. Im sure it can come in all sorts of potencies, but when I was in high school there was 'ox blood' going around, people were using it at school as well and acting weird, being up for days and acting agro and shit and also abusing other drugs at the same time. Some of my friends who tried it said it was really strong stuff, just from a really small amount. That was way before we had crystal meth in this country, which I think hit Aus in about the early 2000's, maybe a bit before?

The article states they went to hospital, im not sure if there is any possibility they were blood tested or something and a result came back for meth, but why should we think otherwise, they didnt mention nbome at all in the article, so maybe they knew it was liquid meth from the hospital or the girls, Im not sure, but anyway my point was only that liquid meth can be available, even to school kids and it can be really strong, as it happened at my school, and i'm sure it's happened before other places too.

edit -

I just went and saw the article, and yeah maybe it is nbome, they look like trips.

8th-methjpg.jpg

Seems odd to keep calling it meth when it looks like blotters. My mistake.

Sounds to me like from this kind of BS media article maybe we just assume everything that was said in it was totel, well, bullshit. They probably have no idea and got the facts completely wrong. It sounds like just another one of those stories that is totally skewed to benefit the angle of the WAR ON DRUGS!..

They may not have even all started acting funny at same time..probably one did, the others hamg out with her, they all got brought up as having some of it too, blah, blah...we can assume anything. How many times have stories like this turned out to be based nothing on reality and fact.

As people experienced as we are here...well..we can smell bullshit much easier than the non experienced person who eats up this type of propoganda. Like someone else said, funny how they worded that and put that quote there.."she seemed like such a nice girl"...cause you know anyone who would even think of touching drugs is definitely not a nice person.

^Well, really man....I'm born and raised here in America and I've done my share of meth....Never once heard of meth put on blotters, but all the sudden a couple 14 year old girls have meth on paper...It just seems like common sense to me to call bullshit on this one!

Could you absorb meth on paper? Absolutely, but what advantage is there to that? the reason they do it with LSD and Nbome is because it's active in such small amountsz that it makes sense...but meth you can eyeball small bumps of and then just eat them if you want to...

The media just wants to call it meth to stir shit! They love to make outrageous, false claims about drugs to provoke the zero tolerance people into throwing a fit about the "new drug craze" that doesn't even fucking exist! Whoever wrote this should be fired....Did it test positive for methamphetamine? That's the big question...Or is this whole thing just speculation by some dim-witted cop that passed his erroneous supposition on to a gullible member of the media, who then printed it for the instant gratification of a "hot story"?