• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

80 kg of cocaine found off Yokosuka (Japan)

Seyer

Bluelight Crew
Not really a "bust" but if you mods feel its appropriate for the Drug Bust thread feel free to merge.
Four backpacks containing roughly 80 kg of cocaine have been confiscated after washing ashore in Yokosuka, Kanagawa Prefecture, police said Thursday.

The drugs, with a street value of ¥4.8 billion, were divided into 78 packets wrapped in paper and plastic when they were found on the beach Tuesday morning.

The backpacks were attached to a float and plastic bottles containing glow sticks, leading police to believe they were thrown overboard after a drug deal failed at sea.

A fisherman living nearby found the coke-filled backpacks and called the police, tipping them to one of the biggest drug hauls in Japanese history.

“I found these while I was picking up garbage on the beach. I can’t believe it was cocaine,” he said.
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2013/11/21/national/80-kg-of-cocaine-found-off-yokosuka

Nov. 21 (Bloomberg) -- Four backpacks stuffed with cocaine worth 4.8 billion yen ($48 million) were found on a beach in Japan, the biggest amount ever discovered in the country, local media reported.

The backpacks, containing 80 kilograms (176 pounds) of the drug wrapped in waterproof tape, were found by local residents in Yokosuka city on Nov. 19, the Asahi newspaper reported, citing local police. The find is the biggest by value in Japan, public broadcaster NHK said.

Yokosuka, home to a U.S. Navy base, is about 50 kilometers (31 miles) south of Tokyo.
http://www.sfgate.com/business/bloo...th-4-8-Billion-Yen-Found-on-Japan-4998023.php

That cocaine came out to be insane expensive (if you do the math) but its Japan so it makes sense, I think.

"Guys, I think I lost the coke"
"How much?"
"80kg"
"...."

The backpacks were attached to a float and plastic bottles containing glow sticks, leading police to believe they were thrown overboard after a drug deal failed at sea.

You refuse to come down on the price? Fine, we will just throw this expensive cocaine into the water, with glow sticks as a present for whoever finds it. :)

As for price, drugs are incredibly expensive in Japan. The cops are saying it is worth USD 600,000 per kilo, probably based on $600 a gram, which sounds like too much to me, but I have never seen cocaine in Japan, or even bought cocaine, for that matter!

“I found these while I was picking up garbage on the beach. I can’t believe I gave the cops 48 million dollars worth of cocaine,” he said.

fixed that for him

i heard this on the radio this morning whilst on the way to work. the news report i heard claimed it was a woman walking her dog along the sand when she found the backpacks tied together with rope washed up on the shore?

let this be a lesson, bluelight. walk your dog!

:D

...kytnism...:|

Someone had his once-in-a-hundred-lifetimes chance to literally pick up millions of dollars worth of cocaine... and gave it to the police.

How... why? He's probably happy living as a fisherman.

I wonder how many people have actually NOT handed items in though, more than enough. I imagine all over south america some people get a few suprises on the beach, this guy was probally woried the yakuza were about to turn up on there beach buggys,

A reagent could help to know its clean. I'd be so blowed. I'd prolly think the yakuza were comin to lol

ye id leave that shit alone and walk away like i didnt see anything

i dont trust those yakuza fucks

I wouldn't take it. I'd like to but a white guy in Japan with a lot of coke, I'd be worried about getting caught by gangs or otherwise.

If I was a Japanese fisherman I'd probably be proud of my place in society and give it to the police.

White me would be tempted Japanese me not so much.

Possibly bound for somewhere else than Japan if coke isnt that popular there, but who knows.