• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

5-MAPB and 5-APB Combo?

DiZzyBonne

Bluelighter
I've only been able to find one thing about this combo, and the guy doesn't say much about it. Everything else I find online combos it with 6-APB instead. Can anybody chime in on this combo? I'm looking forward to trying it this weekend!

I wouldn't really recommend this combination. I have tested both in the neighborhood of 10 times each, once adding ~50mg of 5-MAPB during the comedown phase of 5-APB; the addition of the 5-MAPB just seemed to bring me back to a more intense level of the comedown. I don't think either chemical has much to offer that the other lacks in terms of effects or timeline of effects, such that the combination is likely to feel like "more of the same." The 5-MAPB might add a little bit of "get up and go" to the 5-APB, but I think it is more likely that the 5-APB would overpower the 5-MAPB. If you were to combine them, I would keep doses on the low to moderate end of the spectrum (something like 100mg 5-APB and 50mg 5-MAPB). Taking both at the same time might make the long coming up stage of 5-APB more interesting, owing to 5-MAPB's shorter timeline; on the other hand, the peak from the 5-APB would hit at about the time the 5-MAPB was starting to fade, which might leave you in an awkward sort of state where the best part of your 5-APB experience feels like part of the comedown from the 5-MAPB. Timing the doses to reach peak effect at the same time would likely just feel like you had taken a larger dose of 5-APB by itself.

Keep in mind that over-release of serotonin seems to be a very real threat with 5-MAPB, even though I have not experienced this myself with fairly reckless abuse. In my opinion, the risks outweigh the benefits with this combination.

Last edited:
Can anybody else chime in on this combo? Normally, I take 130 mg of 5-MAPB, followed by another 130 mg about an hour and a half after the first. I haven't tried 5-APB, so I don't know how to gauge it.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but ...

Those are excessive doses of 5-MAPB and you are probably asking for trouble if you continue with that pattern of use. Do you have a large tolerance from frequent use? If so, I'd strongly recommend taking a long break of at least two months before trying again. If you don't have a large tolerance from frequent use, I would consider the possibility that either your product is not very pure or 5-MAPB just doesn't offer whatever it is that you're looking for.

You said yourself that that there are very few, if any, reports on this combination. If you haven't yet tried 5-APB on its own, why not try that by itself before diving into uncharted territory? Doing so would give you a better idea of the experience than someone else's opinion will, and you can make a personally informed decision about how well the two would go together. Besides, 5-APB is a pretty complete experience in its own right; you might decide that it doesn't need anything else.

If you insist on going through with this combination, reading the reports you mentioned of 5-MAPB combined with 6-APB are probably your best resource for deciding how the two will go together. 5-APB and 6-APB are fairly similar in their effect profiles and duration of action, although 5-APB is more potent by weight (which is to say that 5-APB requires lower doses than 6-APB). On a final note, please keep your doses on the low to moderate end of the spectrum any time you try a new combination of chemicals for the first time.

Your best bet if you must go through with this combination (and I still don't really recommend it) would probably be to start with a moderate dose of 5-APB (80-100mg). There is a long two hour come-up with 5-APB, followed by about a two hour plateau and a slow, gradual decline to baseline. If, after two to three hours, you still feel like you need more, only then consider topping up with a small dose of 5-MAPB (about half your usual amount or slightly less; I would recommend no more than 60mg). But please, don't go into the experience having convinced yourself that you must go through with the combination.

Stay safe.