Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

5mg Psilocin Smoked.

Didgital

Moderator: PD
Staff member
So I don't usually write trip reports on bluelight but I believe that some of you may find this interesting, albeit there is not a lot of detail due to such a low dose. I'm sure plenty of BLers have attempted to smoke mushrooms and been quite disappointed in the effects (do I feel anything?) as well as ruining a perfectly good pipe. Well, it turns out that psilocin itself is active via inhalation. I'm not sure it's the best ROA however, I was expecting the effects to be quite strong based on its oral bioavaility.

Tiny bit of backstory. This past month has been a weird time in my life and I have been experimenting with smoking different tryptamines. I started this recent bender smoking 5-MeO-MIPT which I am very comfortable with. A few nights later I tried smoking 5-MeO-DIPT and definitely had a stronger experience than I was expecting. It was also very visual which surprised me.

One morning I woke quite suddenly a little hungover at 4 am. I felt very awake, and that I probably wouldn't be able fall back asleep. I looked through my stash of goodies and settled on psilocin, just to see if it works. Yes it's true psilocin hemifumarate, NOT 4-AcO-DMT. I respect the shit out the compound orally, 15mg felt just as powerful as an 100mg DMT/ayahuasca trip. My recent trips with the 5-MeO-xxxx lead me to approach this cautiously in case there is a delayed come up as is the case with the 5-meo-MIPT/DIPT compounds. They're kind of easy to overdo because of that.

So I placed approximately 5mg onto a glass pipe sandwiched between cannabis and took one slow deep toke and set the pipe down. Well the effects were almost instantaneous unlike the Foxy or Moxy, and I was surprised because more than anything, it felt like DMT. That same relaxing warm bodybuzz that always starts on the back of my neck and spreads over my back. Things instantly got very colorful as well, but I did not dose high enough to get any patterning or textural distortion. I chose to not take another toke, because I was worried about a potential delayed comeup, but as far as I can tell, it is a pretty rapid onset. The worst thing about this report though is i can't recall the duration. I know at some point I got up and made myself a vodka lemonade. I lay back down in bed to observe the effects more and maybe it was the vodka maybe it was the tryptamine body high but I fell asleep. What I do remember is that i felt the substance for at least an hour but I think it seemed to fade much more quickly than say Foxy or Moxy, although it could have been the dose. Eventually, I'll probably give it another go and report with more details. All I can really say right now is it works. And yes I know it's not good to smoke fumarates.

TLDR yes you can smoke psilocin.

Last edited:
v interesting thanks

no surprise re the dmt similarity though given how close they are molecular struturally - I remember the very peak of intense 10-15g shroom trips being almost identical to vaped nn.dmt

v interesting thanks

no surprise re the dmt similarity though given how close they are molecular struturally - I remember the very peak of intense 10-15g shroom trips being almost identical to vaped nn.dmt
Since I wrote this today, I've actually wondered if smoking the psilocin could cause it to thermally degrade directly into DMT. The only difference I could think of was duration, but otherwise it felt DAMN similar

Thanks for the report. :) I'm not too surprised that it does work despite what people say. I've smoked 4-HO-EPT successfully and I've heard good things about smoking 4-HO-MPT. I also have enjoyed smoking 4-AcO-MET and 4-AcO-DET but I figured that comparison wasn't as directly relevant as 4-hydroxytryptamines. I wouldn't be surprised if it's not the most efficient route, but it definitely can supply you with an active dosage at least.

I also think mushrooms and DMT are very similar just in general, although I do feel that I can tell the difference. At the level of intensity you described here though, I'm not at all shocked that they would be basically identical. I bet they'll diverge more as your dosage increases. Looking forward to what you'll have to say if and when you try it!

Thanks for the report. :) I'm not too surprised that it does work despite what people say. I've smoked 4-HO-EPT successfully and I've heard good things about smoking 4-HO-MPT. I also have enjoyed smoking 4-AcO-MET and 4-AcO-DET but I figured that comparison wasn't as directly relevant as 4-hydroxytryptamines. I wouldn't be surprised if it's not the most efficient route, but it definitely can supply you with an active dosage at least.

I also think mushrooms and DMT are very similar just in general, although I do feel that I can tell the difference. At the level of intensity you described here though, I'm not at all shocked that they would be basically identical. I bet they'll diverge more as your dosage increases. Looking forward to what you'll have to say if and when you try it!
I've since spoken with a friend who reads tons of TRs and he told me that plenty of people have tried inhalation of 4 subs, and also that people report that it works, but is not the most efficient.

I totally concur the same for 4-ho-DMT, I thought 5 mg was going to be pretty strong, but that was based on a 15mg oral experience. Fortunately it was quite gentle at 5mg.

While I'll probably try again, I think for this compound oral is generally the way to go. Unless boofing tryptamine salts is a thing?