Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

5-mapb/6-apdb synergy?

Treedweller

Greenlighter
Hi everyone,

I remember reading a while back in a thread comparing the differences to pressed pills and pure MDMA, that someone believed a popular pill press recipe in the past had been 90mg MDMA, 30mg MDA and 20mg amphetamine.

I am essentially wondering whether it would be possible to replicate this combination with 5-mapb, 6-apdb and 2-fa.

Aside from the inherent dangers of combining un-researched chemicals, can anyone see why this combination with a similar ratio to the above would be unwise? Does anyone have information on potential synergy/negative reactions between these chemicals?

If i were even to do this it would not be a regular thing as i don't enjoy the serotonin depletion from these compounds. It is more of a 3-4 times a year affair for me. I also have some 6-apdb left over which i don't find worth the crash by itself, hence why a combination might be worth pursuing?

Thanks, any feedback would be appreciated

Your not gonna replicate the MDMA/MDA combo, and going into the experience expecting a replacement is gonna likely lead to disappointment. The combo is good though, they really fill in what each is missing. 6-apdb provides me with the psychedelic effects, euphoria, and duration with the 5-mapb mainly adding to the missing empathy and tactile enhancement while also providing a bit more euphoria. I can't give an equivalent dose because doses vary wildly from person to person with the APB's, and doses of 6-apdb that I take are way too much for some people. Start with maybe 75mgs of 5-mapb and 40mgs of 6-apdb, if you've taken both before expect additive effects, though imo the 5/6-apb combo is more synergistic.

Cheers for the reply man, i understand that these are different substances and won't go into it looking for something that i probably won't find. Having said that i will probably try this in a few weeks as the extra aspects sound as if they are worth pursuing. I have tried 6-apdb a couple of times and enjoyed it, just felt like the experience didn't necessarily justify the after-effects as i mentioned in my first post.

I have not tried 5-mapb by itself before though, would you recommend this before combining the two? If possible i'd prefer to just reserve my serotonin for the combination, otherwise it would mean waiting another 3 months- i cannot really abide using these substances regularly but do enjoy them sporadically.

Any thoughts on whether the 2-fa would add anything worthwhile? I also pursue these substances as a means of enjoying social time with friends and felt that while the 6-apdb was not antisocial, it was much more of an effort to communicate- i just wanted to sit around and appreciate music. Does the 5-mapb addition help in this regard at all? If not, i would consider adding the 2-fa.

As always it's a good idea to try both substances before taking a combo, and this is the advice your gonna get on this site 9 times out of 10. If you tolerate empathogens well the chances of things going terribly wrong are pretty slim however. Whatever you choose to do make sure you start low and if you decide to try out the 5-mapb before the combo, spread your use out by at least a couple weeks, the longer the better.

Funny enough, I have also taken the 5-mapb/6-apdb/2-fa combo and it was good. At times I find myself pretty floored and 2-fa is enough to pick me up without driving me over the edge into overstimulation. Know that your crash between the 3 is gonna be harder than one alone. I personally never got a comedown with 6-apdb, but I did however with the combo.

5-mapb should help you be social, but were all different so maybe not. For example I find 6-apdb more social wheras 5-mapb makes me more sedated and less likely to get up and chat everyones ears off. It does do a better job at making you connect on an emotional level though, I don't get much empathy from 6-apdb which feels more like a trippy high than an experience... if that makes sense.

Great, thanks for your responses this is all the sort of information i was after.

I'm very experienced with MDMA/MDA and related compounds (used frequently few years back) and it sounds as if 5-mapb doesn't generally produce effects that are radically out of the ballpark that these substances can be expected to have.

As such i'll probably try it in combination directly, after allergy testing etc. I do understand the HR stance though.

And it is interesting that the ap(d)bs, produce such different effects in people in regards to after effects/empathy etc. I just felt a bit torn on 6-apdb alone, it was definitely a trippy high but still with empathogenic qualities- i feel like i could just take psychedelics and have a more concentrated experience in that regard rather than be in a slightly awkward state between tripping/rolling. It's mostly because of this that i think a combo might be nice, with a lower ratio of the apdb it will just flavour the experience. However if the mapb doesn't end up making me more social then i'm also fine with that, and i'm sure i will have an enjoyable time nonetheless.

Thanks again!