• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids 50 mg pentazocine (talwin) no naloxone canadian version

OntarioGuy

Bluelighter
hey yall,

Just had a quick question about these 50 mg talwins I got a hold of.
I have a few blister packs, small white round pills which say, 50 mg on them

I personally am on methadone and cannot take talwin...But my Cousin is still shooting dope and is often in withdrawal, I was going to give him a few talwin to fix him up.

Im curious as too talwins potency and how much will my cousin have to shoot to equal 60 mgs of morphine IV? 60 mgs is typically enough to fix him u enough so he can find more dope.

I havent been able to find anything concrete on dosage conversion for IV pentazocine to IV morphine. I think I heard talwin is 1/10th the strength of morphine.....so say he does 6 tablets at 50 mgs each, it may be enough to fix him up?again there is no narcan in these tabs and he will be in withdrawal when he shoots it.

thanks for any advice guys.

Pentazocine is around 0.3 times as potent as morphine iirc
From wiki
Severe injection site necrosis and sepsis has occurred (sometime requiring amputation of limb) with multiple injection of pentazocine lactate. In addition, animal studies have demonstrated that Pentazocine is tolerated less well subcutaneously than intramuscularly.
So shooting is a bad idea

And due to Kappa agonism high doses can lead to high bp/heart rate etc.

Sorry for the double post, I'm on my phone
https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/pentazocine
Pentazocine is the first mixed agonist-antagonist analgesic to be marketed. It is an agonist at the kappa and sigma opioid receptors and has a weak antagonist action at the mu receptor. (From AMA Drug Evaluations Annual, 1991, p97)
If that's true he'll probably will be thrown into precipitated withdrawal

Well he will already be in withdrawal when doin the Talwin, he and I are fully aware that is a partial antagonist...as for IVing...Is pentazocine itself inheritly bad as a drug or is it filler from the pills?

They do make hospital grade IV solution after all......a girl I know that has no habit said she felt great off of 50 mgs IV