• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

5-MeO-DIPT and AMT up for scheduling

Bluedeer - I think you meant the Libertarian Party.
LOL, :) Thanks for the correction...
I've actually been voting mostly Green Party (every since Mr.Nader), both parties have similar stances on the drug war and other issues...
[ 30 January 2003: Message edited by: BlueDeer ]

erica.smerica :
but there will always be chemists for those who seek.
But do they provide a certificate of analysis?
While these chemicals may live on thru underground chemists, the fact is, they now will move into the illict realm, with no quality control, no guarantee of purity, nothing.
And thats meant to "protect" young drug users?
[ 30 January 2003: Message edited by: Flexistentialist ]

Originally posted by Flexistentialist:
erica.smerica :
While these chemicals may live on thru underground chemists, the fact is, they now will move into the illict realm, with no quality control, no guarantee of purity, nothing.
And thats meant to "protect" young drug users?
[ 30 January 2003: Message edited by: Flexistentialist ]

Not to mention that it bolsters the black market which inherently decreases the security of EVERYONE. Say hello to more guns, more gangs, more trigger-happy police, more raids, more reason to take away civil liberties in the name of the drug war.
[ 30 January 2003: Message edited by: craig420 ]

wow... no one liked this at all
my friends and i liked this drug more than any other (5-meo-dipt that is)
well.. i hope everyone is happy about this.. im sure not.. ill have to stock up soon :p

im glad too, now less stupid college kids will order it with their credit cards and just hand it out to random people (thus fueling the drug war). neither of them were all that spectacular anyways.

I thought that I saw in one of the above replies that DMT is illegal. I see 5-meo-dmt still available on the net. Is it safe to order that?
I mean for research purposes only of course.

Originally posted by Flexistentialist:

Because an on-line vendor sends you a peice of paper stating their matierial is "98.9% pure" does not mean it is. They are not any more trustworthy than anyone else.

I never said that I thought it was a good move for these drugs, or any drugs for that matter, to be scheduled. In fact, I said that scheduling makes it even harder to reform laws - and obviously that means reform is, in my opinion, the best way to go. I also agree that freedom of mind and freedom of body should be given to the mind/body herself.
Reform will allow us to set standards and prices, and could even mean profit for the government in the form of taxes. I'm all for that. I'm all for making drugs legal. This may sound harsh, but if you are one of those people who will go out and start abusing drugs because they are made legal, then we don't need you in the gene pool anyway. It's that simple.
And no, nothing comes with a guarantee or certificate of cleanliness or purity, which is precisely why an individual must take responsibility for knowing who they are dealing with and taking precautions to deal with reputable sources. I have been fortunate I suppose, for the most part. Don't put things into your body if you don't know where they came from or what they will do to you...common sense. Unfortunately, many people don't have such sense.
I do not condone or promote the use and exploration of psychedelic drugs, or any drugs, to minds beyond my own. Selfish I am not intending to be. My point was that although I don't agree with the laws myself, there are plenty of ways to get around drug laws for intelligent seekers.

>What's so outrageous about a drug being made
>illegal? I think the very fact that you have to
>ask that is a flashing red light pointing at the
>problem.
BTW, you totally did not understand where I was coming from when I made the statement. I never said I supported the scheduling.
I say it again...what is so outragous about the DEA scheduling a widely abused drug that is freely available on the internet? What did you expect them to do? Of course they are going to move to schedule it and for that, I don't think the move is outragous. I don't agree with it but I can understand their reasoning behind the move.

MGS: If you had said "surprise" instead of "outrage" it would've made your position more clear. It is not at all surprising that these things are being scheduled. It is an outrage, however.

This may be somewhat out of line, but does anyone know what sellers of these "to be scheduled" drugs do when their products are up for scheduling, but aren't yet scheduled?
I'm not just asking about foxy and amt, but any of these drugs, since this has happened before. Do the sellers stop selling as soon as they are up for scheduling, or do they keep selling until the day before the scheduling becomes official?
It just seems like an interesting legal issue, since these technically will not be scheduled until late Feb.
Is it like a "last chance, better get this while you can" attitude, or is it like, "now that it's up for scheduling, it is too dangerous to sell at all" attitude?
~psychoblast~

This may be somewhat out of line, but does anyone know what sellers of these "to be scheduled" drugs do when their products are up for scheduling, but aren't yet scheduled?
Generally, when most companies find out that the research chemicals they're offering are being abused and not researched, they flush the remaining stock down the toilet in order to protect the public...

Bluedeer:
Are you assuming the sellers actually think researchers are out there buying their foxy and amt? That seems pretty naive.
~psychoblast~

i understand the DEA doing it but it makes me mad, it wont become like MDMA though huh with underground chemists making it? Its sad, i guess only 50meo-DMT is left :(
also a question if you live in canada could you still get a hold of it??
[ 31 January 2003: Message edited by: TrAnCe&aCiD ]

Oh, good one. I have dishonored myself and all my male descendants by not getting that.
~psychoblast~

Originally posted by TrAnCe&aCiD:
Its sad, i guess only 50meo-DMT is
Yeah, but 5-MeO-DMT is not the one (yet) being scheduled. It is 5-MeO-DiPT they are talking about.

And if we keep talking about how legal 5-MeO is it just might end up scheduled even sooner.
Now that would be a HUGE loss.
Seriously.
[ 01 February 2003: Message edited by: yahazim ]

5meo scheduled? I wouldn't be able to go on if that happened. I'd move to Canadia for something like that.