• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

5-HTP before MDMA

libertine7427

Greenlighter
I used 5-htp after my last roll for the comedown, which was about a month ago, but since then I've started using it more frequently as a mood enhancer. Will this have any negative effects for the next time I use MDMA (which will be in about 3 weeks)? I've been using 5htp every other day for about a month now, and I want to know whether there are any risks associated with frequently using 5-htp and then taking MDMA.

Feel like I should add that I started using 5-htp after a period of copious MDMA use. In january this year I did MD or pills 6 times, then twice monthly in March and April. I realise that this was idiotic and I felt that my serotonin levels would be very depleted, hence why I got the 5-htp. The second time I rolled in March I got nothing from it, probably because I had no serotonin to release

I was taking 5-HTP for around 2 months daily before a holiday to Ibiza.

Went for 5 nights and the only night anything effected me was the first and the roll wasn't that intense.

Stupidly took 5 pills on the third night and NADA.

It's probably time to rethink your pattern of drug use. 5-HTP helps your brain store up on serotonin (if it manages to get past the blood brain barrier) so you have more serotonin to release when you take MDMA.

But not getting high anymore is a sign that bad things are right around the corner if you keep using.

I was taking 5-HTP for around 2 months daily before a holiday to Ibiza.

Went for 5 nights and the only night anything effected me was the first and the roll wasn't that intense.

Stupidly took 5 pills on the third night and NADA.

Right, fair enough. I might not take it for about 2 weeks before my next roll. I feel like my serotonin levels will be back up to a decent level by now anyway

Yea - don't take it for a while before you roll.

it's basically like being on an SSRI (which also means MDMA won't work!)

It's GREAT for after, not so much before. (From personal experience)