• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

5 mg oxycodone first time

g_dan1

Bluelighter
Hello everyone! I have a few 5mg pills of oxycodone with tylenol. I ve never taken any opiates before.
Next Saturday i wanna try to get high on oxy for the 1st time. I will be doing it with my girlfriend and she will be trying weed for the first time lol. (Prolly wont get high)
I would appreciate if someone could answer some of my questions for me :)
1) would 5m be enough for someone with no tolerance at all? I am 5'11 145lbs. Or should i take 7.5mg? 10? I am usually VERY careful with drugs and i would like to take the minimal dose but still feel the high.

1.5) is there a way to potentiate 5mg if its not enough? Do u advise doing that?

2) is there a possibilty of any side effects at low doses? Nausea, paranoia? How can i deal with that?

3) i will have to see my gfs parents 4-5 hours after taking the pill. Will they notice any kind of behavior change and find out im high on something?

4) will i be constipated the next day? How can i deal with that?

Thank you!

HOnestly just throw them away. Opiate addiction is no joke and if you don't know what it's like to be high on opiates its best to stay that way

^great advice
7.5mg seems reasonable

But why do you have to take it the first time if you have to see your gf parents?

g_dan1. To reiterate evilpanda's sentiment, it's probably in your best interest to turn away from these pills. I first tried vico's and then oxy's about 8 years ago. It was the best feeling and continues to be an amazing euphoria. Over these 8 years, I've gone years with out any opiates and then episodes of using. I've never had a problem with it, but that is not say the cliff may be coming... who knows. I feel as I've progressed in my life and not been held back, but rather respected the state of being opiates/opioids provide. That is not to say I haven't spent a pretty penny on acquiring these!

When you start on opiates/opioids you create something almost tangible for your brain to exalt, praise, and rationalize. Be ready for that and if you don't already live a highly disciplined life, it may be hard to fight the rationalizations your brain will cook up. It's also worth noting, many opiate users often find themselves breaking down any and all barriers and boundaries they've once said they never would. Just keep this stuff in mind when weighing your decision.

To answer your questions:
1) There are various ways to potentiate 5mg Oxycodone. For the sake of harm reduction, do not try this on your first go around as even 5mg may make you nauseous.
2) You may feel nauseous on the 5mg and that may be an indicator that you've taken too much. If you need to throw up, just let it happen
3) I would highly recommend not starting on opiates the same day you have to see your gf's parents. You will most likely will have pin point pupils, but if they are not observant, it may mean nothing to them. You may still feel the "opiate itch" and this may appear as ancy or anxious
4) I would find it hard to see you having constipation after one 5mg dose. That starts when it becomes habitual use

I hope this helps

Everyone who has shared has the best most honest advice, from the heart! Falling in love with the opiate and the ensuing addiction to it is something I wouldn't wish on an enemy!

Thanks for warning me about addiction! I mean im only taking 5mg which is prescribed for medical use. If its that addictive does that mean everyone who takes it after the surgery for pain becomes addicted too?

I also heard that oxy high isnt very noticable. Not like weed or alcohol. Are u sure my gf parents would be able to notice something after 5 hours?

Thanks for warning me about addiction! I mean im only taking 5mg which is prescribed for medical use. If its that addictive does that mean everyone who takes it after the surgery for pain becomes addicted too?

It's possible and actually happens quite often.

And I really would chose a day without any commitments or a least a day where you dont have to appear sober.
You might get away with it....most people dont notice miosis (small pupils) but some do.
And it's your first time so you might get a bit drowsy (and looking stoned)..nauseous...and like it's already been said it could make you itch alot.

And imho the main reason...you want to relax and enjoy the high and not be worried about your appereance.

Will my pupils constrict from just 5 mg? Will drinking coffee after the high help with drowsiness?

You are opiate naive so yes any amount of opioid in your system will make your pupils contract, but I wouldn't worry so much about anyone actually noticing that side effect. Just be very careful as people who are prescribed pain meds for chronic pain do become addicted after developing tolerance, enjoying the euphoria opioids produce and having to take much higher doses to achieve effect (Chasing the Dragon)

Does your girlfriend have to appear sober after smoking weed?

And of course i second everyones advice...dont take them...risking a life long addiction for a high is not worth it.

How long does it take for the high to stop completely? More than 5 hrs?
Btw i ve gotten euphoria from adderall before and i am in no way addicted to it

Most of the high will be gone in a few hours. Might feel a bit drowsy or irritable afterwards. I'd listen to the earlier comments tho. Flush em they're really just not worth the trouble they can/ most likely will cause in the long run. Amphetamines are nowhere near as psychologically addictive imo.

U guys are really making me paranoid with this stuff :D im thinking maybe i should just smoke weed once again with my gf instead, order food and eat my ass off lol.
Sucks that i wont get to experience what oxy feels like tho :(

Consider it a blessing, not gonna say I regret my use but the negative impact it had on my life wasn't nearly worth it. There's plenty of other drugs out there that have a far smaller chance of ruining you,if used responsibly. There's a reason they're only prescribed to people with serious pain issues/ terminal illness. If you don't need em, flush em. "Anyone can do drugs, no one can undo drugs"

Another big difference is you're state of mind. If I take pills for pain releif (I have a genuine chronic condition) The dose is, comparatively small for me (60mg MST twice daily and 10mg IR Morphine for breakthrough) (I would not recommend going anywhere near this dose, I've been on morphine for 2 1/2 years, It does nothing to get me high. If I wanted to get high, I'd need about 200mg IR Morphine in one go to even touch the sides. So, much of it lies in 'why' you're taking them, and your state of mind.

7.5 - 10 mg is a good first time dose. You won't need to potentiate (especially your first time), that's mostly if you need to make your supply stretch. When that's not an issue for someone they just take more when they need more. Having been a user of opioids for 5 years I have to say I agree with the sentiments of most here that it's better if you just don't start down this road. Once you have the experience there's just no going back. Like ricemaker I'd say my usage has more or less stayed under control however it does start to change your perception of reality and push out other things that ought to be a priority in life. The opiate buzz will always be my measuring stick for rating life experiences and I would definitely say I have become more of a hedonist since starting.

Hi OP, I totally understand the warnings of others but we all have tried things and learned both good and bad things.

I suggest 5 mg on empty stomach, to combat the possible nausea eat a tad of food within 15 minutes of oxy intake. IMO the ultimate potentiator for opiates are weed. Just take a FEW puffs about an hr of ingestion. Just relax and if 5mg isn't enough add only 1 more and 1 more only.

Yes, I'm currently not addicted to opiates besides Kratom, but they are very easy to fall in love with. Hope you and your girl have a great time and please be responsible. You should be fine with her peeps, just don't smoke before you see them.

Check back and let us know how it goes. Their may be a chance opiates aren't your thing . Stay Safe, priority #1

How long does it take for the high to stop completely? More than 5 hrs?
Btw i ve gotten euphoria from adderall before and i am in no way addicted to it
My oxy highs usually only last about an hour or two. But I snort mine and swallowing them lasts a little longer but you should be pretty much sober by the time you have to deal with your gfs parents. I wish oxy highs lasted 5 hours but mine never have. I started with 15 mgs my first time and I didn't get sick but my brother took the same amount and he threw up so everyones different. I'd start with 5 or 10 mgs if you wanna be extra safe but don't be afraid to go up to 15 if your not feeling them enough. I wouldn't take more than 20mgs tops your first time but your probably gonna want to take at least 10. But just curious, how many times have you taken adderall and how much do you usually take? Oxycodone is very addictive for a lot of people but I only do it every once and a while, although I admit I occasionally crave it I really don't have a hard time resisting them. Adderall on the other hand... a lot of people can take it or leave but I'm crazy addicted. I tried it 4 years ago and I've been abusing it off and on ever since. After every binge I feel like I'm gonna die and I swear to myself I'll never buy them again, but its always just a matter of time before I crack. My amphetamine use has fucked me up so much that I have extreme depression and anxiety and no motivation at all when I'm not using. Sorry for typing so much(I'm tweaking a little right now) but my point is some drugs are more addictive to certain people than others. Just cause you abused adderall without getting hooked doesn't mean you won't get hooked on oxy. But having said that, you only live once and oxycodone can be an awesome experience. Just be aware that its addictive and the last thing you want to do is make it a habbit