View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines 5-MeO-Tryptamine huasca???

simstim

Bluelighter
Does anyone know if it is possible to use 5-MT (5-methoxytryptamine) with an MAOI (either ayahuasca vine, syrian rue seeds, or a pharmaceutical MAOI) for a psychedelic effect? I have read the binding data on 5-MT which is presented on Wikipedia and it would seem that 5-MT is not very selective for 5ht2a receptors. In fact it's much more selective for other serotonin receptors (thankfully not the 5ht3 receptor though so nausea should not be an issue).

Since the Ki for 5ht2a is 295nM what sort of doses would you guys expect to begin to see psychedelic effects at (if any)?

Also, could 5-MT be smoked? If so at what dosages?
Thanks!

Yeah - it's about x2 DMT in potency and is cheaper (deprotect & methylate melotonin). Dodgy DMT dealers cut their product with it.

I would AVOID it.

Also I've come across 5MeO AMT and since I know it's killed people, I gave it a pass... in fact I swapped my stash for 500ml of laudanum.

Yeah - it's about x2 DMT in potency and is cheaper (deprotect & methylate melotonin). Dodgy DMT dealers cut their product with it.

I would AVOID it.

Also I've come across 5MeO AMT and since I know it's killed people, I gave it a pass... in fact I swapped my stash for 500ml of laudanum.
Interesting. Why would you avoid it?

I rather enjoyed 5-MeO-MIPT, 5-MeO-DALT wasn't bad, and I've had one trial with 5-MeO-AMT that was pretty mild but enjoyable. I am wondering if I should try 5-MeO-T?

Because when I smoke it, it feels like a rhino is sat on me. Too much body load.

5-MeO DALT did nothing for me or my wife.

Maybe it's because we expect a lot, the first-into-woman trial of 7,a-DMT was her. So she decided to go for a walk in the park, played on the swings and roundabout for an hour. That was (S) 5,a-DMT. she wasn't keen to try the 'trippy; isomer when their was a perfect MDMA mimic going begging.

She was also the one that noted that example #19 of the aminorex patent was for 3,4-MDAR... and so yet again it's swings and roundabouts.

Because when I smoke it, it feels like a rhino is sat on me. Too much body load.

5-MeO DALT did nothing for me or my wife.

Maybe it's because we expect a lot, the first-into-woman trial of 7,a-DMT was her. So she decided to go for a walk in the park, played on the swings and roundabout for an hour. That was (S) 5,a-DMT. she wasn't keen to try the 'trippy; isomer when their was a perfect MDMA mimic going begging.

She was also the one that noted that example #19 of the aminorex patent was for 3,4-MDAR... and so yet again it's swings and roundabouts.
Interesting, so you have smoked 5-MeO-T? (not 5-MeO-DMT)

Was there a trip or just body load?

5-MeO-DALT was all body high, rushes, and head trip for me. No visuals. You didn't even get the body high and rushes? That's the best thing about 5-MeO-DALT. It's too short acting though. Feels a bit like like MDMA but less stimulating.

No - 5 MeO DMT, without protection, that amine will be gone in a second. Also higher MP so harsh I imagine.

With THAT much MAOI it would be dicing with death. Why not simply N-methylate. Methyl iodide is safer.

So does rhaphanidosis but just because it's worth 34 points at Scrabble doesn't make me want to try it. After all, even after 3500 years we have 'trip reports' and they are almost all negative.

I believe for a second offence it was an onion....

OP don't listen to this goofball, he clearly doesn't know what he is talking about...

I have rue available, though no 5-MeO-T, and while it seems like a fascinating compound, there is practically no info about it. I could try taking rue in combination with melatonin, but I don't know if it's worth it. It might also potentially be dangerous. I'll definitively try out a pure IV sample of 5-MeO-T one day...

i admit I do not see stories of MAOI and 5-MEO-DMT. One comment by DM Turner who could take a rip of Salvinorin A at the peak of an LSD trip. Said a friend tried it and hurt himself trying to get out of a pact with a spirit on it. Meaning it was heavy heavy whatever happened.

I think if anyone does try it small doses of each and take total care. Maybe even a sitter. (and I am one that likes Salvia but never had a sitter for anything)

5-MeO-DALT was all body high, rushes, and head trip for me. No visuals. You didn't even get the body high and rushes? That's the best thing about 5-MeO-DALT. It's too short acting though. Feels a bit like like MDMA but less stimulating.

Went through a period years ago where i was vaping 5-MeO-DALT multiple times a week and having wild sex on it. One of the best drugs for getting your freak on, the increase in tactile sensations is bananas. Very euphoric body high and this sorta visual effect that made everything look kinda wet, but no patterning or anything. Headspace was not super strong id mainly used it as an Empathogen, it was good for that.

Umm is 5-MeO-T even active? Pretty sure it's not or people would be smoking it, and it would probably be illegal within the United states.

Even with an MAOI, I've doubts. There are a few TRs regarding 5-meo-DMT and ayahuasca/maoi. Most of the reports I've seen the experiences were generally positive, however there's been at least one death from the combo, i figure its not worth the risk and i love 5-meo-dmt.

If it were, consumption of melatonin would result in at least some of it finding it's way into your body. The bare -NH2 will give a low LogP and it will quickly be munched by monoamine oxidase. Also the N: will not be in the correct orientation. With NM2 it can point in 2 directions, one if which is appropriate, but with the primary... well it can go many places.

A friend went to an ayahuasca 'group trip' in The Netherlands. He found the shaman REALLY annoying. Apparently the person decided they should closely control the experience and kept shaking branches and whatnot. I'm very suspicious of anyone who seeks to controls the thoughts and actions of someone whose executive function may have been seriously affected.

I don't know if it's true, but stories of datura powder and such is used to rob people in South America. REALLY shady.

5-Meo-DMT huasca sounds interesting...
There is a lot of (valid) talk about that being dangerous. When I did 5-Meo-DMT, the scuttlebutt was only that it could be overwhelming and possibly not nice mentally.

I have more than a few times smoked some Rue seeds and then carefully smoked 5-Meo-DMT. A small amount of 5-Meo would give a strong effect. Warmer in a way than straight 5-Meo but also not particularly euphoric either. I've gotten people high on it as a cheap buzz.

So, I knew that the interaction of the two potentiated strongly and utilized that fact, keeping doses of 5-Meo low. One time, however, I was pretty spun on 5-Meo-DMT and decided to smoke a very small amount of Rue seeds. 5-6 seeds, maybe. A very small hit.

I immediately felt as if I was possessed by a demon of some sort. The accounts I had read of the combination included someone who felt that, so the power of suggestion was maybe at play.

I occasionally masturbated on 5-Meo-DMT since that can be interesting sometimes. After my "possession", I felt I had to masturbate to distract and keep the demon out of my head which I proceeded to kind of obsessively do.

Never told anyone about that before.