• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids 80mg methadine does bot block

Hezman94

Bluelighter
It dulls the high but if I take my dihydrocodeine it makes me fall asleep and I get a motivated high if I take gear even snorting the freebase I got a nod as I struggle smoking it
I know methadone peaks at six hours to eight hours so be snout three pm.
But if I don't r wke my dhc I feeel very restless.
Does it affect different opiate receptors I get nothing from codeine not much for morphine oxy the euphoria be gone but the nod be syrong I'm nodding now off 180mg dhc extended and sixty mg instant I crushed one of the sixty mg extended

Methadone is a full μ-agonist and does not block receptors like a partial agonist like buprenorphine. This is a common misconception. It will, however, especially in higher doses occupy a huge volume of available receptors, whereby through (please correct me if I'm wrong) chronic saturation and extensive downregulation ie tolerance only certain opioids, namely those with stronger binding affinities or ones which are extremely potent- like buprenorphine and fentanyl, respectively- in generally high doses will "breakthrough" and exert their typical subjective effects.

Well, it might well be that not enough Morphine from codeine reaches the receptor. The euphoria might not come through the sedation of Methadone. 80 mg is quite a lot considering the high bio-availability and the long half-life of Methadone. I did note with Codeine + Dihyrocodeine (DHC) too, that the sedating nature of enough DHC can kill the Codeine euphoria. I'm currently on 50 mg of Methadone, but it's not yet enough to kill my cravings. Thus, I like to take some DHC, between 150 mg - 200 mg, on my Methadone-High (ie about 2 hours after my daily dose). Quite nice.
All of the full-agonists, such as Methadone, DHC, Morphine (maybe from Codeine, from Heroin or simply from ingested or injected Morphine-Sulfate), Oxy, Hydro, Fenta, (and so on and so on...) bind in the same fasion to the same receptors. So they simply add to one-another. Furthermore, there can be different other actions, too, such as NMDA-action in the case of methadone, or Serotonin-action from Fentanyl, Pethitinde and many other lesser known Opioid full-agonists.
More sedating opioids tend, as far as my experience goes, to mask the euphoria off less-sedating opioids.
DHC + Methadone makes a nice combo. I prefere DHC over Methadone or Heroin or Morphine, though. I like the effects of Methadone alone, too, though; as long as dose is sufficiently high.

Codeine is like morphine's annoying secretary who requires you to take a pile of Niacin before being seen, because it makes me ridiculously irritable and causes my skin to itch worse than any opioid and flush and break out. Plus the ceiling dose effect blows. I fucking hate codeine.

I always liked DHC alright though. Used to be a couple reliable vendors who offered it and I'd keep it around for withdrawals. Mild but pleasant, it felt to me somewhere between hydrocodone and morphine. Kinda smacky while kinda stimulating.

Codeine is like morphine's annoying secretary who requires you to take a pile of Niacin before being seen, because it makes me ridiculously irritable and causes my skin to itch worse than any opioid and flush and break out. Plus the ceiling dose effect blows. I fucking hate codeine.
Well, you're just so quickly on doses ith most other opioids on which you cost can't get enough morphine from oral codeine to get rid of your withdrawal. But apart from this low ceiling effect it's not sooo bad, imho. But what is it with the Niacin? Do you mean you can get your liver to convert more codeine to morphine with some vitamins?? Would be very interesting to me to optimize this conversion.
I always liked DHC alright though. Used to be a couple reliable vendors who offered it and I'd keep it around for withdrawals. Mild but pleasant, it felt to me somewhere between hydrocodone and morphine. Kinda smacky while kinda stimulating.
There is no ceiling effect and DHC is, in watery solution at least, quit fast if taken PO (like 10-20 min). So if it is a bit mild, you might simply not be taking enough. 150 mg is the absolute minimum to me.
Its (DHC) pharmacodynamics, pharmacocinetics as well as bolus is very similar to Hydrocodone and Oxycodone. In fact it is almost identical. The major difference between these opioids is simply their potency. But otherwise they are similar and the higher fold their oxidization, the stronger their effect (Dihydro: one-fold-oxydization, Hydro: two-fold, Oxy: three-fold). It is, imo, utterly wrong to count DHC to Codeine and Morphine. Just look at characteristics and structure of these opioids on Wiki and you'll find DHC belongs in reality to the aforementioned and could not be more different from Codeine.

Niacin causes flushing and hot flash sensations. I meant codeine causes similar discomfort for me, at least at the high doses I used. Perhaps it wasn't the most poignant simile. The times I took it were for recreation and were doses of 300-400mg, around the typical ceiling. I'm sure I could use way less to mitigate withdrawal symptoms even if it was during one of my more severe habit periods.

The lack of a ceiling is one of the reasons I preferred DHC. I can't recall much of anything specific about its dynamics/kinetics except that it's fairly similar yes to other semi-synthetics like dihydrocodeinone, or hydrocodone. It's mild because it's one of least potent prescription opioids. IIRC it has weak μ-receptor binding affinity as well, although that may be codeine and not DHC. And I meant subjectively it "feels to me" like a cross between morphine and hydrocodone.

There are threads discussing the use of inducers to increase the rate metabolic demethylation of codeine to morphine. CYP2D6 (and maybe 3A4?) inducers I believe. Due to codeine's pharmacology, as it's essentially a pro-drug for morphine, I find it likely that people's opinions on codeine are determined in large part by their genetics ie individual metabolic profile.

I have been on Methadone 80mg for years

they start you out on 30mg at clinics. I personally noticed that it “blocked” the high from Oxy/Dilaudid/H at around 40mg of Methadone. I banged two eighties and didn’t feel sh!t...that’s when I said $&#* it, after wasting $60 in one wasted shot

...at 80mg of Methadone the only way to get a nice feeling....is to take another 20/30mg of Methadone.

It dulls the high but if I take my dihydrocodeine it makes me fall asleep and I get a motivated high if I take gear even snorting the freebase I got a nod as I struggle smoking it
I know methadone peaks at six hours to eight hours so be snout three pm.
But if I don't r wke my dhc I feeel very restless.
Does it affect different opiate receptors I get nothing from codeine not much for morphine oxy the euphoria be gone but the nod be syrong I'm nodding now off 180mg dhc extended and sixty mg instant I crushed one of the sixty mg extended
Everyone is different it seems I know some people who say it don't block the high and just makes the high better I agree in a way if you do it right in the right order I usually try to score early as possible because I can have a nice smoke chill then have my daily methadone and then not have to scoring or anything for the rest of the day and if I'm lucky I can save some gear for the next morning which is the best time to use now for me I shouldn't still be doing this and I'm planning to cut the early smoke out completely after Christmas and just have methadone but atm it's still a hell of a lot better then how I was living before 6 sessions a day if I could not one then even if I was nodding and that I would still worry where my next batch is coming from now I dont have to worry because no matter what happens everyday I have free heroin waiting for me as long as I go on time and it's been great especially no more worrying about getting any possible withdrawals the next day I might get a few minor ones especially if I don't score but that iust makes that days dose taste and feel even better imo I mean it's basically free heroin.

Now back in topic I have not noticed methadone blocking the high if taken after it just seems to wait for smack high to diminish however if I take it before depending how long an hour minimal in liquid form I have noticed heroin does seem to have a different or less effect I honestly can't tell which one it is because these are powerful drugs I also have not taken a dose above 60ml ever I think just