• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

60mg morphine sulfate vs 10mg oxy

Weezyboy23

Greenlighter
so recently my doctor has changed my prescription from morphine 60mg er to oxy 10s with the change I haven't been able to keep my pain under control with the 60mg morphine ER I only had to take 1 every 12 hours and now I find myself with the oxy having to take extra just to control my pain... When I wake up I feel like i have the cold until 10 when start my pill cycle and that only latest 1 to 3 hours on a good day!!! I don't know what to do!!! I'm new to pills I've never had to take pills so I don't know how they work or how MG or what helps and what doesn't please and thanks in advance.

Talk to your doctor and tell him/her about how the oxy is not working for your pain management and that the old medication you were on did work. Stay safe.

I just went through the same change only I went from 30mg morph to 30mg oxys. Are you prescribed to take the oxys at the same rate as the morph?

Orally, oxy is twice the strength as morphine, you shouldve been prescribed 30mgs, also im assuming you were given the instant release, these are much shorter acting, hence the need to redose sooner...

- Hopeless Soul

I agree with 7nos, based on the amount of morph you were taking, your doctor should have prescribed a higher dose of oxy. There's also an extended release form of oxy out there called OP which comes in different doses. This would give you longer pain relief than a 10 mg IR oxy. It may be that your doctor doesn't feel comfortable prescribing that high of a dose of morph. Ask him/her about OP, they might be open to that.