PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

5-MAPDI (N-methyl-IAP)

foolsgold

Bluelighter
TBeId86.png

just clicking through wiki bored and found this one

5-(N-Methyl-2-aminopropyl)-2,3-dihydro-1H-indene (5-MAPDI), also known as indanylmethylaminopropane (IMP), is a putative entactogen and selective serotonin releasing agent (SSRA) of the amphetamine family.[1] 5-MAPDI is not known to have ever been assayed by humans, but based on its close structural similarity to its N-demethylated analogue 5-(2-aminopropyl)-2,3-dihydro-1H-indene (5-APDI), it may have similar effects.[1]

any one any other info tested it ? i know it says not tested in humans but that means nothing really at times . is it like 5-mapb or any of the other apbs

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I'd like to sample this one. Not sure how much else interest there is, i.e. if there are people who would consider this to be a worthwhile venture.

Last edited:
This is the n-methylated version of IAP. The only citation on the 5-mapdi wikipedia article refers to an archived bluelight thread in which unless I've missed something is only mentioned off-hand on the 2nd page here:

F&B said:
"IMAP + MDPV here we come..."

Is the first one N-methyl IAP? if so a friend who synthed it came up with a better acronym, namely IMP (IndanylMethylaminoPropane). I think Shulgin, with his sense of humpour, would approve!

I'm not sure how they extrapolated "putative entactogen and selective serotonin releasing agent (SSRA)" from that :?

edit: (although it probably would be, in any case I can't see this as being significantly different to IAP/MDAI so not a worthwhile venture IMO)

Last edited:
not tried iap yet as not had the time to but mdai was a total bust 2 resent attempts left me feeling suicidal from it so i guess i may give this and iap a miss if they are any thing like mdai

I tried IAP - no effect whatsoever other than an annoying headache.

IAP is another SRA. Like MDAI it does little alone but mixed with a dopamine releaser produces an experience highly similar to MDMA.

IAP is another SRA. Like MDAI it does little alone but mixed with a dopamine releaser produces an experience highly similar to MDMA.

Indeed. IAP was quite a nice one actually, I received a sample of it and got to give it a try.

Alone orally it was quite subtle but it was warm and relaxing, almost sedating at times - alone nasally it had much more of a kick to it and flooded the body with warmth in a manner similar to snorting MDMA, albeit with less of a rush. When combined with dopamine releasers or reuptake inhibitors the experience resembled that of MDMA and similar substances. It also lasted quite long, 10-12 hours if I remember right.

If the N-methylation of IAP follows a similar trend to N-methylation of MDA -> MDMA then you'd expect it to be even more selective for serotonin, something IAP doesn't really need more of. I'm not sure if that'd hold true though, but just a thought.

Time to bump ancient threads? Appears to be around again.

Probably not very good though.