• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

6 weeks into comedown (anxiety/ED/tingling sensation in feet) following first time MDMA use

AlpineGrubber

Greenlighter
Hi all,

Tried MDMA for the first time on January 16th, 2020. Dosed 150 mg, then 150 mg again 2 hours later. I felt an initial positive feeling (or afterglow) for about 8 days until I experienced a panic attack while smoking weed. Since then, I have had feelings of anxiety, depression, not recognizing myself, and most persistently, erectile dysfunction and tingling sensation in my feet, particularly when working out.

I’d say the feelings of anxiety/depersonalization have gotten better, but have seen 0 improvement in my ED/tingling symptoms. Hoping to hear the insights of those here. Thanks :)

Well, I'm not a medical professional but ED and tingling in your feet may be indicative of blood flow or blood pressure problems or nerve damage, neither of which would be caused by MDMA as far as I know....I mean, not after a single use of a rather normal amount anyway.
Come to think of it, ED can be caused by anxiety as well...and just generally by psychological issues.

Glad to see you're doing better otherwise.

This whole LTC thing seems weird to me.....I don't remember this ever being a problem back in my frequent MDMA use days (mid 2000s)....might it have something to do with product quality?

I do remember weed triggering anxiety problems in myself on its own so that may be that.....this would also have been around the time I first started using MDMA...I fully attributed that to the weed though because that's what weed can do rather well: cause anxiety problems.

If it was a full blown panic attack that is more likely the reason it looks like? (Not a doctor but it seems strange that after eight days the MDMA would cause those symptpms?)

Now do you think the anxiety from weed is trying to teach you something?

I am just thinking it is prescribed for anxiety isn't it?

I don't think cannabis can hurt you in the way you describe but I am no medical professional.

Did it exacerbate an underlying issue? That was there before you took the MDMA? Maybe it wasn't known to you before. Perhaps you have developed a problem you didn't have before Idk but be careful taking anymore of anything until you understand it more?

One more thing. Not sure how many doctors locally would be open minded talking about ecstasy use but you could try an urgent care where they don't keep a file on you at least not that will make you seem strange to them if they are biased about what drugs people take.

I can't recommend any drugs for your anxiety as I only know ones that could make you really dependent on them. I mean some that I know of do. I don't feel it is my place to say hey drop some XYZ and really open up and dissolve those issues.

Last edited:
It was not caused by the MDMA or you would have been fucked up starting the same day as the MDMA trip, probably while still high on the MDMA.

your issue has been caused by weed, but lets not get caught up in pointing fingers. The end result is the same thing, no matter what substance or action started the ball rolling.

I'm glad I caught you while you are still in the early phases because as time goes on, this issue actually becomes worse before it gets better. If you can attempt to treat it in the beginning part it might not get as bad.

I've had anxiety all my life and my anxiety was turnt up (yae yeee lol) really bad when I got my first panic attack. The issue isnt even the drugs, the drugs just start the issue, its the panic attacks that destroy your health and nervous system.

what has always healed my anxiety is a couple months of disciplined health routine. I wake up early and do sprints, I eat healthy, I visit friends daily, journal about my feelings, talk to support groups, and absolutely essential is a structured and daily workout routine, daily spiritual routine, and connection to others.

anytime my anxiety gets bad (panic attacks, general anxiety, existential dread, etc) I do the same routine.

H
It was not caused by the MDMA or you would have been fucked up starting the same day as the MDMA trip, probably while still high on the MDMA.

your issue has been caused by weed, but lets not get caught up in pointing fingers. The end result is the same thing, no matter what substance or action started the ball rolling.

I'm glad I caught you while you are still in the early phases because as time goes on, this issue actually becomes worse before it gets better. If you can attempt to treat it in the beginning part it might not get as bad.

I've had anxiety all my life and my anxiety was turnt up (yae yeee lol) really bad when I got my first panic attack. The issue isnt even the drugs, the drugs just start the issue, its the panic attacks that destroy your health and nervous system.

what has always healed my anxiety is a couple months of disciplined health routine. I wake up early and do sprints, I eat healthy, I visit friends daily, journal about my feelings, talk to support groups, and absolutely essential is a structured and daily workout routine, daily spiritual routine, and connection to others.

anytime my anxiety gets bad (panic attacks, general anxiety, existential dread, etc) I do the same routine.

Hey mate, thanks very much for your reply. Outside of the marijuana use, I’d consider myself an extremely healthy and routined individual. I don’t drink, don’t use any other drugs. I workout with daily cardio in the early AM as well as aerobic weight circuits prior to bed time. I eat extremely clean, keep track of my macros, and stay disciplined from poor foods. I’d say the mdma use has actually helped me keep a more positive mindset about the negative things that affect me in life. The only change I’ve made since the anxiety/depression set in from the marijuana (or whatever the cause may be) is stop using marijuana. I’ve been completely substance free for 7 weeks now.

I’d honestly say the physical feeling of anxiety is not as potent anymore, but what keeps me concerned is my lowered sex drive and erectile dysfunction. The blood vessels seem ok since sometimes I can manage a decent erection, maybe 90%, but the vast majority of the time this isn’t possible. I’ve been reading literature on the physiological response of lab animal brains to MDMA use, and generally just concerned that I’ve caused some long-lasting, if not permanent damage.

I’ll close this by saying that I am grateful to mdma for giving me this experience, since I’ve been able to now be completely free from all substances because of it, but I would start to regret if these symptoms persist. I do look forward to a sober lifestyle for a long-time, if not permanently.

and generally just concerned that I’ve caused some long-lasting, if not permanent damage.

I’ll close this by saying that I am grateful to mdma for giving me this experience, since I’ve been able to now be completely free from all substances because of it, but I would start to regret if these symptoms persist. I do look forward to a sober lifestyle for a long-time, if not permanently.

That is a manifestation of anxiety. The thought about permanent damage. Instead of believing it, just label the thougtht as anxiety and do some deep belly breathing.

Congrats on the improvements in your life by the way.