View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous 7.5g PE Mushrooms + MDMA

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Hey everyone, just looking for some tips quick. I tripped last weekend on mushrooms and LSD at the same time (literally 7 days ago exactly). And wanted to trip again tonight as it's basically my last night of drugs for a while.

I like to trip alone in the dark with headphones on. I'd say I'm very experienced with LSD and shrooms, but this would be the largest dose of shrooms I've taken.

I know there will be some tolerance from last weekend, but that is what it is. So I have my set up ready to go, made my shake already, but my link gave me a clean MDMA pill as well and recommended to take it after the peak of the shrooms.

I've candy flipped before, but never hippy flipped. I don't know the exact MDMA content, but I know they are clean and pretty strong from Pillreports so I'm going to split it in half.

Now my question is. Do you agree with taking it after the peak of the shrooms? I kind of want to do this as I like a pure shroom trip. I know there is some synergy, but I'm going to be squirming around in bed, so would like to know any tips on keeping myself occupied because obviously, the MDMA is gonna keep me up and feeling good, but I'm gonna be alone and still tripping balls. I might just play this by ear depending on how I feel unless anyone has anything fun I can set up beforehand in my environment.

Just to note, I have benzos at hand and have made a very small capsule of oxycodone in case things go really south. Plus a fridge of beers. But I've tripped well over 50-60 times and never had any issues. I MIGHT drop 10-20g of diazepam before, though.

Any tips would be great as I'm gonna be ready to go in under an hour.

That diazepam is gonna significantly numb the trip most likely so I personally woul be avoifding that.

7.5g PE is a strong dose, a great dose I'd say. Agian, were it me I'd be just taking the shrooms with a beer or two/some cannabis at comdown. I'm a bit of a psychadelic puritan though hwo really prefers hois psyches unadulterated

The acid/mdma combo is best when the mdma consumed after the acid peak, say at hour 5 or so. Take it at same time then you're coming down from the mdma while tripping heavily still which can be difficult

Given shrooms only last say 60% as long as lsd I'd be tempted to take the mdma just say 2 hours into the shrooms, or after the peak as you've been advised.

Again though - I wouldn't want mdma contaminating my psilocybin personally...that mushroom comedown is a beautiful space as it is

Have a beautiful day

That diazepam is gonna significantly numb the trip most likely so I personally woul be avoifding that.
It was not uncommon for me to dose 2mg alprazolam along with whatever psychedelic I was taking, usually whenever I dosed large.

Personally I never found it to dull any trip to a degree in which I was disappointed or anything.

It was not uncommon for me to dose 2mg alprazolam along with whatever psychedelic I was taking, usually whenever I dosed large.

Personally I never found it to dull any trip to a degree in which I was disappointed or anything.
each to their own - it's highly likely that the alpraz did dull things however (as that's what it's been proven to do) - but you'll never know!

plenty like their benzos with their psyches though for sure - I find they dull my afterglow and seems to make the whole experience less medicinal for me, but ofc ymmv as always

Sweet, well I'll avoid any additional benzos (more than my maintenance dose taken this morning).

I just got em as backup, and nice and easy to access as last week I think it was Verbal who said k hole whilst on 300ug Acid and 3.5g shrooms, which I did but didn't have any lines racked out, and I literally couldn't see the baggy really because the visuals were so intense or the powder so just had to empty it out and could kind of see it and just filled the nose 😅 (Thanks @VerbalTruist ).

Any recommendations on activities after dropping the pill? Usually after the peak of the shrooms, I can see pretty well so maybe do some fun stuff on the laptop. AKA try and write in the Discord group.

@throwdow 7.5g is a ridiculous dose, especially Penis Envy. You’re better off ditching the diazepam and taking only a couple grams. Have you ever taken that much before?

Also, your tolerance from tripping a week ago has likely not fully reset. I’d strongly suggest waiting a few days.

With all due respect, benzos are used as tripkillers for a reason.

Most of the best/strongest trips of my life I also took benzos and still had life changing visuals and experiences :shrug: honestly once I started tripping I completely forgotten I had taken a benzo. I'm talking about substantial doses, not low stuff.

APs on the other hand absolutely kill a trip immediately and completely.

I think calling benzos a "trip killer" is overstated. They don't interact pharmacologically, it doesn't stop the trip by any means, just makes it more comfortable.

Just my anecdotal experience, though.

I'd also like to point out that when I am on LSD or whatever I can drink INSANE amounts of alcohol and never feel drunk nor does it dull the high (as H.S.T. states in the book version of Fear and Loathing, "Drinking whiskey to take the edge off the hallucinations"). If anything, it made the trip stronger. Alcohol also seems to specifically potentiate DMT in a rather uncomfortable way. But to state what may or not be obvious, alcohol effects a lot more than just GABAa.

Last edited:
@throwdow 7.5g is a ridiculous dose, especially Penis Envy. You’re better off ditching the diazepam and taking only a couple grams. Have you ever taken that much before?

Also, your tolerance from tripping a week ago has likely not fully reset. I’d strongly suggest waiting a few days.

It's a very strong dose, but I wouldn't say ridiculous given that OP has said he's a "very experienced" tripper. I wouldn't be combining with mdma at that kinda dose though - but plenty enjoy it

I would regularly have equivalent of around 10g uk liberty caps and have fantastic times...which is equivalent to 7.5g PE I'd say. We'd often push the dose up to 15g, up to 20g once or twice. (We didn't weigh them then - we'd pick the shrooms and then brew them into tea within 48 hours) I'm basing the above on 40 dried liberty caps to a gram. Our standard dose for a strong trip would be 200-250, but we'd regularly go up to 400-600 no problem.

Obviously set and setting gotta be spot on for that level of exploration, and it's only for th experienced I'd advise (which OP is)

He's likely already dosed - will look forward to hearing how it went!

Don't benzos have a dulling effect per definition? The GABA neurotransmitter is specifically there to weaken brain signals?
Goes entirely against the point of psychedelics imo and experience. No judgement though, everyone is different.

Hope the trip is going well dude

Which "brain signals"?
I don't know, from google:
Because GABA is the fundamental neurotransmitter for inhibiting neuronal firing, its function is determined by the neural circuit that it is inhibiting. It is involved in complex circuits throughout the central nervous system. For example, GABA is released by striatal neurons in both the direct and indirect pathways projecting to the globus pallidus, which in turn extends GABA neurons to other brain areas, inhibiting unwanted motor signals. Another example is that GABA signaling in the medulla is involved in the maintenance of respiratory rate. Increased GABA signaling reduces the respiratory rate. A third example is found in the spinal cord, where GABA serves in the inhibitory interneurons. These neurons help to integrate excitatory proprioceptive signals, allowing for the spinal cord to integrate sensory information and create smooth movements.

I'll act like I understand all of these things.

When I take benzos, my brain works slower, much slower. In my limited experience with benzos and psychedelics together, it drastically changes the trip but due to the nature of benzos it can go somewhat unnoticed at the time itself. But like I said, no judgement at all and I can definitely respect that there can be greater recreational or even therapeutic potential for some. I just don't buy that it doesn't blunt psychedelics, taking APs out of the conversation it feels like the exact opposite.

I don't know about everyone else, but I can have some odd paradoxical reactions to certain benzos. Diazepam and Etizolam stick out for me. They can make me quite manic and energetic for some reason, other benzos don't have this reaction for me. I don't know why.

But I have taken both benzos and APs with psychedelics dozens of times, and benzos do not block anything for me. I have never tripped with benzos and thought "wow benzos killed this trip".

I personally lean towards it being a psychological phenomenon more than pharmacological. (benzos killing trips)

The show must go on. 2 barrels of med grade k being dehydrated. You know you're lazy when you hire a driver to drive to the pharmacy for you, then pay the guards of the building to bring it to your room.