• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids 75mcg fent patch with my tolerance safe? plan on using it tomorow

pillman1224

Bluelighter
ok i know that i shouldnt say i need answers now cause that wont get me anywhere. but, i kinda due its thanksgiving break i got the week off. my tolerance is this. i cant chew half a 25mcg patch and get an ok buzz. i could handle chewing the full thing im sure i just dont want to raise tolerance as its kinda up there already. would a mylan 75mcg patch worn be safe for me. i dont really want to hear how its dangerous cause i know. i only have one 75mcg patch and dont feel comfortable cutting it into 1/6ths cause ive heard its not evenly distributed throughout the patch. what are my chances here? will it even get me high?

That is the non-gel type, right? If you absolutely must use it, I vote cutting up and chewing. The problem with wearing a patch you aren't sure you are capable to handle is that even if you are lucky enough to feel yourself getting too high, taking the patch off doesn't stop you skin from absorbing what's on it, which could turn into a blackout or worse.

Using fentanyl and worrying about your tolerance is silly. It WILL raise you tolerance.

I use to smoke the gel patches on the regular and IMO The high isn't worth the risk. I would trade it for something more recreational

i could not in good conscious trade these and not know where they would end up. i do have experience wearing them. the first time i tried fent i put on a 25mcg patch and it barely took away my wds. (i was using 120mgs of crushed mscontin). and yes it will raise my tolerance i will probably be taking like 45mgs of dxm to help with that but if i wear the patch for 2-3 days then have 4-5 days of clean time you think my tolerance with go down enough for me to feel half a 25mcg patch chewed. i also have a few 100mcg patches that i plan on cutting in 1/8ths and chewing is it evenly distributed. i dont want a full 10mg dose in my mouth as that would kill me.

The nongel patches ARE evenly distributed. When a friend was increased from 50 to 75, the pharmacist told her she could wear 1 1/2 of the 50s to use them up.

I've used many of them and they have always been evenly distributed in my experience as well

You won't really mess your tolerance up doing one patch that's higher. You mess it up when you regularly do higher doses

Based on previous conversations with you, I think you would be ok to wear the 75. Or to cut it up in pieces. Like I told you I used to cut them into eighths but that was with the sandoz. Others weren't quite that hard hitting.

Thanks crzydiamond when you say I will be ok to wear the 75 will it even get me high though I am more worried about that than oding at this point. (College papers) it makes me more productive.

^There's no way we can know if you'll get high or not, if it was me I would consult with equivalency charts or opiate calculators. You mentioned taking 120mgs of morphine orally so maybe use that as your guide to begin with....convert 120mgs of morph to fent and see what the calculator spits out. If it's less fent than the most you've ever chewed or worn then that will help your decision making. I suspect if you wore that 75mg fent patch I reckon you will be fine but do the conversions on more than one calculator or chart before making a move.

^There's no way we can know if you'll get high or not, if it was me I would consult with equivalency charts or opiate calculators. You mentioned taking 120mgs of morphine orally so maybe use that as your guide to begin with....convert 120mgs of morph to fent and see what the calculator spits out. If it's less fent than the most you've ever chewed or worn then that will help your decision making. I suspect if you wore that 75mg fent patch I reckon you will be fine but do the conversions on more than one calculator or chart before making a move.
well on rx list it is safe to switch a patient who has been taking 60ms mscontin daily to 25mcg patch. i was taking 120mgs daily pretty much so 50mcg is what a doc would safely put me on. so im assuming 75mcg might get me a little buzz.

There are so many different reasons why a drug works for person "A" at 60mg, person "B" 130mg and person "C" at 85mg. Genetics, liver function, body size and the fact that a nice percentage of it is subjective are all factors.
Naturally, SKR pointed out a lot of main points. Also, a doctor will most likely start at a lower dose as a safety factor. It is all personal knowledge and proof to back it up. A portion of whomever needs this medication will be screwed due to misinterpretation of the facts. OP, not trying to derail thread, but shedding light on a portion of it. Equalanalgesic drug converters are usually based on 10mg of oral Morphine. The different converters can sometimes vary. The Wikipedia conversion page is a great start. Honestly remember it is subjective as fuck. Whatever you figure out, you better start a little lower then what math you do with the converter and what you think is the dose you want to take. HR first. To get this right, you take for instance the Wikipedia converter, compare it to the bluelight chart, like I already posted, look at pharmaceutical converters as well and average the numbers out. Again, I cannot stress this enough, like OP is already doing, research the heck out of this. HR, FTW.

Last edited:
There are so many different reasons why a drug works for person "A" at 60mg, person "B" 130mg and person "C" at 85mg. Genetics, liver function, body size and the fact that a nice percentage of it is subjective are all factors.
Naturally, SKR pointed out a lot of main points. Also, a doctor will most likely start at a lower dose as a safety factor. It is all personal knowledge and proof to back it up. A portion of whomever needs this medication will be screwed due to misinterpretation of the facts. OP, not trying to derail thread, but shedding light on a portion of it. Equalanalgesic drug converters are usually based on 10mg of oral Morphine. The different converters can sometimes vary. The Wikipedia conversion page is a great start. Honestly remember it is subjective as fuck. Whatever you figure out, you better start a little lower then what math you do with the converter and what you think is the dose you want to take. HR first. To get this right, you take for instance the Wikipedia converter, compare it to the bluelight chart, like I already posted, look at pharmaceutical converters as well and average the numbers out. Again, I cannot stress this enough, like OP is already doing, research the heck out of this. HR, FTW.

i probably spent a month researching fent before i knew i was gonna try it. then when i got my hands on it another 2 months. i started to feel it about 3 hours after applying the patch. the patch is still on. i did not expect for it to "kick in" so quickly and had a shitload of driving to do. was nodding off behind the wheel. but thank god i got home safe and everyone else on the road for that matter. this is the last time i will be applying this to my skin. from now on its buccal only for me. i am gonna try to not take my temazapam tonight because i have a wicked headache from nodding in and out all day. i do not think my eyes have ever been this pinned. i would take it off and re apply tomorrow morning but that wont work. ill report back tomorrow.

You know, on a doctor visit many years ago, I was trying to explain to the doc why I needed a little more of the pain meds I took due to my large body size. I used to lift and was 5'11" and about 275 lbs (not fat at that time, as for now, I rather not discuss it any further thank you). He blew me off saying one's body size has nothing to do with how those meds affect an individual. He said the meds target areas in the brain and everyone's brain is more or less the same size. So basically, stop trying to rationalize to him why I'm on such a high level of narcotics. BTW, our discussion never really got into the fact that my neck was beyond fucked up! Actually, he kind of threw me for a loop. I'd never heard anything like that before and the more I thought about it, the more it kind of made sense. I think I left my appointment talking to myself and shit!

Anyway, wanted to throw that brain vs. body size thing out there to see if anyone else has encountered this sort of thing.

The best feeling I have "subjectively" had, was conshious sedation. 150mcg Fentanyl and 3mg of Midazolam both IV'd, for an hour. I also had anesthesiologist less then two feet away. Anyway, I would not take the Temazepam until you get that fentynal stuff straight. Yea, glad you made it home without crashing. That must be a super high dose of fent . Glad nobody died as a direct result of too much fentynal. Get that fent stuff straight at home. HR. Also, be careful taking it off and reapplying it. No need to go into withdrawal. That Temazepam could kill you if you combined it right, so you may have to seriously consider lowering dose, whatever it is and possibly getting off it. I'm interested in how it works out for you. Be safe.

well im ok from 10pm-12am last night every twenty seconds i would take a breath "fall out" then wake myself up. i do not remember much of what i did after the patch went on other than the fact that it kicked in within 3 hours probably because i got things started with a hair dryer on high. i decided to take 2 30mg temazapam because i figured id be in the "awake asleep" state all night and decided if im gonna die might as well not be gasping for air. i have driven on amounts of alcohol that would put dennis rodman in a coma and enough oxy to kill tom seizmore but fent driving was different. the nod was also different i felt myself slipping away. a 100mcg might have just killed me. anyways unless i have a change of heart buccal is the only ROA im taking fent with ever again.

also got heavily nauseas when smoking a cig but didnt puke but woke up this morning with one of the worst headaches of my life. is that normal with fent? i have woken up from morphine nods feeling similar.