• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids 600mg codeine didn't get me high?

Status
Not open for further replies.

isaaccain

Bluelighter
Hey,

So I took 300mg of codeine (phosphate), and then about 45 minutes later swallowed 40mg of promethazine. I know that I should've probably waited until I first began to feel the effects of the codeine to get the promethazine synergy effects as it may or may not be an inhibitor of the enzyme that converts codeine into C6G, but I wasn't really taking the promethazine for the potentiation purposes. Of course potentiation is a plus, but I'm actually very allergic to codeine, so I was taking the promethazine to combat the allergy symptoms like rash and my throat closing up.

After taking the promethazine I got in the car with my mom to drive up to see my nephew. I began to feel itchy and hot towards the end of the 20 minute drive, just over an hour after taking the codeine and very soon after taking the promethazine. By the time I'd gotten into the house I was red all over and quite itchy - but I didn't feel high.
Later (about 3 hours after first dose) I took another 300mg. I didn't get as hot, but the allergy was still there, as were the rest of the side effects. My pupils where really quite small, but still not really high. I then lay in my bed and watched George Carlin, and felt quite a strong nod, but still not really high.

It would be quite an overstatement to say that I'm experienced with opiates, having tried only three, but I want to raise the question of tolerance. I've probably used codeine about 3 times in the past few weeks before this occasion. All were CWEs and either a 150(ish)mg dose or a 300(ish)mg dose. This was not a CWE, and the pills are prescribed to my dad from whom I stole them, they're 30mg codeine phosphate IR.

I really don't understand why I didn't get really high. 600mg of codeine is a lot for someone with a minor opiate tolerance, and I barely got high. Is it the promethazine blocking the metabolism or am I just a low metaboliser?

I guess it's worth it to say that I was once addicted to codeine and my tolerance got to the point where about 390mg w/ no promethazine didn't get me high, but I stopped and was clean for about 4 months

Last edited:
We don't allow threads that are about helping you get high. Please read through the BLUA and OD guidelines. Also, it's not a good idea to be taking codeine if youre really allergic to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.