View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

73 mg 4-HO-DPT w vitals to the 3rd hour

Working_Class

Bluelighter
I've been saving this for a special occasion. When my health is in order and my set and setting are appropriate. It is about 7:40 in the morning Sunday October 6th 2019, and I am about to ingest 73 mg of 4-HO-DPT on a completely empty stomach. Girlfriend is going to work for the day and she kind of has an idea of what I'm up to today. I'm prepared with some Etizolam in case things get out of hand, and I will check Blood glucose and blood pressure / heart rate before, and at some points during the trip. I've read a couple of pretty interesting reports that the dose curve is pretty steep on this particular compound. The last time around, I took about 60 mg to starting with 20, obviously after an allergy test, tritrating up another 40 mg producing some pretty mild, but defined hallucinatory state. I did not monitor any of my health parameters the last time I ingested this compound, and doing a little bit more detailed research has its Merit. So that is exactly what I'm planning on doing, for Science and for the community.

Here we go.

I am a 30 year old male weighing 216.5 lbs this morning, I am in exceptional physical shape, and I plan on training during this trip. Today is press day so I will be training at home with an axle, off squat stands, and the main exercise today is floor press, the main activity is going to be studying, cleaning, and just enjoying the trip.

In preparation I am checking my blood pressure and heart rate, right arm is 121 / 78 with RHR of 61 BPM, left arm is 125 / 75 with RHR of 54 BPM. Seeing as blood glucose has been a topic of discussion regarding this particular Compound on the big Dandy 4-HO-DPT thread on blue light, I have decided to check blood glucose after fasting for 10 hours. I had a big Sushi binge last night at about 10 p.m., and The Time Is Now 7:52 a.m. and I haven't eaten anything since. Washed my hands and blood glucose is 5.8 mmol / l. It is definitely worth noting that this is the highest my blood glucose has been fasted (that I am aware of) and I used to take steroids and insulin and all kinds of anabolics. And I have since quit for the last eight months so that I can pursue better health, this is actually first time I've checked my blood glucose and seen it over 5.5. I will continue with this experiment regardless. Also it's worth noting that my test strips are from 2017. If I ever get curious I can always just walk to the pharmacy and get them to check me out if I start seeing numbers go up and up.

The normal range for fasting blood glucose is 4.0 to 5.5. I don't think I'm too far out of the normal range, and also the massive dose of sushi last night. So regardless, 8:00 AM, Down the Hatch 73 mg.

I'll keep taking notes and I'll just continue with my day. I have to clean up the living room and shave my face take a shower and start studying. I'm currently studying physiology and anatomy and my plan was to study until it gets too difficult and then go on to do some other things. From what I understand I should be in and out of this experience within about eight hours with After Effects lasting about 5 hours. I'll be as detailed as I can.

At 73 minutes. I have finished cleaning the table where I study and I finished putting away the rest of my clothing, and I have reviewed my notes on chapter one so far. Subjectively the come up has been nice and smooth, no noticeable stomach discomfort which is different from the last time I experimented with this compound. This is a very different set and setting for which I am grateful, I prefer to be in a nice quiet place by myself when experimenting with the things of this nature. I had music on while I was preparing myself and attending my hygiene for the day, but for studying, I have turned off the music. The sound of the birds outside is nice, and there's a little bit of breathing and morphing to my surroundings. Color enhancement, nothing extreme, I can still continue with studying.

Blood glucose has dropped to 5.5 mmol / l. Blood pressure in my left arm is 130 over 71 with a resting heart rate of 72. In my right arm my blood pressure is 125 over 71 with a resting heart rate of 69. Basically all systems nominal. No worries here

11 a.m., approximately 180 minutes in. Things have surprisingly levelled out significantly, I am somewhat stimulated but not overly so, I feel like I'm on the downward curve at this point in the experience and studying has been going well as long as I keep myself away from distractions. It's been an enjoyable experience so far, I ingested about a hundred grams of oats and flax seeds with about 30 grams of whey protein with some collagen peptides I would say about an hour ago.

Vitals are; 128 / 74 RHR of 70 BPM in the left arm. In the right arm 125 / 70 with RHR of 72 BPM with blood glucose back up to 5.8 mmol / l, 1 after the meal.

At this point in the experiment I don't see the point in continuing to monitor my vitals, as things have levelled out at the 3rd hour as I said, and I am ready to continue on with my day whatever it might be. I still would not operate a motor vehicle for another 4 hours just in case, unless of course it was my electric bicycle which I am so fond of. But at this point in the experiment, I think I've recorded enough. The after-effects and residuals should be pretty garden-variety, and from here in, any changes in my vitals would probably be due to work-related stress, diet or ingestion of caffeine as I do plan on having my first coffee of the day, and I have been called into the clinic for some cleaning, and that has taking my attention away from studying which has induced slight anxiety. However it is my duty to clean the clinic, as I am Seiketsu no tatsujin at this chiropractic clinic. So, thus ends the trip report.

I suppose I should end some commentary with my recent drug use, I used some Kratom at 3 grams yesterday, and the day prior (Oct 4th 2019) I used phenylpiracetam at 130 mg as a productivity enhancer with a 0.5 mg dose of Etizolam to reduce some overstimulation I had experienced with the simultaneous ingestion of the phenylpiracetam with caffeine in the form of 2 cups of coffee. (I am all about productivity and performance enhancement) and my last use of triptamines was a 5 mg test of N,N,-methylisopropyltriptamine (MiPT fumarate) at a dose of 5 mg, 7 days ago.

It's been fun. Colour enhancement and slight visuals are still present, although at a very manageable level, and again as I said I am on the downward slope so there is not really much more to report, I have lots to do today.

I have planned another experience with 4-HO-DPT @ 100 mg in the future.

The next experiment will most likely be with lysergimides. Being either EIPLA or MIPLA @ 200 mcg.

So all of you Psychonauts out there, stay safe and have fun!

Last edited:
Interesting report, and I like how meticulous you are about monitoring your vitals. You didn't mention how your training was affected by the trip, however. Did you end up exercising as planned? Any effects on performance, positive or negative...? You don't see too much information about the effects of psychedelics on athletic performance - perhaps quite understandably - so I think this kind of information would be interesting to include. :)

Actually since I got called into the clinic for the cleaning, that took me wait until 10 p.m. so I didn't actually get to train. And the time that I would have been using for my training I used it to make some shelves for my new place downtown, I salvaged some 3/4 plywood from the dumpster and cut it into some very nice 14 inch shelves, one of them being 62-in, and two of them being 42 in for a 3-way shelf in the pantry with no shelf on the door side . I used the pole sander that you would use for sanding drywall to finish the wood nice and smoothly, and my girlfriend finished with a heavy grit to sand off the sharp 90-degree angles that were left by the skil saw. I've trained on psychedelics before and I actually really enjoy it. My best overhead press on LSD was 325 lb. That was an all-time personal record to be honest, I don't think the tail end of the 4-HO-DPT experience would have effected me much in terms of performance. But I suppose it is worth noting that there was an over all "dirty" feeling once I hit about the 7th hour, but it wasn't anything out of control. I'll just be aware that the metabolites might be a little less than desirable. Vs the feeling when Methylallyltryptamine wears off, I feel more of a glow sensation than a grime sensation in the body after smoking that particular base tript. If that makes sense?

I had to move the Press day to today. But aside from that I feel pretty normal today, no fog or hangover, I felt nice and stimulated for the rest of the day yesterday while I was cleaning the clinic, studying was really easy, it almost felt like a nootropic supplement. I don't know if that would be the same for everybody, but I have a lot of experience navigating to headspace, so I could probably take almost any psychedelic and go about normal day to day activities as long as the dose wasn't too high. I suppose it might be also worth noting that I cleaned the clinic so well that the owner threw me a text this morning and he said it not only does it look clean, but it feels clean everywhere. Spotless really. My insane approach to cleaning everything may have been fuelled a little bit by the tail end of the Psychedelic experience from this compound. But again I have to reiterate, studying went amazingly, I got through a lot of material and I have retained it today, the material I was studying was regarding the lines of division through the body and body cavities. The lines of division being frontal, sagittal, transverse, and oblique. Also there is parasagittal, and the compartments of the body are cranial, the vertebral column which is also in the same category I suppose. They were highlighted the same colour, the thoracic cavity, the abdominal cavity, and the abdominopelvic cavity. And I'm just rattling these off without looking at my notes, which means I remember them clearly, which is advantageous.