• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

7,8 dihydroxyflavone

thinkforyourself

Greenlighter
My main question here is what is the deal with this substance. My current goal is to cure my HPPD and OCD and find something to ground me in reality aka mindfulness

This substance looks promising for quite a few brain issues, but there has been extensive studies on mice and zero on humans. Well here ya go human guinea pig right here. It mimics BDNF, crosses the BBB, TrKB agonist. Some brain healing and neuro plasticity potential? I believe this substance looks promising enough that I figured I’d write my experience as the ones I’ve found on reddit were pretty lame. Also I don’t know shit about science this stuff just interests me and I’m trying to heal my brain.

day one, 20mg orally, instant energy boost with an almost opiate like surge lasting 1min (placebo?), Energy boost, felt it easier to be mindful more grounded in reality tho not particularly sharp, found myself less nervous in pressure situations. Turned my leg bounce into a foot-tap (psychologists?), started thinking in “I” statements rather than “you’s” (psychologists?) ingested alcohol and the drunk was very pleasant tho less tolerant than usual but in a strange way as if I was getting all the good benefits of alcohol without the negative but worse motor function (turns out this is an inhibitor of some alcohol metabolizing enzyme aldehyde endeogense or somethin, some redditor claims). Can’t sleep

too bad data indicates that these sort of polyphenols etc have very poor ADMET characteristics and as a reault poor drug kinetics

Last edited:
Yeah, as your third reference indicates they started to develop a prodrug for it,but sekio is right, polyphenols still have issues.

20 mg orally I can't imagine all that much. Maybe sublingual. I tried it (ND) but didn't notice much. Could have been nocebo because my friend didn't notice much either. I'll be curious to see where TrkB agonists and other neurotrophic factor mimetics go.