• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

5htp vs Celexa

President_Red

Bluelighter
Okay this is a question for the people that have taken either one or better both. A little background on why I'm curious from about October to the end of january I was going on binges of ecstasy and occasional tiny binges of meth and tripped on acid 3 times in that time frame and shrooms twice. I'm not blaming the LSD and shrooms for this but more so the x and meth I have been suffering from anxiety and depression where I didn't realize I was till I noticed how isolated I have become. Although I feel my relationship with my girlfriend isn't going to well that I live with that could add but I need something.

I went down to Walgreen's and picked up some 5htp 100 mg I been taking one each night for the past 5 days and not sure if its a placebo or not yet. And I have a prescription from my doctor of celexa 20 mg for anxiety and I have yet to take them because I'm very funny about SSRI's. Has anyone tried both and could compare them that would great.

Hi mate - have you considered just staying clean and exercising / eating well for 3 months to let you brain re-set itself?

What climate do you live in? I ask as winter brings us all down.

Celexa and 5 Htp are essentially the same things (I think, research that. I know taking the 2 together can cause seratonin syndrome). In my experience, 20 mg celexa isn't really anything at all (I'm on 30 right now and it's negatives outweigh the positives, but my parents won't let me quit). If your anxiety is *that* bad, get a benzo like klonopin, which is sedating but very good for anxiety. (I used to take .5 mg at night, which reduced anxiety and helped me sleep which I have troubles with)

I live in Louisiana the climate isn't too cold and yeah I tried to get benzos prescribed to me and they gave me celexa.

DO NOT MIX 5htp and a AD it can cause fatal serotonin syndrome
and its well known lsd, shrooms shit of that nature do deplete serotonin why many people feel down after a binge or even after a random night of being adventurous

and you cant compare a pharm grade AD to 5htp but i would personally take the 5htp over a SSRI due to all the bullshit AD can cause as far as side effects
IME very little to no SE with 5htp although not as potent as a SSRI but still works