• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

7 days after my last oxy, still have the runs?

G

GotsTheRuns

So I'm very confused here. I was on opiates for 7 years, every day of my life. I decided to quit cold turkey last Thursday (one week down feel almost 100%) . Most of the "really bad" symptoms had resolved within 48 hours ( I read hour 72 is typical but it only took 48 for me-possibly because I was drinking a 24 pack of water daily and I usually drink a 12 pack on a normal day).. anyhow, I still have some cramps and diarreah. Is this normal? I thought this goes away a lot sooner. Could it be because I was taking murilax 2 cups full a day/ 2 100mg stool softeners? Maybe my body's freaking out because it's not getting either one of those? Should I have tapered off my miralax and stool soft softeners?! Freaking out over here. Please share your thoughts or experiences

i take it you needed the stool-softeners due to you taking opiates everyday for seven years. now you're not constipated from opioids, your body doesn't need them anymore.
so yeah, stop taking those, see if thatt helps.
but you were on opioids for quite an extended period of time, so some of the symptoms might hang around for a bit longer than usual.

yeah, that seems pretty normal. it will fuck with your body for at least a week.
but do stop taking stool softeners! that won't be helping.

congratulations thought - 7 years, and you jumped off cold turkey? that's super impressive. well done :)

Years ago I was taking 6 or 7 hydrocodon 7.5/325 per day for 3 years for back pain but not prescribed and I was hooked., then my supplier left and I unwillingly went cold turkey. Ten days of withdrawal and I did not miss it but like you had the runs. I took large doses of Imodium which slowed the runs down but still had horrible debilitating cramps. I had to stop at convenience stores on the way to work After several months I went to a doctor who prescribed a med which stopped the problem. Sorry I cannot remember the name of the med. Try OTC Imodium or the generic version. Stopping laxatives and stool softener has nothing to do with your problem. I hope you are doing better. Congrats on getting free.