• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

8mg diazepam a day

HezzaD

Bluelighter
Hi I cut down in past 6 months from 30mg diazepam to 8mg, I have been having horrible anxiretyy ever since plus came off quetiapine 100mg to olanzapine 5mg.
I don't feel right, I have been abusing oepiates because thats only time the racing thoughts go away, morphine and oxycodone do the job fine, I could buy heroin everyday but I usually binge for 2 days then not have it for weeks or months, but I am on morphine slow releease 120mg a day so i am kinda on heroin anyway.

I really wanna not rely on tablets I wish I cut down myself and had spare from 30mg oh well, but anyway i suffer from gad and bipolar disorder 8mg aint really alot im wanting to half the dose so I can have spares, same with my morphines gonna try cut down to 30mg twice a day extended then have some goodies on weekend as cba with heroin one bag is strong then next aint as strong and just a fuck about injecting and i dont get nothing off smoking it and plugging it does work but in my midn sicne I INJECTED I Know theres a stronger way.

8mg may not seem to be a lot, but it is enough to keep you hooked, and you'll probably continue having rebound anxiety until you stop the diazepam completely.

Having kicked a nasty Ativan habit myself, I'd like to offer my opinion that it will be easier to finish tapering your benzo to zero while you are still using opioids anyway, because they will help you sleep through the inevitable rebound insomnia that accompanies benzo withdrawal.

While withdrawing from Ativan, I went literally for days without sleep - the insomnia is relentless and brutal. It took almost three months from the time I jumped before I could begin to sleep properly (and without drugs) again.

Hope you'll ease off the benzo while you still have the opioids to help you sleep.

Nothin helps me sleep thsanks to quetiapine!
I have to take a cocktail jus to feel drowsy and stop my racing thoughts
thanks for the advice, I know its enough to keep me hooked, I switched to 2mg dfiazepam and 10mg temazepam and i felt horrible!