6.6 ~ Starscape Music & Arts Festival ~ Baltimore, MD

I had a great time, as usual. Spent more time wandering around checking out the different stages which proved difficult because there were a TON of people there this year. It keeps getting more and more crowded.

My faves of the night:
Hot Pink Deloreon (wow!)
Stanton Warriors
Ludachrist (After they finished setting up. The nonsense beforehand pretty fucking awful though. What was up with that shit?)

Caught some of Monsters of Jungle and Evol Intent, which were also pretty good. I'd say the music this year was better than many years past.

I had a great time, as usual. Spent more time wandering around checking out the different stages which proved difficult because there were a TON of people there this year. It keeps getting more and more crowded.

Ludachrist (After they finished setting up. The nonsense beforehand pretty fucking awful though. What was up with that shit?)

I for one found the banter between evol intent and killthenoise before ludachrist was finished setting up to be hysterical. "If you like to smoke crack make noise!" The band before them was a full 9 piece ensemble, it took them forever to undo all their equipment and forever for ludachrist to set up, hence why everyone was wicked pissed when they cut them off. They were killing it!

All in all despite the what felt like millions of people there I managed to have an unbelievable time. I know this because I have no pictures, and the sun came up before I knew it. Best set of night imo goes to bassnectar who absolutely destroyed it. Monsters of jungle winner was Ewun, everytime he stepped behind the decks he outshined who ever went before or after him.

That's weird, where did my post go?

The banter was amusing for maybe 5 mins but after that I couldn't take it. Maybe it was the psychs in my system and not knowing WTF was going on.

Sad I missed bassnectar. I didn't realize he was on that early.

Oh and while hot pink delorean was my favorite, the mc talking shit to the crowd really annoyed me. Get over yourself.

That was some pretty epic times. I don't go to too many raves these days, and for my first one in many months, I couldn't have asked for more, in terms of music, people, vibes, or brain candies.

That's weird, where did my post go?

There was a topic report made on another post (not yours) in which some discussion of pill types available at the event was occurring. Some posts discussing drugs at the event were removed (not by me, I swear). I think yours got accidentally lost in the shuffle so I reapproved it. You should see it now.

Just a quickie reminder to everyone that it's probably best not to talk about what specific types of drugs and specific details on presence/type of law enforcement were at the event. :)

I am glad everyone had an awesome time! MDAO, I am really kicking myself for not going this year, cuz in addition to missing the hell out of the gang back east I really want to meet you someday. Seems that the years I don't go there always ends up being a special guest star.

Squeaks, if you read this in time, good luck on the interview!

This thread is making me all plurry :)

thanks for looking out for the members moderators :)

anyway.. did anyone else get disgusted seeing all the parents bringing BABIES, IN STROLLERS to the event?!?! I swear these people shouldn't be allowed.. or put an age requirement!

unconfirmed, but Knick from ludachrist has stated that they will be on the mainstage for SS 10. holler.

niiiiice, hopefully they don't have to beg for monitors this time :D

I was unable to attend. I am going to all good instead, and throwing a free beach party on the fourth of july.... Does anyone have any sets from the festival or videos they could share?

I was unable to attend. I am going to all good instead, and throwing a free beach party on the fourth of july.... Does anyone have any sets from the festival or videos they could share?

http://www.djleko.com/StarScape.htm

http://www.djleko.com/mixes/Leko_Live_at_StarScape_2009.mp3

1 - Carbon Parlour - We Would Like (Leko Re-Edit) [Jack Union]
2 - DJ Falcon - Untitled (Leko Re-Edit) [Roule]
3 - Sly & the Family Stone - Dance To The Music (Leko Re-Edit) [Epic]
4 - Jack Beats - What (Leko Re-Edit) [Cheaper Thrills]
5 - Frank Ski - Hyped Beat Box [DECO]
6 - Mojo Jones - Bmore Hustla (Leko Re-Edit) [unreleased]
7 - Krazy B - Hand Clap (Leko Re-Edit) [Unruly]
8 - Ivan Allard - Sound of Silence (Tom EQ S.O.S. Remix) [Freek]
9 - Santiago & Bushido - Can't Be Wrong [Potty Mouth]
10 - Rockwell D - You Can't Cool (Scott Cooper Remix) [Potty Mouth]
11 - FlipSquad - Baby (Leko Re-Edit) [Nervous]
12 - Mr. Oizo - Positif (Leko Re-Edit)[Because]
13 - Dave Spoon - Lummox [Televizion]
14 - Samantha Box - Sweet Harmony (Leko Re-Edit) [unreleased]
15 - 3rd Face - Canto della Liberta (KINK Remix) (Leko Re-Edit) [Classic]
16 - Shab Ruffcut - Twist (Stupid Fresh Remix) [Dandy Kid]
17 - Keith MacKenzie - Bruk Shut Pure (Electric Soulside Remix) [?]
18 - B.Rich - Ain't Here To Party (AC Slater Remix) [Palms Out]
19 - 2 Bad Mice - Bombscare (Leko Re-Edit) [Moving Shadow]
20 - Ivan Allard - Bring the House Down (Jo Kira Mix) [Freek]
21 - Jackinori - Freak Y'all [Static Jack]
22 - Electric Soulside - Insane Inside (Kelevra Remix) [Potty Mouth]
23 - Dave Spoon - At Night (Leko Re-Edit) [Superstar]
24 - Ursula 1000 - Zombies (HiJack Remix) (Leko Re-Edit) [ESL]
25 - Lee Mortimer - Putto [Dubsided]
26 - WoNK - Work This (Leko Re-Edit) [?]
27 - Terry Mullan - Is This Acid? (Leko Re-Edit) [Communique]
28 - Jo Kira - Stilettos (Original Mix) [Venga Digital]
29 - Workidz & Randall - Delta 51 (Leko Re-Edit) [Toolroom]
30 - Wolfgang Gartner - The Grey Agenda (Leko Re-Edit) [Kindergarten]
31 - Frank Ski - Sportsbar [DECO]
32 - Rektchordz - No Dice (Electric Soulside Remix) (Leko Re-Edit) [Erase]
33 - D-Unity & Richard Dinsdale - Monday Evils [Toolroom]
34 - Leko vs Bag Lady - Decoder Ring (Charles Feelgood Remix) [Tharsis - 6/23/09]
*** (also on Moist Music: Charles Feelgood - How Sweet It Is)
35 - Say What (A.K.A. Sanchez & the Shockers) - Synth Machine (Leko Re-Edit) [Tharsis - Summer 2009]
36 - Klute - Machines Do The Work (Leko Re-Edit) [Commercial Suicide]
37 - DJ Fixx - Bassbin (Leko Re-Edit) [?]
38 - Human Resource - Dominator (Leko Remix) (Leko Re-Edit) [CRUX]
39 - Kelevra - Jak Muzik (Micky Slim Remix) (Leko Re-Edit) [Fidget Kingdom]
40 - AC Slater - Jack Got Jacked (Jack Beats Remix) [Palms Out]
41 - Aquilaganja - Typical (The Incredible Melting Man Remix) (Leko Re-Edit) [Champion Beats]
42 - Blatta & Inesha - Blow Up (HiJack Remix) [Mantra Vibes]
43 - The Octopus - TKO (Leko Remix) (Leko Re-Edit) [Metronix - Summer 2009]
44 - Tom EQ - I Need You (HiJack Remix) (Leko Re-Edit) [Jack Union]
45 - Leko - Crux For Me [CRUX Blanc - Summer 2009]
46 - Uncle Jesse - Lanville (Original Mix) (Leko Re-Edit) [Tharsis - Summer 2009]

Jay Selway

http://www.jayselway.com/djmixes/Jay_Selway-Starscape2009.mp3