• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

72-Hour Party People / Meth: It's not just for the white-trash crowd

Fu(% these people make me sick.

What a complete waste of oxygen

The American Republic as we know it is about to fall and all these hipsters can do is binge on amps, jerk off, suck otter pops and go on cracked out junkets to Vegas.

I am so glad i have never touched that shite.

They are the definition of white trash, though some how the article implies that they are above it

Disgusting....

My doors are open I believe shabu has always been slang for meth. Ice has been slang for 4-MAR and meth which has led to some confusion over the years.

The American Republic as we know it is about to fall and all these hipsters can do is binge on amps, jerk off, suck otter pops and go on cracked out junkets to Vegas.

They are the definition of white trash, though some how the article implies that they are above it

Disgusting....

I have to agree on this one.....

glamorizing this "demon" is bunch of irresponsible bullshit.
i've gotta agree w/ time traveler and therapture on this one...

I have to agree on this one.....
Why? They're free to do whatever they want. You think people don't behave like this on other substances? As long as they don't hurt anyone, who cares what they do?
And no, I don't like any stimulants and I wouldn't(haven't) behaved like that on them.

As for whether the stories like this help or harm the legalization movement, I don't know. :\

Time traveler I don't see what your problem is, who did these users hurt during their binge other than themselves? I fail to see how your drug use is somehow more worthy than their just because you have a different DOC and obviously behave differently being intoxicated on a different substance.

People should have the right to use whatever drugs they want and if they want to go on cracked out trips to Vegas, jerk off and suck otter pops while enjoying a buzz who are we to say they can't?

How do you feel your own drug use is in any way more productive or above what these people are doing?

I do kind of agree with the people who said it's a shame. They spent a lot of money that could've gone toward helping other people out. I think there is a difference between buying an 8th of bud every week and spending thousands of dollars on a meth binge every month.

I do kind of agree with the people who said it's a shame. They spent a lot of money that could've gone toward helping other people out. I think there is a difference between buying an 8th of bud every week and spending thousands of dollars on a meth binge every month.

Bullshit. It's their money to spent on whatever the hell they want. Who are you to judge how they spend their time as long as they're not harming anyone else?

Disgusting....

I'd love to hear what amazing contributions to society you're making that puts you so far above these people.

By all accounts, all of the people in the article have good jobs and are self sufficient, if they want to spend their free money and their free time smoking speed and partying once or twice a month, why the fuck can't they?

Bullshit. It's their money to spent on whatever the hell they want. Who are you to judge how they spend their time as long as they're not harming anyone else?
For sure. I guess I should have said "I can see where these people are coming from". It is, in my opinion, better to donate some of that money than to get ridiculously high for three days generating what is essentially waste.

You can say that about anything though. Should I donate money and buy a cheaper dinner, a smaller computer screen, a slower car, a bigger phone, less drinks, less holidays, less books. Where do you draw the line? I don't see why their particular brand of recreational activity is less valid than any other.

If you can, why not? I'm not saying that I'm a saint or anything but I think most would agree that helping others out instead of binging on meth is probably a better thing to do.

whatever, I'm too tired and too drunk to launch into some diatribe about it, but I used to work in charity marketting and the leve of hypocritical, self righteous double standards some people hold is insane. Most modern charities are horribly ineffective when it comes to actually achieving anything, so when our entire social structure and lifestyle is what causes and perpetuates the problems people love to rail against, it's absurd to sit there and feel good about yourself because you give up your monday morning cheeseburger to donate $10 to red cross or whoever then jump right back into your polluting car wearing your sweat shop clothes and thinking you've just cancelled out the fact that our entire way of life is what causes poverty and pollution.

So fuck it, unless you're prepared to make a serious change of lifestyle, and stop living off the backs of the poor in the third world, then just save yourself the time and be honest that you don't give a fuck and do whatever you want with your time and your money, because it amounts to the same damn thing and at least you have the fortitude to admit to yourself that you're a part of the problem and don't care enough to become a part of the solution. Anything less is downright insulting to yourself and to the people you're supposedly 'helping'

^ Excellent post crankinit!

What I don't get is that you are assuming these people don't contribute any of their money to charities because they binge on meth once or twice a month. These people obviously have good jobs and you can't say whether they contribute any of teir money or their time for that matter to a good cause.

At the end of the day we all have things we enjoy and spend lots of money on, maybe you don't spend that much on meth but you spend it on fancy dinners or your brand new car or designer clothes? You can't judge these people based solely on the money having a possible better use without judging 99.9% of western society exactly the same.

What I don't get is that you are assuming these people don't contribute any of their money to charities because they binge on meth once or twice a month. These people obviously have good jobs and you can't say whether they contribute any of teir money or their time for that matter to a good cause.
That's true. I'm just extrapolating from what I've seen meth do to people in very short periods of time.

well written story of a good time had by all involved. MORE!!! i'd like to read about each gathering after it happens! wish there was a decent group of fellow members on the "Program" (as i like to call it) where i live. Instead I'm surrounded by compulsive "sketchinitions" who are doing a great job of ruining the scene for so many good peeps.

stimulants are a substance designed to enhance our capacities, superceding known potentials as our body works 4 -7 times it's average capacity... feats only seen in life or death circumstances. Hijacking this 'superhuman' capacity, could lead to advances in human evolution... The sad truth is, most users are uneducated - the hyper arousal state becomes a secondary addiction to stimulant addicts and little knowledge of how these substances deplete the biochemistry...

Enjoyable read... never been into Meth just the Rock and man its been crappy in Denver.

Last edited: