Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

5HTP before MDMA usage=dangerous?

gusmeer

Greenlighter
Hi guys,

apologies if im not using the correct terms in this thread,please feel free to let me know if i am. Anyways,I've been taking around 200mg of 5HTP daily for anxiety and general well-being,and my question is whether taking a pill (assuming it contains mandy) in the days after this is dangerous? I know the obvious danger of serotonin syndrome,but if i perhaps don't take 5htp in the days immediately before taking the pill,will this be ok?

On a side note,can anyone recommend a decent MDMA like legal high/research chemical?

I know the obvious danger of serotonin syndrome

The obvious serotonin syndrome really isn't that obvious. It's more of an internet scare to be honest. 5-HTP is actually not very good at reaching the brain to then increase serotonin levels which is why it's often prescribed with other things which help that to happen. Basically when you just take 5-HTP on it's own a lot of it will be used in your peripheral system or just excreted out. Are you taking 5-HTP everyday as prescribed by a doctor for anxiety or is it just something you decided to do?

whether taking a pill (assuming it contains mandy)

This is far more dangerous than any 5-HTP you've been taking. There's lots of pills out there that aren't MDMA and instead have dangerous chemicals in them or are a mixture of different drugs. Buy a test kit to make sure your pill is just MDMA. Taking a pill that's PMMA is far, far more dangerous than taking 5-HTP before MDMA.

On a side note,can anyone recommend a decent MDMA like legal high/research chemical?

I'd avoid legal highs at all costs. Ironically, a lot of legal highs pose more danger to the user than illegal ones. Funny that really. Research chemicals that are similar to MDMA include all the ABPs and cathinones especially methylone which is very often sold as MDMA because it's rather similar. Browse the forum for more info on them.

Hey man,thanks for your reply.

With regards to the 5-htp,i've just been taking it because i researched it online and it thought it may be beneficial to me. It wasnt prescribed or anything like that. Its good to hear that the serotonin syndrome is rarer than i thought, i had read a few horror stories online so thats why i was worried.

With regards to buying a pill test kit,this is mainly laziness on my behalf. But I appreciate that buying one will ensure safety much more and i might invest in one in the future.

I have heard of the cathinones and methylone you speak of and in fairness haven't heard great things about them

5-htp blah blah just eat healthy, be active and get normal sleep when your not rolling and you will be great.

ive taken 5htp before and i would only recommend after heavy abuse other wise its not very helpful for the cost.

mdma experience of 8 years.

anxiety only exist in the mind. just delete it and say goodbye.

With regards to the 5-htp,i've just been taking it because i researched it online and it thought it may be beneficial to me

I did that too. Then I researched around even more and took it for a while before realizing that it doesn't actually do much apart from placebo. The main issue is that a lot of 5-HTP doesn't really reach the brain to then become serotonin to be released. Also, feeling 'happy' is a lot more complex than simply increasing stores of serotonin. By increasing stores of serotonin you're often decreasing stores of dopamine/norepinephrine since they all use the same enzymes and to be created. All in all, taking 5-HTP daily is a bit pointless.

Its good to hear that the serotonin syndrome is rarer than i thought, i had read a few horror stories online so thats why i was worried.

There's lot of scary bullshit online. One person will tell you 5-HTP 'dulls' the roll which would suggest that it somehow reduces what MDMA does. The next person will tell you that MDMA can cause serotonin syndrome suggesting that it's extremely increasing what MDMA does to the point of putting you in hospital and even killing you. It's all a bit sensational and not exactly realistic.

With regards to buying a pill test kit,this is mainly laziness on my behalf. But I appreciate that buying one will ensure safety much more and i might invest in one in the future.

If you're worried enough about 5-HTP and MDMA which really isn't that big of a deal but not worried enough to test your shit you're doing it wrong. The danger of taking dodgy pills and crystals is very real and something absolutely worthwhile avoiding. It could even save your life. Test kits are cheap and easy to use. Stop being lazy.

I have heard of the cathinones and methylone you speak of and in fairness haven't heard great things about them

My friends took methylone once and said it was decent but not quite MDMA. I honestly don't think it's that bad and perhaps worthwhile trying if you're interested. Ofc it won't be MDMA but that's the whole point right?

5-htp blah blah just eat healthy, be active and get normal sleep when your not rolling and you will be great.

This guy speaks the truth. Be active, sleep well, eat healthy and you'll feel better than anything 5-HTP will do for you.

anxiety only exist in the mind. just delete it and say goodbye.

Ha, would love to just delete anxiety but unfortunately we can't. But what we can do is recognise it for what it is and then work on countering it with our thoughts/behaviour. That's exactly what I'm working on now.

Thanks for the reply JWills. I think 5-htp is ok,as you say though its not gonna change the life of someone who isn't otherwise living healthy. I probably won't buy any more though,its an expensive supplement for what it offers.

Maybe a stupid question, but can these testing kits be used multiple times?

Thanks for the reply JWills. I think 5-htp is ok,as you say though its not gonna change the life of someone who isn't otherwise living healthy. I probably won't buy any more though,its an expensive supplement for what it offers.

Yep it's a waste of money in my opinion. I have tried it myself without noticing anything.

Maybe a stupid question, but can these testing kits be used multiple times?

You can do one test per tube but usually you buy a pack of tubes at a reasonable price. If you're in the US consider purchasing from here or if you're in the UK here.

You can do one test per tube

are they all like this now? it's been a while since i last bought one (ez test), but it was a small bottle with a dropper and could be used hundreds of times...

are they all like this now? it's been a while since i last bought one (ez test), but it was a small bottle with a dropper and could be used hundreds of times...

To my knowledge most of the providers changed to this method. It's probably better dollar.