• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

50 mg Hydrocodone Trip Report

1:30 AM 1 hour in. Definitely feeling slowed down, tingly and numb. My feet have almost "disappeared" again. Excited for what the next few hours will bring.

2:00 AM 1.5 hours in. So far I wouldn't say the effects of the pills feels stronger than the lower doses, but they do seem to be kicking in faster. The mysterious good feeling in my chest is back. Feet and legs almost totally numb. Just slowly rolling around in bed and immensely enjoying it.

2:30 2 hours in. I should also mention that today is my birthday (yep I was born on Star Wars Day lol). I find it interesting that my breathing feels easier on Vicodin even though it's supposed to have respiratory depressant effects. Still no nausea at all, closest I'm feeling to negative side effects are feeling hot and itchy, but honestly I'm even kinda enjoying that. Still feeling completely clear headed but suspect I might have some trouble balancing if I got up and moved around.

3:30 3 hours in. I'm moving slow, time is moving fast, and all is right with the world. Noticing something like mild double vision, it's easier to read if I close one eye. Overall I'm not as knocked out as I had hoped/feared I would be at this dose, but like most drugs Vicodin seems to take longer to hit me than most people so it's possible I still haven't peaked yet.

4:30 4 hours in. Not feeling hot anymore but still having all the other effects. Think it's time to get under the covers and snuggle in for a little sleep.

7:30 AM Woke up from my nap. Definitely think I'm past the peak but still feeling some effects from the Vicodin. Feeling hot again, still slightly tingly and definitely still relaxed. Maybe a touch of nausea if I move too much so trying to stay mostly still.

You shouldn't post "live" trip reports here. You should describe the whole experience afterwards.

I’ve noticed that you have posted consecutive trip reports for the past three days where you keep upping your hydrocodone dose. I’m not judging you at all, but based on how focused you seem on the opiate-induced mindset, you’re going to have a hard time ahead of you searching for the perfect dose until you realize one day that you don’t really want to consider living life unless you’ve got some opioids on hand. I speak from experience.

These substances make very pleasant treats, but devoting your lifestyle to them will sap that euphoria away pretty damn quick. I tricked myself into believing that I required opiates/opioids just to go to work and socially interact; granted, this was after over a decade of consistent use, but it’s easy to get to that point and not be able to step back and see things clearly.

Just be careful, alright? That euphoria you feel on these things will disappear if you keep upping the dose every single night, but then you’ll be in maintenance mode just to be able to enjoy yourself at least a little bit. There is no magical dose that gives you the perfect feeling, just a gradually diminishing rate of returns on your investment.

I’ve noticed that you have posted consecutive trip reports for the past three days where you keep upping your hydrocodone dose. I’m not judging you at all, but based on how focused you seem on the opiate-induced mindset, you’re going to have a hard time ahead of you searching for the perfect dose until you realize one day that you don’t really want to consider living life unless you’ve got some opioids on hand. I speak from experience.

These substances make very pleasant treats, but devoting your lifestyle to them will sap that euphoria away pretty damn quick. I tricked myself into believing that I required opiates/opioids just to go to work and socially interact; granted, this was after over a decade of consistent use, but it’s easy to get to that point and not be able to step back and see things clearly.

Just be careful, alright? That euphoria you feel on these things will disappear if you keep upping the dose every single night, but then you’ll be in maintenance mode just to be able to enjoy yourself at least a little bit. There is no magical dose that gives you the perfect feeling, just a gradually diminishing rate of returns on your investment.
You can’t be addicted to opioids and enjoy them (given that you have enough)? And is it possible to switch from being an addicted user to becoming a recreational user?

Later that next day I had a brief freak out when I looked at my hands and thought they looked like they were swollen with massive sausage fingers. So I'm like, are my hands swollen because of some horrible reaction to the drug or am I hallucinating that my hands are swollen because of the drug? Either of which was a scary idea.

I realized I could figure out if my fingers were actually swollen by trying to take my ring off. Luckily it came off just as usual so I knew it was just my eyes/mind playing with me. I figured my hands looked weird mostly because I had never looked that closely at them before.

You shouldn't post "live" trip reports here. You should describe the whole experience afterwards.

I like doing "live" reports, especially when people post replies, because it sort of feels like a virtual version of using socially. But I understand that is against the rules here so I won't do it again. Is there a place for that sort of thing?

Yeah, that's what I've been trying to do, find the "perfect dose". Which basically means "as f'ed up as I can get without bad enough side effects to bring me down". But you're right, it seems elusive. Ten pills weren't much better than three.

So part of me wants to try taking more next time (12? 15? 20? Wondering what it would take to just totally knock me out?). But another part of me is just like "if there's no difference between 10 pills and 3 pills, I might as well just take 3 each time cause any more is really just wasteful".

I can see too how easily it could become a regular habit if I let it. One thing that helps me in this regard is that my access to opiates is limited to leftover prescriptions. I don't have a steady source, don't even really know how I'd go about getting them other than trying to con a doctor (which is now harder than ever to do)?

I like doing "live" reports, especially when people post replies, because it sort of feels like a virtual version of using socially. But I understand that is against the rules here so I won't do it again. Is there a place for that sort of thing?

If you don't label it as a "trip report" but say it casually in some social thread that doesn't exclude drug discussion then it could usually be ok (someone else's opinion may differ, though).

If you don't label it as a "trip report" but say it casually in some social thread that doesn't exclude drug discussion then it could usually be ok (someone else's opinion may differ, though).
POLYMATH!

I may be a little too late In responding, but the only way you’ll truly get a satisfying opiated feeling again is by putting as much time between uses as possible. I would suggest at least a week between uses, possibly longer if you can; the psychological pull from these substances is compelling yet subtle, the latter because everything about the lifestyle seems innocuous at first. But then you start overdoing it and get sick the first time from taking too much, and then you notice you’ve been taking them more days off then on, and it becomes easier to justify habitual use until you find out you’re getting sick from not using them, and from there it just goes downhill.

Bottom line, you will lose that euphoric feeling the more you do it. Put time between your uses, as much as you can.