• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin 50 hours into cold turkey, and I used.

zebedee79

Bluelighter
Hi, so me and my wife have been trying unsuccessfully to quit H for s while now. Well this weekend we finally seemed to be getting somewhere. We quit cold turkey, no bupe but some benzos and gabapentin. Well I've been into withdrawal several times lately, but nothing could prepare me for this, it was fucking awful. By about 36 hours we both started puking up bile and having extreme diorrheaha. We couldn't take any liquids in so was dehydrated along with the othet general cold turkey symptoms. I don't mean to be gross but we were literally puking over ourselves at some points, no chance of making it to bowl or toilet. So feeling shitty at about 50 ish hours into CT i scored some H, approx a third of our normal dose. We used the time feeling ok to get cleaned up, drink and eat a little. The plan is carry on with the cold turkey, so I'm wondering does anyone have any experience of how using in the middle of CT will affect it. Will we basically have to start from scratch, or will not be quite as bad? Got f all money so either way just gonna have to ride it out but any advice would be very welcome.

Thanks

I don't have any first hand experience but I would think your tolerance will be lower and the experience will be not as bad.

If you can manage to do that again , meaning wait 50 hours , let's say 48 to make it more even. I feel every extra 8 hours you can wait without doing a shot you kill a half life or two of h . I started a taper myself waiting 20-24 hours between shots and it lowers your dose and that gap between shots allows your body to cleanse itself somewhat rather than 3 shots spread out throughout 24 hours is worse . Also doing a big amount but in a 1-2 hour period only before going cold turkey again I feel is okay but constant use even if it's small is worse than using a lot one time and waiting a long time because time passes for half lives to pass , just like tapering methadon or subuxone you take those once every 24 hours , well if you do once every 48 hours instead and using an opiate with half the half life of those two drugs that's double the recovery taper wise idk my 2 centz

Thanks for the replys, it's been roughly 14 hours since I used, and the withdrawals aren't as bad as the first time round, so hopefully I wont have to go through worst of it again. Cheers guys.

you were 50 hours into wd's so that was about the peak, pain-wise. if you just used enough to be able to eat etc. then youre new peak might not be quite as bad as the last, but it may be close. are you coming off quite a large habit?

doesnt matter now anyway if youve no money - good luck and just ride it out. you were almost over the worst last time. at least you know what to expect this time around and you can keep a spew bucket nearby.

if drinking water is making you sick, sip tepid water. gulping down cold water is a surefire way to have you puking it straight back up when in bad wd's.