• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

5-Iodo-2-aminoindane any recent updates?

Runera46

Bluelighter
Hey guys.

There seems to be quite the lack of talk about 5-Iodo-2-aminoindane since late July. Did this turn out to be crap or am i just missing something.

Cheers

:D

dunno I 've had some subject samples was like lightly coming up on mandy..
shuld be getting some double strength 5-IAI

the quiet was because there was a switch of attention of 6-apb
that and there weren't any factories turning out decent product

Thanks Top Cat.

Let me know how you go with the new sample. Looking for a new stim

Either it was crap, or the vast majority of trip reports involved counterfeit drugs and/or too low of doses.

ebola

dunno I 've had some subject samples was like lightly coming up on mandy..
shuld be getting some double strength 5-IAI

the quiet was because there was a switch of attention of 6-apb
that and there weren't any factories turning out decent product

Double strength 5-IAI? So does this supplier have NMR and GC/MS testing that showed the original assumed "legit" batch of 5-IAI was below 50% pure and they are now offering a batch with NMR and GC/MS testing showing that it is around 99% pure and thus "double-strength" compared to other 5-IAI floating around?

Never understood double strength shit. Ooooh so the stuff before was like half pure and this stuff is almost completely pure haha. Sorry but it sounds like the same old double dripped acid and double stacked ecstasy shenanigans.

"We decided to make some really weak highly diluted liquid LSD with only 20 micrograms per drop, so we saturated the sheet during the first dip. Then we magcally were able to unsaturate the blotter while keeping the LSD potency per hit intact and we dipped the fully saturated blotter again for a second dip so it is now out of this world fucking crazy double dipped 40 microgram per hit acid man!"

"Oh yeah man nevermind your double dipped acid man, try out these triple stacked pills. They have 20 mg of BZP er I mean MDMA and a whopping 700 mg of binder, filler and chalk! Almost a gram of pill in every bite! They're the size of horse pills!"

"They have to be like gooder than 2 normal sized pills obviously right? How much you want for them? Double, triple the regular price? Ah shucks! Thanks!"

Thanks Top Cat.

Let me know how you go with the new sample. Looking for a new stim

I am somewhat intrigued by a new sample of maybe some worthwhile 5-IAI but looking at the SAR details it looks like it is less potent than MBDB, which I have tried and is a weak, slightly sluggish/drunken light MDMA-esque type high. If it is weaker than MBDB, I don't think a better synth can really change that fact.

Don't mind my humour, I always laugh at double strength claims. Unless the 5-IAI going around is less than 50% pure there is no double strength 5-IAI going around. Maybe some other chem that is twice as dtrong as 5-IAI could be passed off as double srength 5-IAI, but it sure as hell ain't acually 5-IAI.

I think it is funny, but I am looking forward to a follow up on this new double strength 5-IAI so please let us know how it goes TopCat

^^ they gain the 'double strength' through special bond manipulation, I've got FT-IR spectrograph results and they've (if some one else didn't) named the bonding 20100098-bonded MDAI...getting more before 12pm, hence the reason im up; didn't want to sleep through the delivery!

^^ they gain the 'double strength' through special bond manipulation, I've got FT-IR spectrograph results and they've (if some one else didn't) named the bonding 20100098-bonded MDAI...getting more before 12pm, hence the reason im up; didn't want to sleep through the delivery!

As Love_sex_desire said substance is a substance, whilst it is possible to increase the availability and therefore the apparent potency by careful use of crystal forms polymorphs, different salts and such it still is the same.
it is more likely that the vendors are adding something else to the 5-IAI or selling something completely different as 5-IAI.

Double strength pills or blotters are perfectly possible because the substance is already cut using the blotter as a filler or the binders and fillers in pills, add 2 times more active agent and it is twice the potency. But claiming double strength for a supposedly pure powder against the previous pure powder is bullshit.

the vendors have realized that it is impossible to underestimate the intelligence and gullibility of the people that buy this stuff and the marketing hype that goes along with it.

perhaps there will be homeopathic legal highs, 50% is 2 times better than 100% because it allows space for the molecules to move and assume the most potent shape, 1% is a hundred times better. Or maybe legal highs with better covalent bonds these bonds are like normal bonds but they are so much better because of the extra karmic photonic energy added.

A side note,
Double dipping of blotter is actually viable the alcoholic solutions of LSD used are not saturated, the second dip removes some of the original dip but the rate of dissolution is sufficiently slow that some of the material from original dip is left as solid and the rest produces a much more concentrated solution inside and near to the blotter, which allows a higher loading not a simple 2x but certainly a higher loading.
Starting with a more concentrated solution in the first place would be much more effective but the people doing the dipping usually only have access to 'Liquid LSD'-a solution of LSD in alcohol rather than crystalline LSD.
There is a lot of marketing BS as well.

the vendors have realized that it is impossible to underestimate the intelligence and gullibility of the people that buy this stuff and the marketing hype that goes along with it.
I lol'd.

I recently read that the "Pink Champagnes" from RetroPills include 2-Aminoindane. Can anyone confirm this and does anyone have experiences these "Pink Champagnes"?

Here's an update

Although it's more of a question;-what the fuck is wrong with me?

In. Bored, three beers to the good and rooting around my shelves for a livener when I remember I bought some 5-iai from one of the more reputable vendors.
Trying to avoid abusing my serotonin but I've found the bastard bag now haven't I?

A quick search through the posts suggests that snorting this stuff will hurt. Are you like me though, somehow you dont believe it? Perhaps I will be spared, perhaps I have a bionic nose or am a mutant?

Crush a slightly large allergy range lump with a note and clipper lighter, y'know just to see....

Stings like a sonofabitch. Bought myself 15 minutes irrigation with a 60ml syringe.

The pain has subsided but it's a lesson I seem to be unable to learn. Did dear old Sigmund have much to say about nasal fixation cos that's what I seem to have.

Oh well, not allergic I suppose, with the added bonus of putting me off the rest for tonight. My 5-HT2A receptors are spared another pasting for now.

Last edited:
As Love_sex_desire said substance is a substance, whilst it is possible to increase the availability and therefore the apparent potency by careful use of crystal forms polymorphs, different salts and such it still is the same.
it is more likely that the vendors are adding something else to the 5-IAI or selling something completely different as 5-IAI.

Double strength pills or blotters are perfectly possible because the substance is already cut using the blotter as a filler or the binders and fillers in pills, add 2 times more active agent and it is twice the potency. But claiming double strength for a supposedly pure powder against the previous pure powder is bullshit.

perhaps there will be homeopathic legal highs, 50% is 2 times better than 100% because it allows space for the molecules to move and assume the most potent shape, 1% is a hundred times better. Or maybe legal highs with better covalent bonds these bonds are like normal bonds but they are so much better because of the extra karmic photonic energy added.

A side note,
Double dipping of blotter is actually viable the alcoholic solutions of LSD used are not saturated, the second dip removes some of the original dip but the rate of dissolution is sufficiently slow that some of the material from original dip is left as solid and the rest produces a much more concentrated solution inside and near to the blotter, which allows a higher loading not a simple 2x but certainly a higher loading.
Starting with a more concentrated solution in the first place would be much more effective but the people doing the dipping usually only have access to 'Liquid LSD'-a solution of LSD in alcohol rather than crystalline LSD.
There is a lot of marketing BS as well.

fully double strength may be a bit of over hype but this stuff (and I have a FT-IR spectrometer analysis sheet confirmation) but this stuff (MDAI #II) definitely has more of a kick the regular..

^how does an FT-IR confirm anything regarding having "more kick" than any another instance of the same chemical pure? If both samples are pure, then they're pure and that is that, as said above the only thing you then have left to play with is different ROAs to improve bioavailability.

could you post the IR spectrum here? even better if you have an IR spectrum of genuine material or earlier material post that too.

IR is only really useful if you have a reference spectrum.

I know we're not supposed to talk about effects but I got 2 grams from a trusted and very reliable EU source, this has led me to believe that much of what was being sold as 5-IAI, was actually just a cocktail of whatever the vendors had left or just dud powder.

You're perfectly welcome to talk about effects. It's better not to discuss synthesis or specific vendors (though ADD is more lax than other forums in this regard), and never mention a vendor by name.

He's a deity, and he's manipulated the carbon-isotopes used in an impossible way. ;)

Reading this thread looking for an update - is there a consensus that 5-iai is not worth trying?

If not, which RC would people recomend for a fellow psychonaut?