View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

5-MeO-AMT- Expierences/Dosages/Thoughts

OnMyWayHome

Greenlighter
Before I share my expierences with what I consider to be a chemical for the connoisseur/extreme psychonaut......
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

1. What is your expierence with the chemical

2. What was your dose/dosages (depending on how many times you have experimented with it)

3. What are your thoughts on the chemical/experience

I got 100mg once long ago. I went through probably 60mg of it, in 2-5mg dosages. I was early in my psychedelic experimentation and I used to get difficult come-ups almost all the time on everything, so it may be that my experience would be different now, but at the time, I found it to be fun, but rather difficult. I would usually take it before going to hang out with friends. I had some great social experiences, and some awkward and difficult ones. I found the come-up to be quite unsettling and jittery and the entire experience was usually pretty jittery and stimulating, there was always an uncomfortable bodyload to some extent but sometimes it wasn't a big deal and sometimes it was quite difficult to deal with. I didn't find it to provide anything that other things couldn't do better. I was afraid to take it higher than 5mg.

Of note, regular AMT is one of my favorite substances, I find it to be beautiful, warm, comfortable and great. 5-MeO-AMT felt more overtly psychedelic than AMT (for example I have never had visuals from AMT, just a warm, fuzzy cast to my vision and brighter colors), whereas with 5-MeO-AMT I would get some real visuals, though nothing too interesting, just your standard crawling and a bit of morphing.

I have have done dosages of the same size, mine was around the 6mg range and caused the same discomfort, unsettling, and jittery feeling. Not to say that this chemical is ever "comfortable" in any sense. I realized after taking the bull by the horns and taking around 12mg the difference between having a weird slightly interesting experience and getting thrown off the "cliff" is like taking a totally different chemical. Comparable to taking a bump of K and hanging out with friends or going to a show, and actually taking the correct dose to properly K-hole. The difference is black and white, if you take a sub-psychedelic dose of 5-MeO-AMT it is purely unorginal and nothing to sing about unless you take a correct combination (which I do not recommend unless you are highly experienced with psychedelics). On the other hand when you get over the "Edge" (dosage wise) you will experience something that I would consider to be one of the most intense single drug experiences I have ever had.

Well to begin you will most likely vomit/diarrhea this is not a GI problem or anything else people have said. If you do not purge (and fight it) from what I have experienced you will not get to the level of ego death that is possible from this chemical, it is beyond which that "most" psychedelic users can handle. I literally restarted my entire system, body and mind before the actual real "trip" set in. I went for a walk and literally felt the trees and all other lifeforms feel the wind as it was blowing through and over them as unconditional love. This is coming from someone who has experienced such on LSD and other things like the love for trees and life in general plant or animal. This was different I was literally in mental conversation with these beings as if they were higher or at the least equal to the being that is human. The love I experienced taught me the boundless existence that we as a consumer society lose sight of and IMO will eventually lead to the demise of the human species. Not to mention, when I made it back home I meditated, and the very beginnings of my ego that began to reform got completely blown out of the water another time even deeper, to the point of which is beyond earth, sun, and stars. A truly eternal experience, these are just the bullet points obviously as it would take my own trip report/thread to actually describe it in ANY sort of detail.

I encourage you to write a TR. I never felt like trying this chemical because people describe more bad things than good ones about it. So it would be nice to hear something positive on 5-meo-amt!

It's been ten years or so since I've had this one, but I noticed a strange phenomenon with this one. It seems to not play well with sugar, my circle of friends noticed that if we abstained from sugar whilst on 5-meo-amt that the body load would be greatly reduced. Obviously no way to prove this, but just thought I'd throw that out there. Also, I combined with 2c-t-2 once and had the longest trip of my life, well over 24 hours, it was physically and mentally exhausting to say the least lol!