• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc 5htp + gaba +lithium oratate SS?

powerpunk5000

Greenlighter
I have taken 5htp for 10 days of so at night some nights combining it with lithium O. Just to help cute anxiety and depression. The other night i took all 3 at once 5htp gaba and lithium ortate at 1-2 am. Went to bed and woke up at around 5 am feeling like my heart was going to exploded. Even with my anxiety this is one of the fastest heart rates i have ever felt. And i was shaking and sweaty and tapping my leg up and down by itself and nausea. I was thinking maybe the combination caused a seritonin overdose? I took .5 mg of xanax and it helped calm me down and let me go back to sleep after awhile. But iv never had a panic attack that bad before. About 12 hours later i just feel lathargic and have no appitate. Do you think the combination caused this? Any thoughts? Thanks

Your experiences are atypical in the extreme. Your anxiety reaction very likely had nothing to do with the drugs you took.

Lithium orotate is worthless. Lithium carbonate and 5htp is actually a good combo. Lithium in general is highly overrated, but I personally am quite fond of it.

I for great calming at night, I recommend:

100mg of good quality 5htp
600mg of lithium carbonate (can be purchased from many offshore pharmacies easily, and it is dirt cheap)
3-10mg of melatonin if it doesn't make you depressed.

Note: I have never taken lithium orotate, but my understanding has always been that it is biologically inactive.

Also, regarding lithium carbonate/sulfate, the doses you read about are for people with Type I bipolar. Lithium is also a pretty effective antidepressant and mood stabilizer for others with less severe manic/psychotic symptoms. So, the toxicity issue is much less severe of a risk.

Finally, xanax is a bad choice for a benzo. I don't know why it is so popular. If you are taking it often, it is likely your anxiety is withdrawal related. If you are going to take that route, just take Valium. It works as fast as Xanax, but lasts all day so you don't get withdrawals.

Sounds like you might have had a serotonin overdose... I experienced similar after taking too much 5htp and tramadol...