• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

8 years out of date xanax

Status
Not open for further replies.

femaletrouble

Bluelighter
Well i just had a new contact who is into downers. It was xanax i ordered got through the mail today its in a sealed plastic pot of 100 but ive just seen the expirey date an christ it 06/09 so its 8 years out of date it! I darent take any becuz i dont know if they will be any good after all these years. Any thoughts on this? Thank you and merry christmas eveyone.

More like Happy Hanukkah you antisemite. Let us have our holiday and enjoy it if you don't mind ;).

I understand your concern, but this is one of those questions in which we can't provide any answer better than what common sense might dictate. As far as safety goes, it's unlikely that they have either A. become more potent over time or B. that they have undergone a chemical process rendering them toxic somehow.

You can send a pill to a laboratory and have it tested or you can take one and see what happens. In the very best of circumstances, this question would be pretty much impossible for us to answer. The most likely outcome is that the drugs have lost a negligible amount of potency and are still pretty much the same as they were that many years ago, so long as they were stored in reasonable conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.