• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

7,8 dihydroxyflavone (7,8 DHF)

jammin83

Bluelighter
Been doing a little reading on this and it seems that it might be useful for neurogenesis and depression. Seems its a TrkB agonist. hoping it will help with my brain damage and ease some depression.

Study: http://pubs.acs.org/....1021/jm101206p

Seems its pretty available now but can't find a ton of information on it.

Is this safe to be snorting regularly? or combine with gabapentin?

Flavones and friends are not to be snorted, they're going to have poor water solubility.

AFAICT any of these flavone type compounds are metabolically labile and not good "drugs".

ah ok. sounded promising I thought. confusing bc I thought that it had poor oral BA according to some things I read but the study was talking oral? mainly people were reporting the best effects from snorting? idfk.

I thought this might be related to some new ADs I have been hearing about and was appealing because of how quickly it starts working.

ill just stick to what i know for now. I think the world could use some better ADs tho.

hey, sorry to bump an old thread, but according to wikipedia 78DHF prevents methamphetamine neurotoxicity. Would this be good to combine with MDA or MDMA to produce a safer experience?

TrkB agonists look interesting. But it seems that the agonist would have to be selective in its action, because there are two populations of TrkB, a low and a high affinity binding site. The former is involved in triggering apoptosis, whilst the high affinity population is involved in neurogenesis.