• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

50mg benadryl for amphetamine come-down

cyberius

Bluelight Crew
I'm coming down off of a long adderall binge and I want to take 2 benadryls to knock me out. They add up to 50mg, and I weigh 180lb, will this get me high at all? I just want a smooth ride to baseline, not a dreaming trip.

It'll probably knock you out, it's unlikely it will "get you high".

It'll probably knock you out, it's unlikely it will "get you high".

Well I know that benny's can get you off your ass, a kid in my school got expelled for taking 500mg at school. I just prefer being safe :).

You will experience some sedation at that dosage level. I don't think it'd provide noticeable relief for coming down from a 'long amphetamine binge' (which I take to you mean you've been up for at least several days, possibly dosing daily longer than that). It wouldn't hurt though.

I'd eat a full meal, if you haven't yet, that can help. Personally, I like getting good and drunk to help with comedowns/pass out, but watch out for dehydration/overdoing it (and it's not too healthy). Of course benzos (or other GABAergics)/opiates are preferable, some like using neuroleptics such as quetiapine, and cannabis has its fans as well.

Changed title to reflect your actual question, and moving to BDD since we're talking about amp comedowns and not recreational use of diphenhydramine.

PD->BDD

Last edited:
I agree with Never Knows Best. Eat a sandwich and drink a gatorade to try and get something back into your system. Then I like to drink about 5 or 6 beers and since my stomach is usually still far from full this gets me pretty good and buzzed. If my body feels like it can handle it I'll just keep drinking til I'm hammered. Take a nice long hot shower then pop a few benedryl's turn off all the lights and just ass out. Obviously depends on your last dose though, if it was recent enough there's no point in even trying, you'll just feel worse.

You will experience some sedation at that dosage level. I don't think it'd provide noticeable relief for coming down from a 'long amphetamine binge' (which I take to you mean you've been up for at least several days, possibly dosing daily longer than that). It wouldn't hurt though.

I'd eat a full meal, if you haven't yet, that can help. Personally, I like getting good and drunk to help with comedowns/pass out, but watch out for dehydration/overdoing it (and it's not too healthy). Of course benzos (or other GABAergics)/opiates are preferable, some like using neuroleptics such as quetiapine, and cannabis has its fans as well.

Changed title to reflect your actual question, and moving to BDD since we're talking about amp comedowns and not recreational use of diphenhydramine.

PD->BDD

Well it was 14 hours and around 100mg, I'd count that as a binge considering my use and safety.

Last edited:
Seroquel always worked nicely for me to pass out but as the question relates to benadryl: if you are restless coming down from the amps, don't overdo the benadryl as it can provoke restless legs. Drinking heavily can cause dehydration and I HATE hangovers when waking up after an amp binge. I vote for opis or benzos.

50mg of benadryl is the typical max recommended dose, there shouldn't be any adverse side effects that I know of. I'd recommend the OP get his hands on some benzos for the phet comedowns, rather than experiencing the distress he exhibited today online...or just stop abusing adderal.

50mg of benadryl is the typical max recommended dose, there shouldn't be any adverse side effects that I know of. I'd recommend the OP get his hands on some benzos for the phet comedowns, rather than experiencing the distress he exhibited today online...or just stop abusing adderal.

I popped 3 aspirins by accident. I had a piercing headache and forgot that it was a blood thinner, which can really expedite high blood pressure...

And believe it or not, I had very slight OEV's from the benadryl, I saw the door was open, I got closer and realized it was closed.

Diphenhydramine doesn't aid any stimulant comedown at all, for me that is. It can even sometimes increase anxiety. It won't put you to sleep, it's just not strong enough. If you're still stimulated, you aren't sleeping regardless of the diphenhydramine. It also has a very very light effect on serotonin, and CAN leave you restless all on its own. I just don't like diphenhydramine personally, for any use. I have had 50mg doses cause very shallow breathing.

A benzodiazepine would be preferred in this situation. For me, Trazodone (though an SNRI), was prescribed to me for occasional insomnia and actually helps with my stimulant comedowns. It has a lot of sedation and can actually put me to sleep. Definitely has a noticeable effect of feeling "heavy" whenever I take it. This is at 50mgs.

Trazodone is a great drug (oftentimes prescribed for insomnia in lieu of the extremely dangerous benzodiazepines and [not] well-named "non-benzodiazepines"). It knocks most people out, and did me last night.

That said, I'm pretty sure trazodone doesn't have NRI properties, or if it does, they're negligible. It is an SSRI, but is only really active at doses in the hundreds of mgs.

^Its hypnotic effects are from serotonergic and α1-adrenergic antagonism, right? Sounds pretty badass for sleeping during comedowns, without the addictive pull of benzos/opiates.

You need something stronger, at least I would.

I recommend trimeprazine for sleeping after amphetamines, always works wonders for me.

Though in clinical terms, "hypnotic" is mostly associated with GABAergic drugs, pretty much. Its mostly 5-HT2a antagonsim, with lesser a1-adrenegic (which mostly accounts for its sedating effect), and much lesser effects on other 5-HT and adrenergic sub-types (it also works, though not by much, at H1). It is interestingly a partial agonist at 5-HT1a, as is buspirone, and aripiprazole (agonism of which is indicated in anxiolysis).

Trazodone is a great drug (oftentimes prescribed for insomnia in lieu of the extremely dangerous benzodiazepines and [not] well-named "non-benzodiazepines"). It knocks most people out, and did me last night.

That said, I'm pretty sure trazodone doesn't have NRI properties, or if it does, they're negligible. It is an SSRI, but is only really active at doses in the hundreds of mgs.

No, it is not an SSRI. It is an SNRI.

Actually you are both wrong it is a SARI (Serotonin Antagonist and Reuptake Inhibitor).

As above stated, I would rather take trazedone.

Benadryl tends to still give me hallucinogenic or otherwise delirious effects, and when coming down off of meth or stimulants can make it a lot worse. I will never make that mistake again. Just my 2 cents

If you want to come down nicely (assuming that you have no tolerance to benzodiazepines or opiates/opioids) then 0.75-1mg alprazolam, 1mg clonazepam, or 15-20mg diazepam with a low dose of an opiate/opioid of your choice should do it very nicely for you and even make the crash BETTER than the amphetamine binge high (I'd recommend codeine, morphine, heroin, or fentanyl as these don't give you the 'stimulating euphoric' effect that accompanies other opioids like oxycodone, hydrocodone, tramadol..etc. but any opiate/opioid is good and adding a benzo would definitely bring u down smooth and nicely.