View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

6mg 25C-NBOMe Doseage - Dangerous?

MyFaceBurns

Greenlighter
My friend has done 25C-NBOMe twice before. The first time he did 1mg, the second 4mg and now, right now, he's doing 6mg. I'm a bit worried because I've heard of how unpredictable the drug is in terms of its danger; deaths happening despite widely varying doses being the main issue. What's the rough likelihood he's in danger? Note that the 4mg made him forget who he was. I'm not sure if that's relevant.

It's recommended to stay below 2mg, and even that's a strong dose. People have died from taking just 2-3 tabs, so doing 6mg is anything but safe.

Yes, potentially dangerous.

How often is he doing this?

The NBOMe series is known to be more dangerous than other psychedelic drug families. High doses can easily result in severe reactions such as seizures and HPPD. It is possible to get away with high doses because the mental component of the trip is mild so it may not feel as intense as other psychedelics even though there are powerful visuals. In order to try and overcome this some users take several doses to get a more intense/spiritual experience. While this does work for some, for others this is where the serious side-effects emerge.

As a result of this it is recommended that if you are seeking an intense experience, something more than eye candy, you select a different psychedelic with a higher natural intensity and better safety record such as 2C-E or LSD.

It is strongly advised that users do not take more than 1.5 doses of this drug, with one dose generally agreed to be 0.9 mg (900 ug).

Insufflating doses further increases the risk.

He did the 1mg and 4mg within two weeks of each other in April. He hasn't done any more since today. He's had a lot experience with psychedelics but he says he likes NBOMes especially as it gives him a sense of confusion that he oddly likes. He seems all right so far. Doesn't look like he's feeling much yet so hopefully he'll be all right.

That is extremely dangerous. Also, the reason the 4mg possibly wasn't that bad for him was because of the rapidly building tolerance the NBOMe series has. That was in April. It's now 2 months later - that tolerance is surely gone yet he has decided to up the dose.

Please look after him and give any updates on the situation.

I thought tolerance went completely after 1-2 weeks? My friend did the 4mg 11 days after the 1mg so the tolerance would be pretty low. He's getting quite anxious and confused. It's worrying. Even more-so now that I've read through the thread.

Last edited:
He's read through the thread and he's pretty scared now. I recommended him not to. Are people having bad trips dangerous?

Last edited:
That was probably irresponsible to let someone read something like that after they've already taken it...

If someone has already taken a substance, the best you can do is look after them and make sure they are safe - not tell them there is a possibility of something bad happening.

Yeah would have been better not reading it. Do you have access to a heart monitor? You could monitor it and get help if it gets too high. If not, try to take his temperature periodically, or at worst case feel his forehead. If he's heating up, get help. If you think it looks bad and not just like anxiety, get help. People have died from quite a bit lower, of course there are also many cases of people being fine.

I hope your friend learns a lesson about being reckless, assuming of course he's okay. Please stay with him the whole time and keep very close watch on his symptoms.

I don't have a heart monitor but I just checked with my hand and it's pretty high. About 25 in 10 seconds. Is that dangerously high? What if that was to last for 5 hours? Doesn't seem to be heating up. He's out of it but is pretty passive now oddly. Looks to be enjoying it in a really deranged way.

Last edited:
Every hour or so check his heart rate. If you have a phone it probably has a stop clock - either that or use a watch. Check how many times his heart beats within a full 60 seconds.

Check if his heart rate also seems to be irregular too. For example beat beat skip beat skip skip skip beat beat skip beat beat beat.

If at any point they feel too warm, just either stand by an open window or stand outside if you're in an area where someone tripping outside isn't likely to be a problem...

Get them water if they need it, but not too much! A glass an hour (if necessary) is sufficient. Less would also likely be more than enough.

Which country do you live in by the way?

161 in a minute at the moment. It's not irregular. He just drunk some fucking mouthwash and wailed something about thirst so I've gotten him a drink. He drunk it all immediately and has gone for more. I live in the UK.

It's not alarming, things get worrying over 180-190 :
heart-rate-zones1.png

(it's also a good idea to check for arrhythmia.)

The panic factor seems to play a large role in MBOMe bad trip story. Try to reassure him and stay in confidence despite the possible paranoia/confusion.

What is it that compels people to take such high NBOMe dosages??

Watch over your friend and make sure he doesn't have a seizure. Good luck.

tell your friend not to do it. Also tell him to trip once a month so his tolerance isn't high enough where it enables him to even consider such a dose of a known dangerous compound (if handled improperly).

If he can't resist, have a strong atypical antipsychotic as well as benzo's in case of emergency if/when things get out of control. Really though, just don't even do a high dose again regardless. Did he know about the deaths from NBOME overdoses as well as the dose response curve (ask later not now8(? High NBOME tolerance might allow some to get away with higher than normal doses, but then your tolerance is going to ruin trips for the next month or longer.

No alcohol or energy drinks btw. I can't recall what other restrictions could apply , but please read a bit more about these before considering them.

Since the question wasn’t answered elsewhere in the thread: tolerance to NBOMes is mostly gone after 2-3 weeks but takes 4 weeks to fade to nothing.

I hope your friend is ok and has learnt from this experience. It is crucial to do plenty of research on a substance before taking it. It is not kept secret that this is a high risk drug with a suggested dose well below 2mg.

For those suggesting physical monitoring; that’s all good and well but generally NBOMes seem to cause neurological harm rather than physical issues like high blood pressure and heart rate. HR monitoring might seem like it would help but if there is serious concern then this is not going to cut it and an ambulance should be called.

He should probably look around for another psychedelic that is relatively safe physically if he wants to go to the upper regions. Or of course learn not to abuse these materials.

IIRC, it is not okay to have such a high heartrate (maybe even 160) if it continues to be like that for a while, say a reasonable portion of the trip's duration. But yeah it's okay to have a high heartrate for a short while.
It also all depends on your condition I think.

Good points in the other posts, plenty of reasons to avoid NBOMe compounds most of all if you can't keep the dosage modest.

He was seriously confused and disorientated, completely erratic. Seems to be okay today though. Nothing bad happened last night luckily. Thank you for all your advice.