Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health 5-Meo-DMT cured someone's Tourette's syndrome

Didgital

Moderator: PD
Staff member
Title says most of it. A friend of a friend had Tourette's syndrome and claims to have completely cured it by using 5-MeO-DMT in conjunction with using a human gyroscope.

I don't have anymore details, and my friend passed away a few years ago (R.I.P. to a legend), so I can't ask.

Still, I've always found this to be very interesting because it's one more case of a psychedelic curing/treating medical disorder, and AFAIK I've never heard of Tourette's and psychedelics being studied.

RIP to your friend
Yeah, I was at a moment in my life where i thought I'd taken every psychedelic drug, and he hands me a copy of Tihkal. Lol, bless him. Also when he was in his death bed, his last message to me was "Don't worry about me, I am going to Nirvana"

But yeah the Tourette's thing. Wild.

And the person who cured themselves has a name that some of you deep psychedelic lore readers would possibly recognize. Out of respect, I won't say it publically

tourettes is not a mental issue — which would make this much more astonishing than even the usual benefits done by psychedelics

Tourettes is not a mental issue? Please explain.

"Tourette Syndrome (TS), also called Tourette disorder or Gilles de la Tourette Syndrome, is a chronic and inherited neuropsychiatric disorder characterized by physical and vocal tics that begin in childhood"

"Tourette syndrome or Tourette's syndrome (abbreviated as TS or Tourette's) is a common neurodevelopmental disorder that begins in childhood or adolescence."

"There is no cure for Tourette's and no single most effective medication. In most cases, medication for tics is not necessary, and behavioral therapies are the first-line treatment"

Idk if you're just splitting hairs over the "mental issue" label or what, but you got me confused. Tourette's is in the DSIM (the official American mental health diagnostic tool)

Last edited:
Tourettes is not a mental issue? Please explain.

"Tourette Syndrome (TS), also called Tourette disorder or Gilles de la Tourette Syndrome, is a chronic and inherited neuropsychiatric disorder characterized by physical and vocal tics that begin in childhood"

"Tourette syndrome or Tourette's syndrome (abbreviated as TS or Tourette's) is a common neurodevelopmental disorder that begins in childhood or adolescence."

"There is no cure for Tourette's and no single most effective medication. In most cases, medication for tics is not necessary, and behavioral therapies are the first-line treatment"

Idk if you're just splitting hairs over the "mental issue" label or what, but you got me confused. Tourette's is in the DSIM (the official American mental health diagnostic tool)
well the term "mental issue" generally refers to problems relating to mood or personality type, and not neurological issues, you wouldn't call alzheimers a mental issue, would you? To me it doesn't really matter whether a diagnostic guide has it listed, it still seems separate from things like depression

Yeah, I was at a moment in my life where i thought I'd taken every psychedelic drug, and he hands me a copy of Tihkal. Lol, bless him. Also when he was in his death bed, his last message to me was "Don't worry about me, I am going to Nirvana"

But yeah the Tourette's thing. Wild.

And the person who cured themselves has a name that some of you deep psychedelic lore readers would possibly recognize. Out of respect, I won't say it publically

The one thing I appreciate more than anything from my psychedelic use is the acceptance of my own mortality. He sounds like he was a good guy.

-GC

Dammit. I just ordered and hesitated for the hundredth time before finally deciding not to buy 5 meo dmt, because I am scared of the intensity of it. I have mild Tourette’s…

well the term "mental issue" generally refers to problems relating to mood or personality type, and not neurological issues, you wouldn't call alzheimers a mental issue, would you? To me it doesn't really matter whether a diagnostic guide has it listed, it still seems separate from things like depression

What about OCD, schizophrenia, or addiction? These all have repetitive uncontrollable behavior and a neurological basis, like Tourette's.

You may define it differently, I'm just letting you know how the whole rest of world uses those words. Every definiton I looked up said the same thing. Mental illness often has a physical (neurological) basis- it's not that black and white.

Alzheimers is a progressive degeneration of the brain, and usually doesn't appear until later in life, having no effect on the younger brain, and not similar to tourettes whatsoever in my opinion, so no. Also, has no behavioral component (CBT cant help, unlike with Tourette). So, definitely no.

Disorders specifically relating to mood are called "mood disorders". Disorders relating to personality disorders are called "personality disorders". Those are just some specific ones within the greater label of "mental illness". Not all of them are those. There is a great variety

If you have tourette's, I would seriously consider doing more research. Tourettes has much more in common with OCD and addiction than Alzheimers, and it's worrying you would even make that comparison if you have it. Tourettes is not a progressive degenerative disease.

Last edited:
As someone with very mild Tourette’s who has done zero research on it, I can only give my experience. It started when I was 8 or so. It runs in my family more or less, though I’m the worse off by far. It comes and goes for no apparent reason, sometimes being severe for a month and not for several. people only notice my facial tics but I do all sorts of weird movements. It is similar to ocd in many way (i do a movement but it doesnt feel right so I do it again, but it never feels right). There is nothing that makes it better except mindfulness, but that is very difficult to do all the time. Fatigue makes it worse. It seems to go away during certain activities (sex, music), but comes back immediately after…

The internet definitions sound right on.

If I could take a magic pill and it would go away, sure, but as a kid they prescribed me something that had lame side-effects, so I just live with it. 5-meo-dmt is too scary for me to try, like I said. I have taken dmt and other tryptamines and have noticed no difference in tics (actually I often have more tics after psychedelics because I am tired for 1-3 days).

Ok curiosity got the best of me, and Jesus Christ almighty disguised himself as the postman and delivered 250mg of 5 meo dmt today. It will probably sit in the freezer for a long time before I try it, and the day I do try it, rest assured, it will not be in connection with a human gyroscope (Jésus was fresh out of those)… but if it does cure my Tourette’s I’ll let you know ;)

Yeah totally understandable. Its probably the most potent substance as far as intensity I've ever encountered
Mmm, there are some ROAs that make much more manageable. I agree that with smoking it it's very intense, but I have had 'mild' trips on it when plugging it. I´ve heard that vaping it with a dry herb vaporiser you can also gradually control the dose.

The issue with 5-meo is that everybody assumes you just smoke it off crack pipe and yeah that way it's absolutely a rocket ship no matter what.
before finally deciding not to buy 5 meo dmt, because I am scared of the intensity of it.
I really 'recommend' to plug it for beginners, that way you can up the dose very slowly. I have had gentle and 'cute' trips from 10mg, up to' breakthrough' trips to 35mg-40mg (note that this dose starts to be risky territory for the heart so I advice to not do more than this).

I actually find the headspace of plugging it much more interesting and optimal for exploration (it lasts more, there is still an 'intellect' alive so you can contemplate and ask questions etc...), with Smoking it I didn't got much out of it. I was just gone, and when it was over I came back. Meh I might as well just take a nap for that 🤣

Fascinating posts. I am ashamed to report that I never tried 5-MEO-DMT. It was very available until about what 10 years ago? I would for sure put 5 mgs in a pipe and blast off. I can do that with DMT. I know 5-MEO-DMT is intense and I would smoke it only a few times and work with the other methods of taking it. I have heard of people using it by snorting or another route that say it is gentler. But I'd blast off. I want to see that white light. I swear I saw it on DMT. lol

But yeah, wish I had more to contribute. Also wish there were more plants and extraction techniques for 5-MEO-DMT. I do have yopo seeds. Been meaning to try that for a feel.

Have no desire to do anything with the toad. I am all for synthetic 5-MEO-DMT. IMO leave the toad alone.

I think any intense exsperience can heal. I had a period where I was reading NDE's at nderf.org and was amazed at how people were healed after their NDE. Cancer. liver issues, anything. Almost like they got a reboot. They come back to life and are healed.

Maybe that is it. We just need a reboot. I mean if we take a knife and cut our arm almost instantly the body heals. That is some power that can he harnessed.

I find the studies at John Hopkins fascinating too. I use to think the whole microdosing thing was silly, until I read a paper from John Hopkins (I'll try and find it) that microdoing may help dementia. It seems to reform some pathways that were destroyed. So yeah, psychedelics can heal. If something can break, it can be healed.